Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Engines and Mufflers

Engines and Mufflers Having problems or need advice on Engines or Mufflers?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2015, 09:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bad check valve

Hi..

i run a OS 91 HZR and it is starting to lean out on me past couple of flights. Very noticable in when doing things inverted. Just started doing inverted auto's and everytime now it comes down sounding lean.. it has a high dingdingding idle attitude.
After chaking it a little i noticed it dies everytime i keep holding the heli upside down at idle.

Replaced the clunck line last week and still waiting on the trexstopper tank grommet. After a flight it has a very decent pressure in the tank.

So i wonder how can you tell when a check valve is going bad? If i hold it upside down wouldn't i see air being fed to the tank coming from the valve?
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2015, 03:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Spin the clear bit around. Under magnification it has two different surfaces.
Old 09-21-2015, 03:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Before taking it apart yesterday i did the blow test and was easier to blow through than after i took i apart and cleaned it.

Honestly don't know which side around i refitted the silicone valve.
Old 10-01-2015, 06:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

New check valve in, replaced all fuel lines,filter , new MOAS in the tank, inspected the regulator yet again and it is spotlessly clean inside. Both needles on the rich side and still
it has moments it leans out. Smoke is good.. has a nice trial at long climb outs and transition to the mid range is also very good.

Getting in to a climb out after hovering for 10 seconds or so it hesitates a bit like it's stupid
rich..

Any ideas?

Will take the carb out tonight and tear it completely down for inspection

edit; also when i hold the heli upside down while idling it dies after a second or 10
Old 01-19-2016, 04:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like to leak test all my plumbing. Remove tank and all pipe work, and plug the engine end with a M3 bolt. Now use a pump with a needle valve on it (football/basketball inflater valve). Do this from the back plate end and pushing air through the check valve. Dunk the whole lot under water in the sink and look at your tank seals etc for bubbles.

Also, they are so cheap, don't mess with check valves, after about 15/20 gallons of fuel, the silicon seal super polishes the alloy seat and it has a very high surface tension. It's fine once you have cleaned it, but within a few mins running, the oil effectively seals the two parts together, and you loose tank pressure straight away, and go lean. Just buy a new one, and how the old one away.
TDRx2, Synergy N7/E7se/N5cTT, Align 450L/550/700e/700n, Gaui NX7/NX4, , Goblin 700/Black Nitro, Futaba 18MZ/ V-Control All on V-Bar's and S-Bus. #0095
rctintin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in