Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #981 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by celltech View Post
Flew 4 packs with the the 450. Went to fly the th 450 and the elevator servo won't work. Replaced the servo but also noticed the stock 420 motor is bad. The bearings are shot and the shaft wobbles quite a bit.

Time to order a new motor.
if i where you, i wouldnt order a new 420 (or even a 440), and i would get a NextD -8 motor (just as good as scorp). Only $5 more than stock. (or you could get the scorpion -8 and thats around $80 or $90)
gdawgs56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #982 (permalink)
Registered Users

The scary thing is this is my FB 450 that I was flying over the water last weekend. That would have sucked if the servo or the motor would have failed in flight. In the drink it would go!!

Gdawg- why would you not buy another 420?
Old 08-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #983 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well the 420 and 440 motors, at least for me, go bad easily. And for only $5 more you can get a better, faster, stronger motor that will allow you to run higher head speeds and not bog your motor as much. When my 420 goes out im going to get a -8 or -6.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #984 (permalink)
Registered Users

sold my B450 today, it was my first "big" heli, and I learned flying on it, treated me well

gave new owner a LOT of spare parts, 15 batteries, and set it up for his futaba 9c super with dsm2, was WAY different than jr/spektrum, so took a while, very happy guy, he was doing planks for 15-20 years. so I turned a planker to the dark side!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 04:21 PM   #985 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Blade 450 is a good capable heli that does most things you ask of it. Did the guy fly it yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andersn View Post
sold my B450 today, it was my first "big" heli, and I learned flying on it, treated me well

gave new owner a LOT of spare parts, 15 batteries, and set it up for his futaba 9c super with dsm2, was WAY different than jr/spektrum, so took a while, very happy guy, he was doing planks for 15-20 years. so I turned a planker to the dark side!!!
Old 08-19-2012, 05:28 PM   #986 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by celltech View Post
The Blade 450 is a good capable heli that does most things you ask of it. Did the guy fly it yet?
he did a 5 sec 2 foot of the ground trip and seemed happy, with the new rx setup, I only quick set the swash properly, was at field, so blade tracking was about 1-2 turns of Id say, I showed him both swash, end limits, blade track etc. so he will no doubt be able to get it 100% he even got my 450 swash tool... so now I gotto order up a new :o

I took it for a 30 sec FF round with his tx, didnt feel like inverting it or doing any 3d, especially after the $300 of damage to my 500 just hours before.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:27 PM   #987 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes this hobby will drive you nuts, I had to completely rebuild one of my 130X's yesterday, it went splat on its head while I was cutting grass with it and I killed a blade grip.

And then this morning, I know I shouldn't have gone flying with a flybar, some gusts (20-30km/h), enough to be worried flybarred at my skill level. I can't believe it, on the first lipo, coming in to land of all times. There you go, shit happens... Blade strike to dirt, it was autoing in, so not much damage but it was a blade strike and this time, one blade has to be condemned.

It's good that a new pair of blade CF just arrived this morning pretty much perfectly balanced

I'm just feeding the hobby stores money lol. Got to stop!

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 06:39 PM   #988 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thinking about getting some Spektrum H3000 servos for my FBL B450. Any thoughts?
Old 08-19-2012, 07:10 PM   #989 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuntanaS View Post
Thinking about getting some Spektrum H3000 servos for my FBL B450. Any thoughts?
I recently installed them in mine, so far i like them, but only have a few flights on them so far, so kind of early to give much of a review. No complaints so far though, little faster than my 5065's
Old 08-19-2012, 07:21 PM   #990 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by gixster View Post
I recently installed them in mine, so far i like them, but only have a few flights on them so far, so kind of early to give much of a review. No complaints so far though, little faster than my 5065's
That's good to hear. Since owning my B450 I have had several servo failures causing crashes and would like to put an end to that! Hopefully buying some quality servos will do that. Plus Horizon Hobby's support is amazing.
Old 08-19-2012, 07:24 PM   #991 (permalink)
Registered Users

4 really great flights today, starting to hone in some natural reactions. I can almost feel some inversion coming on!

"I do my best looking 3d when trying to avoid a crash!"
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 08:33 PM   #992 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got my Align DFC head lubed, assembled, and ready for installation sometime in the next week or so.
Old 08-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #993 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

2 nice batts yesterday, 3 flight with fbl, lovin it more and more. Worked on piros, i got to 9 before it started to get wobbly, man this thing is sweet. I am going to up my TC to 85% flat for next flight! (right now i have tc in iu at 72.5 flat)
Old 08-19-2012, 09:47 PM   #994 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skidpad View Post
Got my Align DFC head lubed, assembled, and ready for installation sometime in the next week or so.
Started the mod yesterday. This morning double checked everything. Maiden flight (hover only) was great , flew 4 packs today. Beautiful bird. It needs a little fine tuning but it already feels like my 450X and even maybe a little better....

