Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2016, 08:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130x Parts Availability

Considering buying a second hand 130x, just curious to see how people are finding suitable replacement parts now that it has been discontinued for awhile?

Thanks in advance.
burbler is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2016, 09:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

just keep your bird as stock as possible and you shouldn't have a problem finding replacement parts for a good while . Blade is good about keeping the parts in stock for a good while. Between all my 130x's I have plenty of parts if it gets to the point I'll just start designating a parts bird and just go from there. Good luck.
3D Ambitions is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2016, 09:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am still able to order stock parts from my LHS, have not found something they could not get yet.
I just had to get a 3s Lynx motor from the UK through Ebay though, no USA retailer I frequent had any in stock.

HW.

Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle. Robert Anthony.
Heliwhisperer is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2016, 09:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cheers,

The second hand 130x I was looking at was blinged out with aluminium parts, so might actually wait till one pops up that is closer to stock. Great advice.
Old 05-19-2016, 10:45 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Show me a part that you can't get.

There are also great discounts on after market parts but you have to look for them.

Buying a really cheap 130 gives you a whole heli of parts.

Some parts such as the tail boom can be made from common stock.
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2016, 01:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashandBurn View Post
Show me a part that you can't get.

There are also great discounts on after market parts but you have to look for them.

Buying a really cheap 130 gives you a whole heli of parts.

Some parts such as the tail boom can be made from common stock.
The Lynx TBS stretch tail boom is a bit hard to locate...most all of the stock parts are readily available
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2016, 02:15 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the advice, I am sitting on the fence, not sure whether to pull the trigger on the second hand 130x, or just outlay the $$$ a new 180cfx? I currently fly the snot out of my Cpx & Cps in the yard for convenience, rather than making the effort to go down the park with my Forza.
Old 05-20-2016, 05:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have no problems with finding parts for my 130x and I still really enjoy flying it.

I also have a 180cfx and I have to say I love it too, but there's a world of difference between the two.

My 130x is fairly stock and is quite tame by comparison but it's probably taught me more about collective management than anything else I've flown. I also find it to be relaxing due to it's rather docile nature.

On the other hand my 180cfx is heavily Lynxed out and while I'm still running the stock motor this sucker rips. It flys great but it always seems to be on the edge. It is easier to work on though.

I can't say I like one better than the other, it just depends on what kind of mood I'm in but they're both great backyard flyers.
Wrencher62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2016, 07:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
The Lynx TBS stretch tail boom is a bit hard to locate...most all of the stock parts are readily available
Yep,I think Lynx dropping support for a heli once it's discontinued isn't the best move.

A guy can source stock material and create his own TBS boom.
CrashandBurn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2016, 11:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbler View Post
Thanks for all the advice, I am sitting on the fence, not sure whether to pull the trigger on the second hand 130x, or just outlay the $$$ a new 180cfx? I currently fly the snot out of my Cpx & Cps in the yard for convenience, rather than making the effort to go down the park with my Forza.
Well that 130x you were looking at on rctrader has been sold. I will tell you how good it is next week
flappist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2016, 07:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ha ha, that is classic ! You (me) snooze, you loose, looked like a cracker deal!
Old 05-23-2016, 04:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Burbler. I am in WA and having a few issues with parts. I posted a few weeks ago about the tail slider links and have not had any response yet. I think the LHS are increasing prices and making a bit extra. To be fair I have not been stuck yet but a weeks wait to come from over your way is annoying.
Maturecruiser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2016, 06:23 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think we certainly dont get the best service or availability in Oz.

I went to get a couple of replacement parts for my Ncpx at my LHS and the guy behind the counter said, oh sorry I used the last one myself ha, ha, ha, can order for you but will take a couple of weeks and I am not sure if we can get Ncpx parts any more anyway, lucky I got the last one eh...

Did a bulk order from Fleabay from the US and had parts in my hand within a week and at half the price I was prepared to pay locally.

Another one, I can get a 180cfx from the states including shipping and currently including free case, cheaper than I can pickup (no postage) for just the 180cfx from any Hobbie shop in Oz?
Old 05-24-2016, 04:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Two points on that.

First one is are you paying GST etc on the private import or using the $1k loophole?

Second one is do you think that the reason parts etc may not be held here is that too many people are saving a couple of dollars by buying directly from USA or China?

There are millions of people living in Perth and Melbourne. A percentage are heli enthusiasts. If you all supported your local guys they will support you as they make money out of it.
If you all buy offshore then one day you may find that no one cares about helis anymore and you will be stuck with always buying offshore which means every minor problem will be weeks to resolve.

If your LHS does not carry the bits then ask them to or find one that does. My local one (Performance Hobbies in Hervey Bay) has HEAPS of Blade bits as well as new helis in stock. Not once ever have I had to wait for parts and I crashed quite a bit when I first started.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Agree with most of your points and continue to (like the last 30 years) support most of my local hobby shops to some degree, as when I break something usually OCD kicks in and I want it ready to fly the next time.

What I dont support and why sometimes, I am happy to spend my hard earned on a bulk order or higher value item from O/S, is crap service and IMO ridiculously marked up items.

Last edited by burbler; 05-24-2016 at 07:20 PM.. Reason: Uneducated spelling mistakes
Old 05-24-2016, 09:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I rather order online then have to drive 15 miles across towns to get to the nearest LHS . Besides not too much support for heli around here just "drones" and Rc cars and trucks.
3D Ambitions is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2016, 03:01 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went flying this morning and the owner of the LHS was there with a 130x that he flew into a fence hurting it. I asked him what it was like for parts, he said he had them back at the shop and any he didn't have would be about two days so I am confident I will be ok.

Last edited by flappist; 05-26-2016 at 02:42 AM..
flappist is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2016, 03:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the help guys, ended up getting a used 180cfx to add to the collection.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:01 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well done. Did you get that one on rctrader?

I bound the 130x today and did a very short flight. I am looking forward to the weekend
Old 05-26-2016, 05:11 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure did, the one that was on there for a bout a week. Umm'd and ahhh'd then thought ahh what the heck, 6 batts and a few spares.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in