Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters

E-Sky Helicopters E-Sky Line - Help each other out!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 08:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Convertine a Big Lama to Spektrum 2.4 got DX7

I want to run my big lama with my DX7. It appears the gyro and the 6 channel receiver are separate.

Has anyone done this? I'm guessing I really only need an AR400 receiver and I can just hook it up and bind away.

Hoping it's that easy and you all can help me out, but maybe the gyro wont match up? Not sure about this one.

just this:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...eiver-SPMAR400
fourstringin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 08:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

anyone?
Old 08-20-2012, 10:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey there foustringin', did you have any luck? Unfortuanatley I cant be of any assistance. I have a Esky Tandem rotor that took a long time to get right but now shes tight. I have spare spektrum rx that I would like to use in my esky and bind with my new Dx6i but I dont know if it can be done. Doesnt seem theres many esky guys out there. Let me know if you know anything that might help. Thanks.
Unsafeatanyspeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2012, 09:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are still interested I'm close. There is a facebook page dedicated to the Big Lama and there are settings for setting up the orange receiver up. I'm working on it now but having a heck of a time.

This is the link to how they are setting up their DX6i's. Really great guys running this page.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
Old 10-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally got it taken care of

Big Lama to spektrum using DX7

Lots of help from the Facebook group.

I'll post soon all the settings I'm using.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need badly Your info about DX7 and Orange DSM2.

Hi fourstringin!

I have search on all the sites but couldnt find any help before i just read about Your success. Could You please print it down for the setup so i could get mine in the air?
I have also the "Dionysus mixer" but only info for the DX6i
Please respond on this if You have the time to do it

Have a nice day,
/Rolf (Sweden)
Rolf-Erik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was able to do this no problem with a Turnigy 9x radio. Flys just as crappy as with the original radio! But still love my BOL. It's my first heli. I'll never sell it.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I never posted what I did to get this working. This project sort of got into me just wanting to make it work while I was moving on to the CP heli's. I got it to work then never flew it because basically coaxial heli's are awful once you learn CP. Barely any control. So i sold it and the guy who bought it wanted it back on the original controller.

You can get it to work it's just a major pain and my advice is just buy a MCPX BL and learn CP heli's. Honestly FP and Coaxial heli's are nothing long term. They can teach you orientation at the sacrifice of slamming the stick all the way down when you're in trouble. Do that on a CP and bye bye CP heli.

What I do remember is having a lot of mixing to get the rudder set right and things had to be just perfect. I had rudder way faster on direction but did work in the other. Bottom line if you ask me is to just get a mini cp heli and start learning on it. nCP X or mCP X BL. Those are both tough and cheap to fix and will really be a lot of fun. I remember how excited I was when i first got my mcpx in the air. I was astounded at how much fun it was to just hover in the living room. It's crazy how cool that experience was.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in