Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 07:00 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The length of the rods varies based upon the head you are using, Align head, Mikado Head, ect., ect.
I just switched from he Mikado Head to the 3G Head, Level the swash at mid stick, low and high stick. Then simply put a pitch gauge on it to get zero on both blades.

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone have any suggestions for cable management with a Mini V-Bar? I'm finding that I'll have a bit of excess cables no matter how I route the cyclics and I don't know what to do with the excess.
T-Rex 700E 3G
PatrickH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2010, 03:35 AM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just finished round two on my FBL 450 Pro. A few months back I installed the Mini VBar 4.0 with the Mikado 450 class head. It flew very twitchy and I spent more time with the heli connected to my laptop than I did flying the thing. Overall it flew much worse than it did flybarred. Compared to the way my VBar 700N was flying I was disappointed with the 450.

Recently I ordered the Align 3G head and upgraded my 4.0 to the new 5.0 software and decided to try again. No sense in having a $475.00 paperweight in a drawer.

Lost all faith in the DS410M servos so I picked up a set of trusted HS65's for the swash. Had some doubts about the way they'd perform since they're analog but crossed my fingers and ordered them anyway.

Set up the swash servos with the balls on the innermost single arm Hitec horns. About 10mm or 11mm if I remember correctly. This gave me about 13 degrees of pitch (26 overall) with my collective slider around 90. Getting about 8.5 to 9 degrees of cyclic with the cyclic slider in the 90 range. Good values according to the Mikado setup instruction tips.

Stock tail servo (450 Pro) with the travel adjusted to around 42 in each direction.

On the flight page I'm using 90 for agility, 96 for M/R gain and the medium flight setting. Turned expo off in the software and I'm using about 15% expo in the radio.

Tail rotor is at 110 for piro rate, 75 for T/R gain. Expo also turned off in the software and 50% being used in the radio.

Checked for vibes on the ground with M/R blades removed and the tail control linkage disconnected. Vibe levels went up to the 800 range and showed my highest vibration was around 10,000 rpm (havent checked if thats the motor or tail rotor).

Took it out for a couple flights and was thoroughly impressed to say the least! Rock steady hover. Nimble and quick during flight maneuvers. I reduced my collective pitch to about 11 degrees to tame it down some. It was too easy to accidentally give a lil too much collective.

Overall I'm quite pleased with this 450 setup and the only thing that could make it better would be to upgrade to 4S or 6S. It's not lagging in power as is but more power is never a bad thing!

My battery packs are coming down much cooler also and I'm getting a bit longer flight time. Used 1300mah for 4:30 flights. Before I was using around 1500mah for the same flight time. I've gotta be careful about flights times here in the desert. 45 celsius plays hell on packs out here. Never noticed much difference in flight times on FBL nitro helis but on small electrics I'm a believer.

I'd throw some pics up but I left my camera on a Bangkok pier last month! Looks just like all the other Mini-V 450s.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:07 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Alarm sounding form motor when turning system on!

Hi just completed converting my Trex 450 Pro to flybarless im useing:
-Mini V-bar 5.0
-RJX Flybarless Conversion Head
-Stock Align RCE-BL35X speed control
-Stock Align RCM-BL450M motor
- 3 Airtronics 94809 Serrvos
- Futaba S9257 Tall Servo
- JR X9503 TX with Two Spectrum 2.4 Satellites.

Started off by selecting a new model in my TX made sure all my sub trims and pitch and throttle curves were at 50 at centre stick went trough Mr.mel videos for setting up a new Heli with a mini V-bar followed it to a TEE. Once i had finished the set up i plugged in my motor to my speed control turn my TX on, and plugged in my battery to power up my Heli and the motor alarm started going crazy i was in normal mode and throttle stick all the way down , didn't have my blades on so i flipped to stunt 1 on my TX and the motor start up tones started with my throttle stick still down after the start up tones ended the motor started moving at a slow rate as i lifted the stick it picked up speed but never stopped when all the way down. What did i do wrong please Help!
Neotacoma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Throttle Sub-Trim On TX

Figured it out for some reason with my throttle Sub-Trim all the way down on my radio , it was wanting to start up the motor all I did was move it up a couple of notches and no problem the bird fly s rock solid. Up graded the software to the Pro version found that helped make set up easier .
Im very happy recommend it to anyone wanting to go flybarless and planty of set up videos from Mr.Mel on youtube to help Cheers.
Neotacoma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2010, 12:36 AM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question for all the 450 Pro flybarless gurus out there,
Is the FB head jesus bolt to spindle centre dimension the same as the FBL head?

