Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2011, 01:49 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

That looks correct. You will only need the Xtreme replacement inner shaft, which can be ordered separately if you want. I am going to post a few pics here of the Skytec parts installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Skytec  Rotor Assembly 001.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	200707 Click image for larger version

Name:	Skytec  Rotor Assembly 003.jpg
Views:	299
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	200708 Click image for larger version

Name:	Skytec  Rotor Assembly 2.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	200709 Click image for larger version

Name:	Skytec  Rotor Assembly 3.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	200710 Click image for larger version

Name:	Skytec  Rotor Assembly 4.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	200711 Click image for larger version

Name:	Skytec  Rotor Assembly 5.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	200712 Click image for larger version

Name:	Skytec  Rotor Assembly 002.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	43.2 KB
ID:	200713
whirlydude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 09:09 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK....I ordered the Skytec parts and an Xtreme inner shaft.

My canopy is pretty trashed. Any suggesttions on the best place to get another one or even a cool upgrade?
OcalaGary is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-15-2011, 04:52 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcalaGary View Post

My canopy is pretty trashed. Any suggesttions on the best place to get another one or even a cool upgrade?

With a little modification you can use a Blade 400 canopy... Oh, and the skids!

Pic attached.

Ciao,

Stenz28
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Walkera400.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	30.1 KB
ID:	201631   Click image for larger version

Name:	Walkera4001.jpg
Views:	246
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	201632  
Old 01-15-2011, 06:33 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenz28 View Post
With a little modification you can use a Blade 400 canopy... Oh, and the skids!

Pic attached.

Ciao,

Stenz28
Nice lookin 400 Will
Old 01-15-2011, 06:42 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Gary, your going to like the Skytec upgrades! RTF Heli has got the stock canopies at $6, or you can check these out. (kind of spendy!)

http://www.modefosheli.com/custom_canopies

Here's another site:

http://www.helihobby.com/html/canopy_mini.html
Old 01-16-2011, 09:41 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Skytec Parts

Gents,

I have exhausted myself looking for an American supplier of Skytec parts. I have a blade CX3/Lama hybrid (Blade frame). Any ideas on where I could find these awesome parts domestically?
Tim2Go is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-17-2011, 09:26 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim2Go View Post
Gents,

I have exhausted myself looking for an American supplier of Skytec parts. I have a blade CX3/Lama hybrid (Blade frame). Any ideas on where I could find these awesome parts domestically?
Here is a link for Skytec parts: http://helideluxe2010.ecrater.com. Go to categories for parts for different helis, and if you have any questions you can contact him here: helideluxe2010@yahoo.com He should be able to get you whats available for Skytec parts.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Couple pics of both my 400's doing some winter flying.

Name:	DSCN1255.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	203317 Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1235.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	203316

Post some pics of your 400's!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have ordered all the parts. Skytec stuff arrived in a couple of days....but I'm still waiting on the inner shaft from Miracle Mart (Hong Kong)
Old 01-26-2011, 11:19 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have ordered all the parts. Skytec stuff arrived in a couple of days....but I'm still waiting on the inner shaft from Miracle Mart (Hong Kong)
When you get that baby upgraded, and flying, post some pics!
Old 02-15-2011, 12:55 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally got the Xtreme upper rotor head, and the stock lower rotor head modded to work with the Skytec blade grips. I originally was going to use a feathering shaft for the pegs in the upper rotor head, so in the pic you will see a hole drilled through the head perpendicular to the pegs. This did not work, because I believe the twist of the head for the flybar was not correct. So what I ended up doing was to drill and tap the head where the pins originally were installed. I had to grind a little off the surface where the pegs threaded into the head for everything to fit into the blade holder. I also did the same to the lower rotor head. By using the Xtreme head I kept the +15mm distance between the rotor blades without changing any of the pushrods. (much quicker & easier mod) So if you want to get rid of the annoying Walkera blade holders, and their tiny pins, this may be the way to go. You might want to have an extra extended head, just in case something goes wrong. I guess one could always use the stock inner shaft if a problem did arise. Anyway, after installing the new Skytec blade holders the 400 is stable, and flying nicely. What is needed to do this mod is (2) Skytec blades holders, (4) 3mm Skytec rotor head pegs, a drill, M3 tap, and small grinder or dremel. I used the shorter ball stems in the lower blade holder, and (1) 3mm ball stem in the upper blade holder.

Randy

Name:	Xteme head mod 01.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	208408 Click image for larger version

Name:	lower head mod.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	42.6 KB
ID:	208409 Click image for larger version

