Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2013, 09:52 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question !?! Blade nano CPX head isues and response time

Hello all,

I am new to the hobby, and have been flying my nano cpx for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday I had a small wipe-out (in grass) and suddenly my servos seem to be responding in a strange way.

When the heli is stationary (throttle hold) all servos move evenly and snap to center when I release the sticks on the transmitter. When the head has ANY rotation the servos respond completely different. When I move the servos to drive the heli, the motor bogs significantly and the servos do not snap back to center when I release the sticks on the transmitter. To get them to return, I have to hold the stick in the opposite direction for a significant amount of time. When everything returns to center the motor stops bogging.

For example, when the head is rotating:
-I can move the roll left stick all the way left and the heli will try to roll left after about 2 seconds of holding the stick. When I let go it stays there.
-I can move the roll right stick all the way and the heli will slowly start to move back to center and then to roll right, but only after about 2-3 seconds of having the stick pinned to the right. Then it stays in that position.

Previously, the heli did not seem to respond this way. I thought that it always went back to center, and it definitely did not have this extreme delay between a Tx stick movement and a helicopter reaction. Anyway, since it has been acting this way, I am unable to get the heli to lift off, or fly at all. Even with the head speed and blade pitch pinned at max.

I have not changed any controls, and the heli has flown fine for a couple weeks before this started to happen. Does anyone have any suggestions or know what may be wrong?

I am still learning helicopter terms and jargon, but I am an electrical engineer with a very strong technical background so feel free to get nitty-gritty with it. I am using the Spektrum Dx6i Tx.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.
smear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-31-2013, 10:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default !?! Blade nano CPX head isues and response time

Try a quick rebind. From my experience, simple things like a rebind can help the main issue.

Jimi
slimjimi09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-31-2013, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Check that the main gear hasn't slipped down on the main shaft. That would cause no lift off.
vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtown nick View Post
Check that the main gear hasn't slipped down on the main shaft. That would cause no lift off.
+ 1
Old 09-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default !?! Blade nano CPX head isues and response time

I'm not sure what your saying. If I hold my cyclic stick pinned right for three seconds I could do three flips. (Right stick). Sounds like a 3n1 problem. Try to rebind and make sure you hold the right stick (left or right) while binding I don't remember which way for a programmable TX.

TS3D#1
NanoCPX, TREX500DFC,
TREX700DFC HV, DX8

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in