Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

After a 8min flight (all cells at 3.80v) I only put 890mAh to get to 3.84v (Storage). So I would imagine that 10min flights are not going to be an issue. Of course this is just FF figure eights, pitch pumps, pirouettes, and other non-3d stuff. Very impressed with the X50e. It is extremely fast and manueverable and does exactly what you tell it to do. Very easy to see in the air versus my Mini-Titan e325, and it is only intimidating when you are taking off/landing (still not used to the sheer size and power of this beast up close). Even though the 12s setup is a little more expensive, in return for longer flight times, more power, and less stress on the ESC, Motor, Batteries it seems well worth it. I purchased my Ice2 120hv used for $100, and the 700mx 510 (new take off from an Align 700) for $110. The batteries were another $100 for (2) Turnigy 4000mAh 6s. Overall not to bad and I have plenty of headroom with this setup if I decide to go up another notch to a 700 class heli.

Last edited by ghenders; 10-06-2012 at 05:39 PM.. Reason: mistake in price
ghenders is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2012, 05:41 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Forgot to mention that after the 8min flight, the batteries were just luke warm, the ESC was just slightly warm, and the 700mx you could easily leave your finger on the top of the can for 10+ seconds. Very efficient with this setup. No regrets!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Finally found the link to the version 2 instruction manual for the X50e. This has the corrected lengths for the main shaft and other measurements. The file you need to download (using Google Chrome) is 4757 man JK0247V2.pdf

http://www.tiger.com.tw/manual/1__3__5.html
Old 10-09-2012, 02:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Wow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghenders View Post
Forgot to mention that after the 8min flight, the batteries were just luke warm, the ESC was just slightly warm, and the 700mx you could easily leave your finger on the top of the can for 10+ seconds. Very efficient with this setup. No regrets!
Please keep the updates coming! Having 8 minute flights for me and my flying style right now would be simply Awesome. Thank You for that link and I'll have to check it out later today.

How was your Rx Lipo? Just looking to get an idea on what would be the smallest Lipo I could run but still have a decent 'buffer' of power for the electronic's. I'm just not sold on the whole BEC thing and my soldering skills are a work in progress, laughs.

I'll buy the electronic's one at a time and as my paycheck allows.
Old 10-09-2012, 06:38 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

R3L72
I am running a 3s 2200mAh Lipo from my Mini-Titan as the Rx pack. This supplies more then enough power for 5+ flights. I am regulating it thru a CC BEC Pro @ 6v. Balance wise with this Lipo on the top of the front plastic tray and using (2) 6s 4000mAh lipos it is perfectly balanced.
Old 10-09-2012, 07:42 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghenders View Post
R3L72
I am running a 3s 2200mAh Lipo from my Mini-Titan as the Rx pack. This supplies more then enough power for 5+ flights. I am regulating it thru a CC BEC Pro @ 6v. Balance wise with this Lipo on the top of the front plastic tray and using (2) 6s 4000mAh lipos it is perfectly balanced.
Thank You for the information! So it looks like I'd have to do the BEC thing afterall but I'll get it done when it comes time. Having 8 minute flight times with cool electronic's has me sold. Then again, so does the look of the whole kit.

Once I'm back Stateside, I'll be selling off a lot of my Heli Fleet to get everything I need for the X50e. Piece by piece and things like the aluminum bearing blocks and spares are what I'm getting now. In the meantime, I'll read what other X50e pilots/builders suggest. Like with raptorz499 X50e build, an 8S build may also be a less pricey option for me but again, I like that 8 minute flight time too.

I guess this kit is fairly new. Though I probably wouldn't be getting the X50e if the 500/550 kit looked similar. The larger the Heli size, the more complex and expensive it gets, unfortunately. Though with the positive flight reviews and video's I've seen, I'm sold on it.

So for me, it's one step at a time.

Last edited by R3L72; 10-09-2012 at 07:43 AM.. Reason: Word Correcting...
R3L72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2012, 11:34 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run the Bec pro from _one_ of the 6S packs in my X50's and it works just fine.

If you want the extra security I would go with the Scorpion Backupguard, no hassle with charging and still gives power if you have a bec-failure.
Langelus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in