Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Xnova Motors Support

Xnova Motors Support Xnova Motors Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2014, 07:43 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was able to brown out a Koby 70 on mini VBar with TGY306Gs BEC set to 6V
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2014, 09:17 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would be careful with TGY-306G's, they have an issue with internal insulation (or lack there of) and can short out on the casing.

My TGY-306G's get hot, my servoking micros that are faster and stronger barely get warm(running at highest voltage also).
Old 12-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

JR-Forza-450 with the xts-2618, on Hobbywing-50A
crazy power.
JR FORZA 450ex + XNova 2618-1860KV motor testflight [3700 rpm] (2 min 33 sec)
silverbullet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just installed the Xnova 2618-1860 in my X3.

A few complaints right off the bat though..

1. Why is there no motor screws included with the motor? The X3 stock screws are not the correct size for this motor and I had to search for some. Seems like a basic part that should be included with the motor.

2. Holy cow the motor leads are long! I guess it's better that they are long than short, but, for others using this in the X3, make sure you trim them to the proper length.

3. Multistrand wind? Nothing wrong with it but I was hoping for a nice heavily stacked single strand wind. The motor itself is huge for this class so I am assuming it will be insanely powerful, but, maybe in the future I will rewind it with a single strand to get the most out of it.

I'm excited to test it out tomorrow though! Can't wait to see what it can do.
Old 12-28-2014, 05:33 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think only scorpion includes screws.
Basically i think it is not a good idea to do so.
every motorplate is different, maybe if then the are to short for some modell, customer will use them and
screw up the treads on the motor,, then blame the manufacturer for putting to short screws inside?
Belive me this will happen sometimes for sure.

I would be very carefully to cut motor wires,,,
If someone is not familiar with how to resolder this wires on the bullets,, please dont do it..
the wires needs to be deisolated from the coating,, which is not easy..
Failing to do so, will result in pain,,, not everone keeps acid at home for do so.
A clean sloder is the key for a good working ESC- Motor.

I dont think , that mutli or single strand will change somting in this size of motor.
to small differences...
I notice a nice improofement in torque , power and heat versus the golden collor motor i used before in my X3,, oneslty i cant handle the power now the xnova puts out..

The machining and manufacturing of the 2618 is a different level when i compare it to my previous motor,,

please report back how the flying went out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmann841 View Post
Just installed the Xnova 2618-1860 in my X3.

A few complaints right off the bat though..

1. Why is there no motor screws included with the motor? The X3 stock screws are not the correct size for this motor and I had to search for some. Seems like a basic part that should be included with the motor.

2. Holy cow the motor leads are long! I guess it's better that they are long than short, but, for others using this in the X3, make sure you trim them to the proper length.

3. Multistrand wind? Nothing wrong with it but I was hoping for a nice heavily stacked single strand wind. The motor itself is huge for this class so I am assuming it will be insanely powerful, but, maybe in the future I will rewind it with a single strand to get the most out of it.

I'm excited to test it out tomorrow though! Can't wait to see what it can do.
Old 12-28-2014, 09:44 AM   #86 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The KDE Direct motors come with Screws and they are perfect for the X3

Sent from my Gaui X3 using Pulse LiPo
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2014, 10:00 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbullet View Post
every motorplate is different, maybe if then the are to short for some modell, customer will use them and
screw up the treads on the motor,, then blame the manufacturer for putting to short screws inside?

If someone is not familiar with how to resolder this wires on the bullets,, please dont do it..
Failing to do so, will result in pain,,, not everone keeps acid at home for do so.

I dont think , that mutli or single strand will change somting in this size of motor.
to small differences...
I notice a nice improofement in torque , power and heat versus the golden collor motor i used before in my X3,, oneslty i cant handle the power now the xnova puts out..

The machining and manufacturing of the 2618 is a different level when i compare it to my previous motor,,

1. there is enough clearance from the stator support to the windings to supply screws long enough to fit any model and not worry about hitting the windings. Scorpion is not the only one to do this and it would be very disappointing of someone received this motor and didn't have the proper screws on hand to install it in a airframe that it is advertised to support. Won't cost much and could help some people out.

2. Cutting motor wires is not difficult. Cut, strip, clear off the enamal on the copper wires, and solder. Not to mention a shorter wires means less resistance which improves the motor overall, but, such a short reduction really won't make much difference.

3. Single strand will offer less resistance and increase the power and efficiency and increase copper fill as there is less enamel coating filling up the stator and more copper. Especially on a motor this size where eddy currents won't come into play with such thin wire. Considering all their other motors are single strand wind, I was surprised to find out this one was multi strand. Not to mention the awesome cooling system of their larger motors is not implemented on this motor either. I'm sure it will work just fine, but, I was a bit disappointed when it wasn't at the same level of high quality I expected from Xnova as seen on their larger motors.

4. Yes, the machining is very nice. Not complaining about the quality at all, Was just expecting it to be a closer match to their larger motors.

5. Thank you! I am about to go try it out, very excited to see what it can do! I"ll let you know in a couple hours!
Old 12-28-2014, 12:03 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just flew 5 packs on it. Very powerful motor for this heli, I had a watt spike of 1400 and I am only running the 11t pinion. Flight times are pathetic with 1200's and this motor though, 2:30 min of hard 3D with 3 min of smoother 3d. I can only imagine what it will be like on 12 or 13t pinion lol.

It was a hot day here in florida today so motor temps were fairly high, nothing crazy considering the temp outside though.

Over all, it performs very well.

If you go with this motor, I def recommend a bit larger batteries. It pulled 66 amps on one of them which is 55c for a 1200 mah battery!
Old 12-28-2014, 01:33 PM   #89 (permalink)

My HF Map location

that's a lot of power lol! Almost sounds good enough for a Goblin 380
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2014, 10:01 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

to small differences...

Your forza is really rippin there. Which "golden colored" motor did you have in it before? Has the 2520 been definitively outmuscled here?
Yfbb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2014, 03:39 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was use the 2520-1880kv before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yfbb View Post
Your forza is really rippin there. Which "golden colored" motor did you have in it before? Has the 2520 been definitively outmuscled here?
Old 06-11-2015, 08:05 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
JR-Forza-450 with the xts-2618, on Hobbywing-50A
crazy power.
JR FORZA 450ex + XNova 2618-1860KV motor testflight [3700 rpm] - YouTube
Holy Crap! What headspeed and pitch are you running? 95% capacity is how many volts?
Martinshelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in