Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 Aftermarket Upgrades

450 Aftermarket Upgrades 450 Aftermarket Upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2011, 04:10 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by John A View Post
Dose this work better than the previous 450 mod that uses the steal ball links for the weights? I can see that it involves less work with your mod but are the results better or the same? If the results are better I might have to get a set for my SE V2.
I dont know if my weights are any better than the steel ball link mod. I do know that in the process of designing my weights very small amounts of weight affect the optimum tuning. I am talking about .010" thickness change of the nut and bolt head being the difference between optimum and just close. Too much weight can be worse than not enough. I originaly designed my weights at zero pushrod force. But that leaves the whole pitch change system unloaded when not changing and the linkage play shows up all thru the entire pitch range instead of only when crossing zero pitch. I have different Chinese weights for the weighted and nonweighted grips. The Chinese weights for the pro/sport weighted grips have been adjusted for the weight bulges
I do have a lot of very happy customers.

Last edited by HEIM JOINT; 04-26-2011 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: added comments
HEIM JOINT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 02:03 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like to buy a set for my trex 450 pro and my trex 550e 3G how much shipped.Thanks Deryl
derylh123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2011, 08:55 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I guess I would like to try them. How much for 2 sets for the 450se V2? Thanks for your time. John
John A is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2011, 01:10 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up chinese weight mods

You have a PM!

Greetings,
Rwi78 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2011, 09:03 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got my weights and I can tell you that they are much heavier than the steal ball link mod. They are very nicely made and quality work. Threads on the bolt are very precise which made for a nice and tight fight in the grips. I am very pleased, Thank you
Old 05-15-2011, 03:53 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very Impressive! Pm me a price to Riverside, Ca please. PayPal ok?
Old 05-21-2011, 07:27 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep up the good work. Could you PM a price to NY 11413 for modding 550E fbl and 250SE fbl. Thanks!
rcbliss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2011, 08:24 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi! Just wondering if you had any that would fit a stock B400 with plastic grips. I am also interested in a set for the 450 pro. Please pm me with info and prices to Hawaii 96707.
Thanks!
Old 07-16-2011, 08:54 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just posting so I will be allowed to PM to order a set for my EXI 450.
kingjamez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am also going to need two new sets for my two new builds. The last set I used was simply spectacular. Even though I was running a superhot MksDs95i tail servo the difference with and without were noticeable. I will give you a heads up as soon as I solidify the tail setup on my fbl build so I can save on the shipping for both.
Randy.
P.S.
Hey, word is getting out by the way. I had a tail explode due to faulty parts. On the Skookum thread one of our guys posted up and told me about chinese weights. I proudly replied that I had been running a set of yours for quite a while.

These things lived though multiple nasty crashes and abuse of almost every sort and still were functioning. I even wadded them up and carefully straightened them out more than once.
Old 07-31-2011, 07:06 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this still an issue for the 450 pro as I just replaced my grips with new align 450 pro grips about 3 weeks ago and not sure if I will still benefit from this mod. Thanks for your guy's help
heliphlier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2011, 11:01 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi! Just wondering if you had any that would fit a stock B450 with aluminum grips. I am also interested in a set for the 600 nitro pro that also has metal grips.... Plus, one set for the Trex 250 Heli with aluminum grips...Please pm me with info and prices to Oceanside California 92057.
Thank you...Sir...
prior8t2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by heliphlier View Post
Is this still an issue for the 450 pro as I just replaced my grips with new align 450 pro grips about 3 weeks ago and not sure if I will still benefit from this mod. Thanks for your guy's help
In my opinion along with many customers buying weights for the pro/sport tail it is still an issue.
Go back to post #28 of this thread and watch the video. It is showing the 250 weighted grips but the 450 would be the same situation for the 450.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:43 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Weights for 500 tail

PM sent

Jules
126jp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2011, 07:43 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have been useing these for a while now on my V2 and a hk ds480 servo and have had no issues. I recomend them to every one who askes about them. Excelent quality and I will buy again when needed on my next project.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:02 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEIM JOINT View Post
In my opinion along with many customers buying weights for the pro/sport tail it is still an issue.
Go back to post #28 of this thread and watch the video. It is showing the 250 weighted grips but the 450 would be the same situation for the 450.
I was just about to second this opinion. It just came up on two different threads besides this one. The difference is dramatic.
Hey HJ, btw have you done any research with these on the multibladed tails yet for the scale guys and smaller 450s? I would think they would even be more helpful here also.

I just custom built a few new tails and am working up an order, but one is this tail assy running Kbdd blades.
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...tc-most/Detail
But I flipped the grips and modded the assy. That shouldn't change much however.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:08 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You left my Trex- 550 off your list! I also have KDE tail kit and have really good performing 3G setup!
Old 08-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Hey HJ, btw have you done any research with these on the multibladed tails yet for the scale guys and smaller 450s? I would think they would even be more helpful here also.

I just custom built a few new tails and am working up an order, but one is this tail assy running Kbdd blades.
http://www.cnchelicopter.com/servlet...tc-most/Detail
But I flipped the grips and modded the assy. That shouldn't change much however.
Assuming the same grips and blades the pushrod force is proportional to the number of blades. Meaning if you go from a two blade assy to a three, the pushrod force will increase 50% and double going from 2 to 4 blades.

KBDD blades are no problem. most of my tests were done using them.

If you buy sets from me to use on multi blade setups you must tell me they are going to be a set. The reason is that I selectively assemble the weights to match within 0.002 gram per set to prevent any claims that my weights cause vibration. multiple sets will not necessarilly match unless I know they need to.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:57 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCLs View Post
You left my Trex- 550 off your list! I also have KDE tail kit and have really good performing 3G setup!

You must have an old list. I have them on the new list. they are the same weights as the 600 because the grips are the same. Any blade size/weight difference is within tuning range.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:46 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEIM JOINT View Post
Assuming the same grips and blades the pushrod force is proportional to the number of blades. Meaning if you go from a two blade assy to a three, the pushrod force will increase 50% and double going from 2 to 4 blades.

KBDD blades are no problem. most of my tests were done using them.

If you buy sets from me to use on multi blade setups you must tell me they are going to be a set. The reason is that I selectively assemble the weights to match within 0.002 gram per set to prevent any claims that my weights cause vibration. multiple sets will not necessarilly match unless I know they need to.
Good to know! Also good to know that at those tolerances the sweat off your fingers will have more effect throwing the balance off than one of your weights.
I do have one of your weights left. The other is still attached to a brand new grip and 68mm cf blade from a manufacturer caused tail failure, it shot off while the heli was airborne. No telling where that will ever show up again. I would measure the remaining one with my digital scale but I have found no two hobby quality scales are exactly alike.
Pm sent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in