Old 08-20-2012, 06:27 AM   #995 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mounted BeastX, installed new HS-65MG servos all the way around, bound it to a new dx8 radio, shaved the rotor shaft and mounted the new tarot fbl head. Not a bad way to spend a 800 bucks.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #996 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flipped that baby over for the first time. Flew some nice, big loops. Rolled it a few times and set it down in one piece.

I scared myself once, when a gust of wind caught it sideways at the top of a loop. It kind came down off axis, headed for the flight line, but I was about three mistakes high at the time, and I made only the one, so it ended well.

I am really loving the ZYX FBL controller and the Tarot DFC head. It's rigid. It's smooth. It's responsive. It flies like my brushless mCP X, but with a bigger smile.
Old 08-21-2012, 12:12 AM   #997 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
Flipped that baby over for the first time. Flew some nice, big loops. Rolled it a few times and set it down in one piece.

I scared myself once, when a gust of wind caught it sideways at the top of a loop. It kind came down off axis, headed for the flight line, but I was about three mistakes high at the time, and I made only the one, so it ended well.

I am really loving the ZYX FBL controller and the Tarot DFC head. It's rigid. It's smooth. It's responsive. It flies like my brushless mCP X, but with a bigger smile.
congrats! Planning first flip on next battery. So for the DFC head, did you shave off the shaft and drill a new hole or did you just shave a few mm's off and use the longer links? i have the tarot fbl head and i like the look of dfc so i think i will get those fbl -> DFC links.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:24 AM   #998 (permalink)
Registered Users

I gave mine away.
I got a friend that I work with wanting to get into Heli's and flying and do I have him my old Blade 450 3D and another good buddy that I fly with helped out too and gave him a bunch of spare flybarred blades and head parts and stuff to help on rebuilding after crashes.

This hobby has given me so much good times I figured it would be good to share.

It was a great heli to learn with. It taught me a lot and hopefully it will continue to teach
JETI USA
www.MSHUSA.com, www.MSheli.com
mamartin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 08:53 AM   #999 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdawgs56 View Post
congrats! Planning first flip on next battery. So for the DFC head, did you shave off the shaft and drill a new hole or did you just shave a few mm's off and use the longer links? i have the tarot fbl head and i like the look of dfc so i think i will get those fbl -> DFC links.
I cut the shaft down and drilled a new hole. The swash is still at the same height it was with the stock FB head, but the top of the head is probably 2cm lower, between the cut shaft and the shorter head block.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:52 AM   #1000 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well that didn't happened today but 1 week and 1/2 ago.

I was flying at my field to do a maiden flight with the Co-Pilot 2. It started great, a few hovering to see the actual action of the co-pilot 2. look great.

It was a bit windy but nothing too much, anyway I started doing some circuit around and then I don't know what exactly what happened but the helis start getting away from me, I don't know if it was a wind gust or the co-pilot 2, but I was trying to get it back closer to me, It did came back closer, but started to go away again. At some point I was starting to loose orientation and trying to get it back to me. It was now maybe approx close to 1/2 mile from me. I decided to hit the throttle hold to get it down because it was getting closer to some houses. It was approx 100 feet up. It drop like a rock so about 30 feets from the ground I put back the throttle on, it stabilized but still didn't know it's orientation, so I hit the throttle hold again to land it. All that happened in less than I'd 30 to 45 secs.

It landed (fell) in a soya field in witch I was flying. So I had a visual repair where about it hit the ground, and started walking toward it.

The problem is that the area where I used to fly had soya plants of about 6" to 12" high. But more I was getting in the middle of the field more the soya planst where getting higher. When i arrived at what I tough it had landed (a bit confusing to get the how far it is within a few 100 feet 1/2 mile away) The plant where waist high and pretty dense.

I search the area for approx 5 hrs in the next 3 days without success.

So lesson learn are :

Maybe don't take so big of a field to fly so if something like that happen you hit the throttle hold sooner.

Don't fly over high plantation.

So my only hope is maybe to find some bits of the heli in the soya milk I'll buy at the grocery

Anyway I'm still here, I bought back a used 450 3d on ebay and order back co-pilot 2 air package.

Don't have to tell you that my girlfriend don't know anything about that.
Windmanquebec is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in