Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Others

Others Walkera Other Models Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 10:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedracer g37 View Post
Ordered the carbon fiber frame from wowhobbies.
I hope you don't crash alot that too much money for me. You should probably buy the 4F200 screw set because the only way to get screws is to buy a whole frame. Make sure you use thread lock on screws they tend to vibrate out.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2012, 08:47 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok guys I bought a motor for 4F180 for $11.30+ its the same motor in v200 but more than half the price. The motor has same specs & # WS-21-002. I got the motor from Miracle-Mart which they sent me a $7 coupon for purchases over $30 so I can use this coupon for 5 different orders.
Old 06-07-2012, 05:43 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Ok guys I bought a motor for 4F180 for $11.30+ its the same motor in v200 but more than half the price. The motor has same specs & # WS-21-002. I got the motor from Miracle-Mart which they sent me a $7 coupon for purchases over $30 so I can use this coupon for 5 different orders.
Great job! Eventhough its the same motor, sure is nice to get a deal on it!
bvento is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2012, 08:21 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Ok guys I bought a motor for 4F180 for $11.30+ its the same motor in v200 but more than half the price..
I just bought 2 myself. One for the 4F200 and a spare.
Benvk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2012, 09:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hay guys I just tried some 205mm $2 woodies from hobbycool they seem to work great on lift but need to test in FFF & hard banked turns.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:16 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am still after night blades lol I have my Airwolf fuselage ordered and will have soon can't wait
Hamper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2012, 12:16 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benvk View Post
I just bought 2 myself. One for the 4F200 and a spare.
That motor went down to $6.50 an sold out. I still have one in pack.
Old 06-22-2012, 06:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamper View Post
Airwolf fuselage ordered and will have soon can't wait
Which one are you getting and where from?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:41 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sry took me so long been busy I got mine from here

http://www.scaleflying.com/Bell-222-...uct_p_777.html
Hamper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2012, 08:39 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

anyone think that tail gears from another heli might work in this one?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
anyone think that tail gears from another heli might work in this one?
Nope! I really never thought of using other gears.Usually if I strip a gear its the main gear only. Miracle-Mart has the 4F180 motors in stock for $6.80 but they only let you get one. Same motors as v200D03 but different gear so I just got a gear puller which makes it easy to switch gear press fit with a little threadlock.
Old 06-29-2012, 11:44 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I was flying the heli it seemed like it would be the main gear and tail gear that touches the main gear would both strip, most times without there begin a crash. I don't think I ever crashed the helicopter, except it crashed itself from something not working properly. I loved the heli but hate that I had so many issues with it. Still debating on keeping it, but just might.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by inner3 View Post
When I was flying the heli it seemed like it would be the main gear and tail gear that touches the main gear would both strip, most times without there begin a crash. I don't think I ever crashed the helicopter, except it crashed itself from something not working properly. I loved the heli but hate that I had so many issues with it. Still debating on keeping it, but just might.
I was having problem with # 2 but it was a minor problem the plug from battery got stuck in front elev servo causing it to tip over on take off. So when I fixed the problem testing I didn't push plug all the way in which made act funny once I realized what the problem was everything is back to normal. It was flying so good at first even with a bend tail boom which after servo incident I changed to a new boom with same drive shaft gears just needed a new main gear. So both of mine are flying great but now I have a new V120D02S. Hay Miracle-Mart had real good sell on parts 3 pack of servos for $9 & tail servo was under $3 but are out of stock but waiting on them to restock usually they only let you buy 1 item per order. p.s On #1 I use some $2 woodies 205mm there almost the same size width & lenght but thinner on root. I use my orings from feathering shaft to act as a shim.
Old 06-29-2012, 04:37 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been flying my 4F200 with the 002 motor, 3S battery, V200 head and esky honey bee CT blades. Very smooth!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benvk View Post
Been flying my 4F200 with the 002 motor, 3S battery, V200 head and esky honey bee CT blades. Very smooth!
So you saw what I posted about the prices at MM. Just hit the stock alert button for the 4F200, v200D03 or 4F180. The ESC is $9 which cost usually $30+ or more. Just bought another motor for $6.80 just to have on hand since I have 2 V200. You switcheched to 2 blades I know the 002 motor is stronger than 004. Good to here everything worked out for you.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:40 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by andione1983 View Post
Here is my Predicament..
first Motor failure... Walkera V200D03, 30 ft up in the air.. crunch.. grind, etc.. lucjily motor pinion lost contact with main gear, and sort of Auto rotated , and i guided it safely to the ground with no other visible damage at this stage.. fell onto its side, but landed upright.. and blades had stopped spinning by the time it hit the grass.. so no gears stripped etc... but yeah now to replace it with a better motor than a walkera.. ( its crappy..)
Yes, i recently had a motor failure like that on my 4f200. The cause is the loss of the E-Clip or E-ring that locks the bearings in place on the shaft. Instead of replacing mine i repaired it in a way that will not shoot the clip off again.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...p#post22037561