Name:	Lama 400D mod.jpg
Views:	428
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	208410
Old 02-16-2011, 11:54 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I received my Skytec parts promptly...but am still awaiting the Xtreme inner shaft from HK. They are blaming the delay on bad weather...I placed the order on Jan 15.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:35 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I received my Skytec parts promptly...but am still awaiting the Xtreme inner shaft from HK. They are blaming the delay on bad weather...I placed the order on Jan 15.
I have heard some people mention something about a Chinese New Year going on. Sounds like everything slows down during that event, and I don't know how long it lasts.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:10 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all, I had to post somthing here. New to Heli Freak. I flew my LAMA400 converted to 400D & Walkera 5#10 all day inside because of rain. I have a 1200mah, 1500 that it comes with, 1550Gens 25c, 1800mah Blue Lipo and a 2200 from my Erazor. Have you found what size batt you like best. I put an extened shaft I got from RTF Heli and it vibrated bad. The problem was stupid, it was the link from the flybar to the blade holder wasn't adj right. I use the skids from a Erazor 450 and they work better than the superskids that broke the first landing. They'er $3 to $4 from Xheli. Well thats all I can think of 400d.
barnstorm100 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2011, 05:24 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnstorm100 View Post
Hi all, I had to post somthing here. New to Heli Freak. I flew my LAMA400 converted to 400D & Walkera 5#10 all day inside because of rain. I have a 1200mah, 1500 that it comes with, 1550Gens 25c, 1800mah Blue Lipo and a 2200 from my Erazor. Have you found what size batt you like best. I put an extened shaft I got from RTF Heli and it vibrated bad. The problem was stupid, it was the link from the flybar to the blade holder wasn't adj right. I use the skids from a Erazor 450 and they work better than the superskids that broke the first landing. They'er $3 to $4 from Xheli. Well thats all I can think of 400d.
Hey, it's good to see another 400 owner on here! I have been using a couple of 1500mAh, besides the stock battery, which are a little longer than the stock, but thinner. I also have three 1600mAh packs, and I just picked up a couple of new 1550mAh 30C packs. They are all, except for the 2 about the same size as the stock battery. The 2 longer batteries still fit through the battery tray door, but I have flipped the door over, so the battery stop is sticking down, which allows me to use the longer packs without hitting the stop. There are guys that are using 2200mAh, and that have cut the front of the battery tray stop off, and also the back stop on the door off, so the battery pack can be loaded from the front of the heli. These bigger battery packs also gives them more weight in the nose for better outdoor flying. I have removed half of the tail weight in the boom of my brushless 400 to achieve the CG that I prefer for outdoor flying. On my brushed 400 the CG is a touch nose heavy without removing any weight, and also flies nicely outdoors. I am still using the stock skids, but have had to replace a couple from hard landings. All in all, I think these 400's are pretty well built, and I sure like the way they fly!
Old 02-21-2011, 06:19 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've about given up on waiting for my inner shaft from Miracle Mart in HK. The one RTF carries appears to be identical...plus Dane ships a lot faster. If/wnen the HK one turns up, my co-worker could really use it.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:41 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I've about given up on waiting for my inner shaft from Miracle Mart in HK. The one RTF carries appears to be identical...plus Dane ships a lot faster. If/wnen the HK one turns up, my co-worker could really use it.
RTF appears to carry the Airy extended inner shaft. I have heard from a couple different people that have used them, and they have said the shafts are slightly larger diameter than the stock bearings. They said one needs to use some emery cloth, or fine sandpaper on the shafts, so they will slide through the bearings. It doesn't take a whole lot of sanding, but just enough so they fit through. One person stated that he thought the Airy shafts looked a little more beefier than the Xtreme shafts. I have a couple of Xtreme shafts, and have had no problems with them at all.
Old 02-21-2011, 01:08 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is a picture of the Xtreme extended head along side of the Walkera stock upper rotor head. Notice the difference from where the bottom of the heads would sit on the bearing. That is the distance one would gain between the upper and lower rotor blades using the extended head. This added distance helps in the prevention of blade strikes between the upper and lower blades flexing.

Name:	lama 400 upper rotor head assembly 004.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	209784
Old 02-26-2011, 07:46 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got the Xtreme shaft from HK and installed that along with skytec parts and some new Walkera blades.

I gave it a quick test hop yesterday but it was a little gusty....trims seem close though.

I'll post some pictures next time it goes up.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:13 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default pre-flight check

I don't know how many of you guys do a pre-flight check of your heli before flying, but it's a good idea. I used to do this all the time when flying cp helis, so it's sort of habit now with any heli I fly. Checking to see if all the ball links are secure, and everything is moving freely on the rotor head assembly. If you guys haven't check the screws for a while it wouldn't hurt just to go through everything to make sure they are snug. One don't have to try to tighten them, just check to see if they are snug.
Ball stem screws, lower rotor head mounting screws, and the set screws in both gears would be the most important. Recently I noticed one of the screws that hold the boom support rods on the frame was very loose, which was to the point of almost falling out. This brings me to another suggestion about boom support rods. How many of you guys CA the mounting ends to the boom support rods? That was one of the first things I did upon receiving my 400's. I believe it helps absorb some of the vibration going to the tail. I have had a couple of occasions where the mounting ends have worked themselves loose even after applying CA. I may not have applied enough CA, but it makes me believe that by working themselves loose there is vibration causing this to happen. I know the tail doesn't have as much vibration as a cp heli with the belt running through the boom to drive a tail rotor blade, but there is still a certain amount of vibration on the boom of a coaxial. With the mounting screw working loose that attaches the boom support rods to the frame, and the mounting ends on the boom support rod ends working loose confirms that there is vibration at the boom. So I believe that by gluing the support rod mounting ends to the rods, so they cannot separate, and keeping everything tight will help absorb some of the vibration to the boom.
This is just my take on it, which really wouldn't hurt by doing it - only help!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in