Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2011, 01:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
ady
Registered Users

Default does the GT5 have rate mode

hello all , does anyone know if the GT5 can go in to rate mode please , cheers ady
ady is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try set I parts (I-Gain) of control algorithm to 0.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalko View Post
Try set I parts (I-Gain) of control algorithm to 0.
Does that place the tail and cyclic in rate mode, or just the tail ?
It would be nice if you could switch the tail between modes.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2012, 02:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1004ron View Post
Does that place the tail and cyclic in rate mode, or just the tail ?
On tail yes, on cyclic i cannot confirm, because cyclic algorithm is more complicated, but on the bench it seems so. I dont recommend you to try fly rate mode on cyclic ;-) .
I parts for cyclic and tail are independent, then if you want set only tail to rate mode set I part of tail to 0.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1004ron View Post
It would be nice if you could switch the tail between modes.
Why? In last 2 years i needed rate mode on tail only 2 times by solving some problems and in both cases it was not solution and procedure with setting tail I part to 0 was sufficient for me.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2012, 08:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by swalko View Post
On tail yes, on cyclic i cannot confirm, because cyclic algorithm is more complicated, but on the bench it seems so. I dont recommend you to try fly rate mode on cyclic ;-) .
I parts for cyclic and tail are independent, then if you want set only tail to rate mode set I part of tail to 0.

Why? In last 2 years i needed rate mode on tail only 2 times by solving some problems and in both cases it was not solution and procedure with setting tail I part to 0 was sufficient for me.
The fact that so many FBL controllers, and tail gyros, still have the feature available to switch between HH and Rate mode must suggest that theres still many out there that enjoy having this feature available - It's not a deal breaker for me, but I'd like it available.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
Old 01-07-2012, 12:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The G-T5 sure is a handful in rate mode! I did use it to adjust mechanical trim. I think it is still important to have rate mode (white background) to setup the cyclic links and tail to have no drift. This way the gyros don't have to work so hard in hovering type maneuvers. With 3D it probably doesn't matter at all.
rexxigpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2012, 06:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default t-rex 550 with GT5

ady
Quote:
hi there , today i tried another GT5 unit on a brand new t-rex 550 , the heli was kitted out to be 12s using 600e pro running gear , the unit was set up to suit and on the tail was a align DS 650 , well , took off and again i had the super fast wag , went up n down on P & I , yet nothing would stop it , turned D-sense to zero , still wagged , turned up the dead band to 30 and it went , i noted tho on power up , the tail does not punch over like it does when using the 610 on the tail of my 600 pro , tomorrow i will invest in another tail servo for sure cos my luck wih the tail is rubbish , the cyclics on standard setting were brilliant once more , oh , the tail servo horn was on hole 3 out from centre , thanks ady
Quote:
sorted
How did you get it "sorted" ?

Old 01-09-2012, 07:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
ady
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

i pulled the heli apart
Old 01-09-2012, 08:32 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ady View Post
i pulled the heli apart
Never used that approach to dialing in a controller, or resolving a problem with one.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:11 AM   #10 (permalink)
ady
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

its because i`m turning this 550 into a tandem version , thats why i asked about rate mode , on my previous tandem heli`s i have used 401 gyros to assist , but could only use them on rate mode , and i`m gonna try my 550 version with the gt5 , but wasn`t sure how it would react to two swash plates

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in