Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah yeah nothing beats German engineering...blah blah blah.
AMA #1039539
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddj74 View Post
Yeah yeah nothing beats German engineering...blah blah blah.
Align does a very good job on designing, and so does SAB. Seems more like when the manufacturing happens in mass production, then problems arise. Having said that after a lot of work my 700E is solid as a rock. The Goblin is pretty darn good as well bone stock. The Diablo is just a work or Art.

Hard to really compare a German Boutique heli to Align or SAB, plus and minus for sure.

Synergy N5C sitting in Box...
Mystic3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question My main gear one way "jumps" step by step

Hi,
today while spooling up my T-Rex 700 Jet (Wren 44), just before take off, while trying the controls, as soon as given slowly full left rudder I heard a "ra-ta-ta-ta-ta" warring noise.

Stopped the hely and everything looked perfect, gears, transmission, everything....until the moment when I holder the tail rotor with my hand and I hears a decides"tak" step while trying to apply some torque in clock-wise direction (seen from blades side).

I think problem is in the main gear one way bearing, that does not slip...but jumps 1 step at a time ?

Could it be ?

I checkes all bevel and gears from tail rotor to main gear (marking then with dark pen) and no slippages there. So, I guess the only thing is slips while forcing tail rotor cw must be main gear one way bearing.

Strange thing is that my mechanic is very new and correctly mounted T-Rex 700N 3G (but with flybar head).

I've also T-Rex 700N , 700E and 700E F3C and so far I never experienced such a problem on main gear one way bearing.

Also, I do not fly 3d, but gentle and smooth scale flight.

Finally, would KDE upgrade solve my issue ?

Any consideration or suggestions from you is very appreciated

Kind regards
Denis Ferrari
T-Rex100,T-Rex150,T-Rex250 Hughes500E,T-Rex250 SE, T-Rex450,T-Rex450 AgustaA109,T-Rex450 Hughes 500E, T-Rex450 Ecureuil,T-Rex500 EC135, T-Rex600E A-Star Ecureuil,T-Rex600E PRO,T-Rex 700N,T-Rex 700E F3C,T-Rex 700E A109 Power,Raptor 90 3D,T-Rex 744 JET
DenisFerrari is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2013, 03:39 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Those one ways are known to give up the ghost quickly on occasion, but it also sounds like you may not have the boom pushed in far enough. I have only seen the OWB slip smoothly.

Were you able to get both the tail mounting bracket (on bolts that go through the vertical fin) and the 4mm screw that secures the front right side of the boom installed smoothly? i.e. the bolt went into the hole?
Old 12-08-2013, 03:44 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Freak View Post
Those one ways are known to give up the ghost quickly on occasion, but it also sounds like you may not have the boom pushed in far enough. I have only seen the OWB slip smoothly.

Were you able to get both the tail mounting bracket (on bolts that go through the vertical fin) and the 4mm screw that secures the front right side of the boom installed smoothly? i.e. the bolt went into the hold?
Hi,
thanks for the reply,
To mee too, one way bearing should slip..not "stepping" or "jumping"...anyway, I've checked and the boom is well in for sure ... on 700N there's also the side screw on the boom entering on the plastic hub, that fits inside side hole. I'm sure that bevels gears there are tight and perfect, no gears slipping or stepping there. Nor in tail gears area.
T-Rex100,T-Rex150,T-Rex250 Hughes500E,T-Rex250 SE, T-Rex450,T-Rex450 AgustaA109,T-Rex450 Hughes 500E, T-Rex450 Ecureuil,T-Rex500 EC135, T-Rex600E A-Star Ecureuil,T-Rex600E PRO,T-Rex 700N,T-Rex 700E F3C,T-Rex 700E A109 Power,Raptor 90 3D,T-Rex 744 JET
DenisFerrari is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2013, 06:53 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

I experienced this on my 550e. What I found out was when I went to idle-up from standard throttle mode, the head speed was so slow in standard that the sudden jolt of power up would cause the one way to slip. I figured out that it's easier on the equipment to raise the throttle curve much closer to my idle up setting so there wasn't a big spike in the power.

I realized this when I watched back a GoPro vid i made and heard the whole event.

I am sure you guys know way more about this than I do.
Giant_Scale_Gasser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2013, 09:57 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you only fly in gov mode (more specifically if have a straight across throttle curve in idle1 and idle2) and have a transmitter like the DX9 you can set it so that going from normal to stunt1 and stunt1 to stunt2 has a slowly increasing throttle. I did this on my helis just so that it is easier on the mechanics. Look at the servo menu under speed. I set mine to increase throttle from normal -> stunt1 and stunt1 -> stunt2 over a 2 second time period.

This of course doesn't fix your problem it just tries to keep it from happening. I would worry that you could trigger the slippage again during flight or maybe with easier flying. Re-gluing that sleeve was not fun for me though... I had to borrow someone's small harbor freight press when I did mine. I used epoxy as I never wanted to do it again.
StatiC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 12:41 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDE Direct View Post
Hey Guys,

I know this is an age-old thread, but the problems are still commonly happening and wanted to get this solved, especially with the higher-power systems we are pushing these days.

http://www.kdedirect.com/TREX700OWBM.html

Machined from a single-piece of Stainless Steel 440C, hardened to bearing-quality HRC 60 levels, there's no more chance of failure.

would i still have to drill 3 holes and insert grub screws with this upgrade ?
Old 04-16-2014, 12:46 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

No modifications needed. There's no sleeve at all anymore.
AMA #1039539
Old 04-16-2014, 01:11 AM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
no sleeve
get out awesome thank you
Old 04-17-2014, 07:34 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Do you know when this started ? I got my kit at x-mas it is a dfc pro red 800 motor
lavaandy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

He's talking about a KDE upgrade OWB not the stock one. Stock OWB still has the sleeve.
AMA #1039539
Old 04-18-2014, 09:54 AM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw one slip on an Align pilots 700 DFC Pro, he now has the KDE OWB, shhh, don't tell anyone
ranchhand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2014, 08:00 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick question regarding one way bearings - on my 700 F3C, when I rotate my rotor in the opposite direction, there is no grab whatsoever; just free rotation. Does this means my one way bearing is bad? I continue to lose power less than a minute into flight...
cjennjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2014, 08:02 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would say yes it's slipping or put in backwards.
AMA #1039539
Old 04-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

The bearing was installed at the factory, so I'll chalk it up to a bad bearing and order a new one. Thanks...
Old 04-20-2014, 09:56 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

If just replacing the bearing buy this one...

http://www.rcbearings.com/products/f...y-bearing.html

When you get the kit your suppose to take it apart and grease the OWB. So if you never took it apart i would chalk it up to failure due to lack of proper greasing.
AMA #1039539
Old 04-21-2014, 03:41 AM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
If just replacing the bearing buy this one...

http://www.rcbearings.com/products/f...y-bearing.html

When you get the kit your suppose to take it apart and grease the OWB. So if you never took it apart i would chalk it up to failure due to lack of proper greasing.
No greasing required for OWBs - does no harm if done right (no teflon etc.) but doesn't help either.
PetJumper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 12:24 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, that's what I thought - no grease on the OWB. You could use a drop of bearing oil, but no grease. I will take my OWB apart for inspection and probable repair.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:18 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

Apply grease or not I don't care that's what it says in the manual...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	503892  
AMA #1039539

Tags
bearing, one-way, trex700e

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in