I ordered a Turbo Ace 352 motor as a 2s replacement (5200kv) only to find out that the stock 4f200 motor (labeled 3900kv) is actually nearly a 6000kv motor at 2S. So the turbo ace 352 motor fell just short of head speed by about 200rpm. (just estimating with phone tachometer). My next motor will be a 2s Viper 5600kv motor. I have some pinion replacement options on order from Holland to try and get the head speed up on the TA 352 motor. But the Viper motor so far looks like the most promising 2s motor to get back to 4000+ rpm on head speed on the 4f200 without using the stock motor at 2s.... I know this is a v200 thread, i just thought some of this info would be useful here also. I'm pretty sure if the WK-004 motor is labeled way under it's actual KV rating, so is the 002 motor. In reality, no matter what anyone thinks of these walkera motors. The 004 for a 2s motor is actually a little beast. It runs WAY too hot though. I can't really speak about the 002 motor at 3S. I was going to upgrade my 4f200 to 3s with this motor. But if it's not giving 4400 rpms with only 2 blades on the rotor at 100% throttle, i don't see a reason for using a 3s pack when the 4f200 is clipping that with 2s on a 3 blade rotor head. The only possible difference might be the torque behind it? Anyway if i do go 3s on one of these air frames it's not going to be the stock motor.

Turbo Ace 352 motor comparison in my 4f200 build log:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post22104539

And just FYI you can order pinions of different sizes and shaft diameters here:
http://www.shop.kkpmo.com/index.php/...2fe68649585cf1

You have to get them to invoice you through paypal though. For some reason their paypal has international issues. I'm sure if you email them for a 1.7mm diameter shaft they can make one up too.
Integrity Handywork is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 08:32 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone found a way to keep the main gear from stripping without just not crashing? I am unable to keep from crashing . I sorted out a slipper clutch for the tail but have been unable to find any way to keep the main gear going. I tried a wood pin on the rotor head and it was too weak and carbon fiber was too strong.

Thanks
Moto
MX48 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
Has anyone found a way to keep the main gear from stripping without just not crashing? I am unable to keep from crashing . I sorted out a slipper clutch for the tail but have been unable to find any way to keep the main gear going. I tried a wood pin on the rotor head and it was too weak and carbon fiber was too strong.

Thanks
Moto
I never have problems with main gear stripping without a crash. Maybe your motor gear shaft wobbles an E clip is missing.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:14 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't word that very well, I am crashing. Just looking for a way to avoid stripping it in a crash.

Moto
MX48 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 11:50 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX48 View Post
I didn't word that very well, I am crashing. Just looking for a way to avoid stripping it in a crash.

Moto
You can't the force of the crash will leave some damage I would be better to strip main gear than damage some where else

Tags
v200d03, walkera

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in