Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

FBL on the 450 a big noticable difference? I have two 3G units on my 700s and love them so Im thinking about putting one on my pro as well. Just wondering if its worth it on a 450 size heli.
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2010, 10:34 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

It makes it fly BIG to be a 450, and much more hangtime to play trix in the air.
Very happy with mine.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:35 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two FBL 700's with 3G's and they are flying great, however I am looking to make my 450 Pro fbl and am tempted by the mini V bar since it is all contained in one unit. When you figure in the the FBL head and 2 sat receivers it comes out to roughly a $225 difference between getting a mini v and a 3G in the air.....ouch. Or wait for the SK720 to be released in a month or so. Decisions decisions.
Old 03-31-2010, 01:21 PM   #44 (permalink)
h60
Registered Users

I was assembling a v2 that I ntended to mini V eventually, when i came across this:
http://grandrc.com/inc/sdetail/207680

you do the math...

subtract 10% for the first time buyer coupon and I'll have my new heli this weekend!
Old 03-31-2010, 05:08 PM   #45 (permalink)
h60
Registered Users

booo! Backordered! oh well plan 2 upgrade commences...
Old 03-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

WOW, that seems like a killer deal!
Old 04-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My set-up is 450Pro, MiniV, Mikado FBL head, 5065mg on cyclic and stock tail servo, stock ESC and I just installed a Scorpion 2221-8 V2 tonight. I've not had any problems with the MiniV and the Stock ESC while using the integrated BEC. I've performed the "pitch pump" test and all was good and never had problem while flying. This thing flies great and I'm looking forward to trying out the Scorpion motor tomarrow. I'm using Hyperion VX 3s2200 batteries and get about 5min. I'm not a hard flier right now, I havent flown in months and am getting back in the groove.
Hulley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2010, 07:31 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone ever had a tail shaft bend on them in mid flight? I was about 2 minutes into my first pack this morning, just doing some figure 8's and when I turned her back around the tail started bouncing like crazy. When I brought it to the ground I saw the tail shaft had a huge bend in it. Any thoughts? Maybe just a weak/defective shaft?
joeyhatch11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2010, 08:07 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I noticed last night that my tail was making a little noise, even when the motor was out, and it sounds like its inside the boom. I'll have to look inside and see.
Hulley is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2010, 09:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's mine w/Mini Vbar and Align rotor head. A bit windy so I'll try to dial it in tomorrow, weather permitting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4546.jpg
Views:	915
Size:	42.0 KB
ID:	149410  
Old 04-06-2010, 02:39 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location
Default 450 Mikado Head file added to first post....

I added a 450 wmikhead file, this is file I am running now and works very well, this of course is with the new 450 Mikado Head. All ball loacationes etc have not changes from original first post and descriptions, enjoy!
Old 04-19-2010, 12:58 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could someone please post closer pictures of the Mikado 450 head mounted on a 450 PRO? If I buy that, do I also need to buy something else like new control rods?

As it happens, I broke a piece of the current flybarred 450 PRO head that I can't easily get a replacement locally.. Any reason to go flybarless is a good reason.

But really, I've not yet flown my 500 3G and the problems make me hesitant. I'm considering getting a mini-vbar or sk720 for the 450 pro.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:47 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default what to do, what to do...

Ok so I installed a 3G unit on my pro with the sport head and this thing FBL is a little rocket! I figured it would be and it was flying great. I was so excited with it after getting it dialed in perfectly that I started to go a little crazy with it doing piro flips on the deck. Needless to say I dumb thumbed and it took a dirt nap -Oops! So here is my dilemma, when it went in it was inverted, which broke the servo arms and striped the metal gears on two of my 5065 servos. Bummer since it is kinda a pain to work on servos on the pro. Up until I went FBL I haven't had gear stripping problems at all, even in similar or even harder crashes. I know with a flybarless setup there is more stress on the servos and is not as forgiving on them in a crash.

As I rebuild this heli I am stuck with what to do, put the FBL head back on and give it another shot, or put the stock head on with the flybar? For those of you with FBL 450's is this a normal or typical occurrence stripping metal gears? I'm not sure which way to go here.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:12 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

jet, 5065mg are good servos, but their metal gears do strip easy, flybarred or flybarless I have experienced crashes on both with these servos and same results, I stripped mine almost every time to be truthfull.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:27 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
jet, 5065mg are good servos, but their metal gears do strip easy, flybarred or flybarless I have experienced crashes on both with these servos and same results, I stripped mine almost every time to be truthfull.
Well that's just not cool! I had HS65MG's in my previous 450 and never stripped the gears on those, are the gears in the 65mg's different? what servos are you using on you FBL setup?
Old 05-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I'm curious (bear in mind I've been flying mechanically-mixed helis for years, and am just now building my first CCPM heli, so I come from a position of flybarless ignorance! :-) - all of the enthusiasm about the flybarless setups, their crispness, responsiveness, 'big-ness', etc - is the flybarless result more a function of the fact that there isn't a flybar and associated hardware gumming up the works, or more a function of essentially having a 3-dimensional gyro/stabilization system that keeps things in computer-controlled synchronicity?
jim_stoll is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2010, 03:33 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think it is both.
I was going to upgrade my 450 Pro to fbl but after reading some reviews of the G3 im now holding back. I can almost buy a new complete heli for the price of the fbl system.

So until I hear something really great, I will continue to use my flybar.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:48 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetblue2135 View Post
Well that's just not cool! I had HS65MG's in my previous 450 and never stripped the gears on those, are the gears in the 65mg's different? what servos are you using on you FBL setup?

Currently running the 5065mgs yes sir.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:49 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBuck View Post
I think it is both.
I was going to upgrade my 450 Pro to fbl but after reading some reviews of the G3 im now holding back. I can almost buy a new complete heli for the price of the fbl system.

So until I hear something really great, I will continue to use my flybar.

RH Mikado loyalty program is on for the month where a mini I think is $269 check it out.
Old 05-17-2010, 12:00 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I recently got my Skookum SK720 450 Pro in the air. I used the KDE anti-rotation bracket, but since the 720 has connections on both sides, you can't snug it up. I tried mounting it sideways, but felt the unit was way too exposed. So I just have a good 1/4" hanging off the back of the heli, which leaves enough room to extract the servo connections.

I plan on installing the Skookum servo bus in the main chassis so that I only need to run 3 extensions to the SK720. Logged vibration levels are very low as it is, and self leveling works great.

Overall the heli flies amazing. Before the conversion, I wasn't as comfortable on the machine since my other 2 heli's are flybarless. Now it feels and flies incredible. I'm very happy with the results.

I used the Align 3g head. The grips are the same, so I didn't have to purchase them, which made the conversion a bit cheaper. I just picked up the hub, longer links, longer grip balls, and swash driver. The head sits a little lower and looks killer.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9068.png
Views:	2324
Size:	668.5 KB
ID:	157273   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9069.png
Views:	2416
Size:	582.0 KB
ID:	157274   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9071.png
Views:	2384
Size:	597.8 KB
ID:	157275   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9072.png
Views:	2351
Size:	579.0 KB
ID:	157276   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9070.png
Views:	2392
Size:	599.5 KB
ID:	157277  

OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in