Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default what swash plate would you run

im on my second standard align swashplate

after a billiant flight of fun and my new found inverted flight i landed loaded a new pack and went to take off again

sorry FBL system on board tarot ZXY - but im pritty sure that was not the culprit - read on.
as i reached lift off and went light suddenly it was like it had found resistance and went to the right and backward
luckly my fingers engaged before my brain and not much became victim

anyway the reason i say above is cos usually you would have ben shaft / main gear & drive tail gears would be shredded. But all where fine.

Anyway to the point is on inspection i noticed that the head would click as it rotated and was stiff and then notice that the swash bearing was out the case by a good few mm to the point that the link ends where rubbing on the swash lower plate.
i pushed it back with a few tabs of super glue to hold. ive only had this swashplate a month or so and am supprised

anyway anyone out there had this themselves or can you guys suggest a sensible option that isnt made of gold and will last

also do any of you run different tt drive gear bearings MR128 i seem to be relacing them monthly as they regularly disintergrate

cheers
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2012, 06:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, as an upgrade, the i2 swashplate is really nice. That I can vouche for. Same goes for the main bearings. They are ABEC-7 so they have pretty good tolerances. But, that being said, I'm still on the same Align swash plate for over a year with no issues on one of my 500's.
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i have had the same align swash plate for 2 years on my pod and boom, and the one on my scaly is almost 18months old, never an issue
Deet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2012, 07:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet View Post
i have had the same align swash plate for 2 years on my pod and boom, and the one on my scaly is almost 18months old, never an issue
Same on mine. This year will be my third summer since I got my 500 and still using the swash that came with the kit. Around 150 flights on it before converting to FBL and another 250+ since then.
Old 02-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

the rctek i2 swashplate is the only way to go on the 500 imho
Old 02-03-2012, 08:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take no prisoners. If thy swashplate offends thee...cut it off!

http://www.rc-tek.com/us_store/i2rc-...ate-p2286.html
Old 02-04-2012, 07:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I stand corrected. Pulled my swash off tonight and found the ball in it is really sticky. I'm hoping this is the reason I've been getting an intermittent slight shudder to the whole heli when it's in a hover. Guess I'll be swash shopping too.
Old 02-04-2012, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

What about the Helioption swash plate? Anyone have tried it? I can imagine it has a simple race ball bearings unlike the dual race from I2rc. But Helipoption swash has ball bearing joints which I2rc does not, still with the old spherical ball.

http://helidirect.com/helioption-bal...00-p-25174.hdx

Best would have been to mix both worlds... and Microheli has it but, has anyone tried it? The single bearing version has one bad review of a jammed swash to main shaft.

http://helidirect.com/microheli-prec...00-p-21919.hdx
Mateyhv is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

i think i will try one of these from helioption as i already have gone against the norm with the tarot head and zxy gyro might as well go the hole hogg. i will also get there intergrated main shaft block to boot

then i can review for all as the guinea pig.

cheers
Old 02-06-2012, 04:34 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantummodz View Post
i think i will try one of these from helioption as i already have gone against the norm with the tarot head and zxy gyro might as well go the hole hogg. i will also get there intergrated main shaft block to boot

then i can review for all as the guinea pig.

cheers
LOL, I think that swash been a single race bearing would last about the same as the Align but the smooth movement of the upper bearings will be welcome in a flybarless for sure. Some happy servos there. The integrated block is nice, it would be interesting to see if the bearings last longer!
Old 02-08-2012, 10:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

not to state the obvious, but have you used lube on the swash plate. i got a used I@ tail that was supposedly a flawless design and even with brand new bearings it was sticky as hell. after a little triflow.... it was smooth as butter.

Stuff for sale
CF_Machete is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using the align swashplate on the 700 for almost a year without problems.

On the 500,tarot that is,i have a microheli swash and couldn't be happier!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00567.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	287849  

Hitec Aurora9 with telemetry
giorgos_cupra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 06:59 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Search "Helioption" on Heli Direct.
http://helidirect.com/advanced_searc...rds=helioption

Hobby Hut has them also;
http://www.hobbyhut.com/HeliOption_B.../hpat50003.htm
wanderer56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 01:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgos_cupra View Post
I'm using the align swashplate on the 700 for almost a year without problems.

On the 500,tarot that is,i have a microheli swash and couldn't be happier!
I just got an ugly situation when the inner plate of the Tarot swash slipped inside the bearing during a flight... No damage though, landed safely.

Is the Microheli swash dual raced bearing? I have heard Microheli uses soft metal and there is a report of a swash that got inmobilized on the main shaft...
Old 02-09-2012, 01:41 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have seen a couple of Align swash plates come apart. I had a chap push the inner out of one of my early Align models. Once the surfaces were cleaned and a little bearing fit loctite applied the swash was fine forever after.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2012, 01:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy from Sandy View Post
I have seen a couple of Align swash plates come apart. I had a chap push the inner out of one of my early Align models. Once the surfaces were cleaned and a little bearing fit loctite applied the swash was fine forever after.
Good point Andy, thank you! I have some bearing loctite around and would like to save that Tarot swash, bearing is perfect. How can I take the bearing out, throwing it into a freezer?
Old 09-01-2013, 02:00 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Exclamation 2° crash trex 500

I had the same problem like quantummodz two times with two differents align swashplate, the swash bearing was out the case by a good few mm to the point that the link ends where rubbing on the swash lower plate crashing my helicopter (suddenly full left aileron in flight)
I am using tarot 500 fbl head, tarot zyx fbl unit, align swashplate, any ideas? is a tarot500 fbl head dampening issue? quantummodz did you solve it? regards suki
suki is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 08:13 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

After a light crash from less than 3 feet off the ground I found my stock Align swash was also scraping the ball links at the back at the antirotation shaft. So I ordered one of these.

I've also got an ALZRC 450 head I like and currently using this head on the 500.

I guess I mentioning this here because I bought a number of 450 heads that just weren't worth using, including two Tarot heads. So far I'm happy with the ALZRC heads. However, be aware the 500 ALZRC tail shafts aren't good or at least the one I tried was milled about .04 smaller than an Align and wobbled. The main shafts seem OK too but I just purchased a couple Align shafts to swap in and see if I like them better. The milling is correct on the ALZRC main shafts, but I like the chrome plating on the Align.
Spinnerdog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in