Ie is the FBL head shorter/lower than the FB head? I have assembled all the bits i need to convert my pro to FBL besides the Head block (holding out for a cheapo on fleabay) and im hoping to remove the washout time pin and used the FBL washout and follower with the FB head

cheers guys
hiddeous is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2010, 07:42 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi 450 flybarless freakers..
Can I shamelessly beg that you consider adding your 450 pro FBL setups to my site .. so we can accumulate some interesting info on the various 450 setups out there? (it is very easy and hopefully even a bit fun).

http://www.helifleet.com

the 450 page, already with some good data (Kyle's 450 is there) is at

http://www.helifleet.com/align-450-pro/i40
and you can see a grid layout here..
http://www.helifleet.com/align-450-pro/i40?grid=1

Unfortunately Kyle Dahl wasn't ready to upload his .vbr file for everyone to look at, his 450 is insane! but he says to expect it soon when they are finished tweaking.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:43 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my new mini v 5.0 in today im really excited to get it in the air.Was wondering how hard it is to set up looks like alot of steps to go through. Is there anything i need to know about this thing before i get started to make it easier.
Rod Hancock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2010, 09:41 PM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have to say it is easy (compared to 4.0).

Since you got express by default, I would pay again to upgrade to 5 pro, if only because you can't see the event log with express. The event log is vital IMO.

The thing to pay most attention to in the steps is the mechanical gain on the head. If you find you have to lower the cyclic gain number below the recommended range then you need to decrease the servo arm length until everything is back into range.

When setting the head up for pitch and cyclic pitch at those two steps in the sequence, go to the "advanced" page (the little professors hat in the corner) and follow the instructions for measuring the distances between the blade tips / entering those numbers to get a calculated pitch calc. It is worth it to get that right!
Old 10-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

what do i have to do to get the pro version? how much does it cost?
Rod Hancock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2010, 06:23 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

it is an online upgrade from the mikado.de shop you have to follow the instructions at vstabi.info involving entering your serial number at checkout (there is no physical delivery it just authorizes the firmware server to allow 5.0 pro for your unit from the PC software) it is ~45 bucks if i remember.
Old 10-14-2010, 03:25 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

how much more flight time are you guys getting with the flybarless...im flying about five minutes with a flybar...what should I expect with a flybarless system?
LL-Cool-T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010, 08:05 AM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I fly about 5 minutes on FBL, using 1800 4s.
I think you can add no more than 30sec to the timer.
Old 10-14-2010, 12:11 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Depends on setup.
With Scorpon 2221-8 on 4S 5 min about right FBL

With Neu 1107/2Y ,Jazz 40-6-18 10T I get 6 minutes taking out 1100Mah no matter how hard I fly.

Old 10-14-2010, 03:28 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think it depends also on head speed and aggression
for example Kyle Dahl has a 2:30 time at 4000 rpm

http://www.helifleet.com/Kyle_Dahl
nyc863 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2010, 10:43 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc863 View Post
I think it depends also on head speed and aggression
for example Kyle Dahl has a 2:30 time at 4000 rpm

http://www.helifleet.com/Kyle_Dahl
+1 For Sure. For Humans that do not fly at Kyle's level or that insane headspeed...
It's a pretty good average..

Old 10-18-2010, 07:31 AM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry my delay.

My flight with mini v-bar 5.0.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYQOYi1rtCg[/ame]
Trex 250 with scorpion 3600Kv
VDFS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-18-2010, 07:32 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

I hope you enjoy!!
Trex 250 with scorpion 3600Kv
VDFS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2011, 11:07 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Huge Favor

I am converting my 450 pro to fbl with an RJX fbl head but have not been able to set it up correctly. I had no problem setting up my 550's head.
Any way, can anyone using an RJX head post their links length? I would like to have a good starting point at least to try to set it up.

Thanks.
RVJet
manolinpinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anybody?
RVJet
manolinpinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in