Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > International Helicopter Support Forums > Netherlands/Belgium/South Africa

Netherlands/Belgium/South Africa Netherlands/Belgium/South Africa speaking Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2013, 08:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Model Heli South Africa - Fun Flies

This is posted from Avcom as I'm not sure who frequents which site.

As some may know I've very recently gotten involved with MHSA , the helicopter special interest group under SAMAA. My role for 2013 is to organise and promote heli fun flies around SA, with a focus on the regions where I can get support and numbers. For certain events I'd like to host the fun flies on the competition weekends (F3C, 3D, Speed, Scale) at the same venues - e.g. fun fly Saturday, comp Sunday. At other times I'd just like to arrange less structured and less formal get togethers. The focus is on growing the hobby and getting more people interested. Another objective is to help the guys who are park flying or beginners to get more involved if they want to. Finally, I want to promote R/C heli flying at the clubs and support the various heli communities.

So the MHSA Fun Fly objectives for 2013 are:
1) Promote R/C heli flying locally (club), regionally and nationally through events.
2) Help the new comers and park flyers get more involved (if they want to) and help them find support (if they need it).
3) Promote and support R/C heli communities at the club level.

So why am I telling you this?

- I need to know what's important to you as heli pilots - what events do you want to attend; what activities do you want to participate in; how do we help you get involved and enjoy your hobby more?
- I need to know when you want events to be hosted - which times of the year are best and do you want fun flies to coinside with competitions?
- How far are you willing to travel for a local, regional or national event?
- For those of you at clubs, are your clubs heli friendly and would they be willing to host events to showcase their club and promote membership?
- For those of you flying off public or private land, what would you like from Fun Fly events and what support do you need?
- For everyone, what activities, games, themes, etc. do you want to see at a Fun Fly?

Finally, I'm going to need help and contacts in the various regions. So if you are willing to give up a bit of your time to help arrange events please send me your details.

Feel free to post here - I'm keen to have a discussion and see what people think.
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2013, 08:42 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

There's the link to the Avcom discussion:

http://www.avcom.co.za/phpBB3/viewto...?f=16&t=111021
thefrog is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, thanks for the info! I will go through it.
Futaba 8FG Super
cmouton is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2013, 03:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default good to hear!

Dankie, sal dit deurgaan op avcom
Randmental is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in