Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Synergy Model Helicopters

Synergy Model Helicopters Synergy Model Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2009, 10:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Givin it up. Soo sad.

I wont make this a long story . I finally got my synergy all tuned in and after a few hours of dial indication and hyper upgrades had gotten the tail to quit wagging.
I was sooooooo happy. Well I pull it up into a hover (about 1650-1700 head speed) and I hear a large explosion and watch my synergy disintegrate in mid air. I stood there in shock as i just realized that one of the main blades just went flying by my head.
Low and behold....... I read about this happenning before, one of the blade grips had failed and cracked.
For all the "rocket scientists" out there, no the grips were not to tight and NO there was no excessive vibration coming from anywhere.
To make a long story short, I cant look at anything the same way again when its tried to kill me once. L.o.l.
Well its all taken with a grain of salt and I was very proud to have been an owner of a very unique machine.
NOT ANYMORE! Sorry I wasted the money on something with such a small problem that led to a very expensive disintegration.

In all fairness, Im sure its a great heli and flies beaautifully, but for the price of another brand (run of the mill) 700 or replacing all the parts..........Im gonna opt for run of the mill.
Hope everyone else has fun with their synergies. And most of all..........I hope it doesnt get angry enough at you to try to take your life like mine did.(L.O.L.)
PEACE! And happy flyin.
( just incase your wondering, Parts that were destroyed? 3 8717hvs,os 91hz ps,hatori pipe, spartan gyro, 8717 throttle servo, 8900g tail, 7100 spectrum rec., hyper this and hyper that.............What the f@#$ .......... its just money rt?)
jondabear is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-26-2009, 07:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just curious, as to what upgrades you were using ? At the top of the upgrade list should have been the SE metal grips or Hyperformance grips. I would never dream of flying any 90 size machine without metal main blade grips. This is why the current N9 model is now sold with metal grips.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Before I bought my synergy I contemplated using the plastic grips and then decided not to because of horror stories from many other brands having failures. I'm pretty cheap as well when it comes to my heli's and will fly ugly, cracked canopies. However when it comes to an almost 5 foot disc spinning around 2000 rpm's and relying on the strength of plastic to keep it together I'll readily pay the $120.00 to keep those blades from doing whatever they're going to do ( use your imagination, the mayhem is limitless) when the plastic grips fail. That sucks about your heli. The synergy is a nice machine and very fun to fly. In the future you may want to opt for the cheaper 8717's vs. "the great value" Hv's which in all honesty ate up about the same amount of money it would have cost to acquire the after market grips whe you combine the cost difference between the two servos. You can buy a set of three for around $350. Good luck with your next bird.
Entityofme1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2009, 02:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yeppers ......shouldve waited for the se.
Old 06-29-2009, 11:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had the metal grips before my first kit arrived.

I have a set of plastic grips if you want them, never used.
Helico-pteron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 07-05-2009, 02:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a friend (expert heli pilot) who bought an N9, put it together and, on the first hover, it disintegrated. He put it back together and, on the first hover, it disintegrated again. He tossed it and has been happily flying T-Rex 700's ever since.

I also have friends who have both a 700 and an N9, and they have shown me (literally) stacks of stripped main gears from the 700 as well as torque tubes that were sheared in two, etc. These same people have flown their N9's literally hundreds of times without a single failure of any kind. Of course these birds have hyper everything.

After flying a T-Rex 500 for about eight months, I bought an N9. The thing flies like a dream. After putting maybe two or three gallons of fuel through it, I flew a T-Rex 700 for the first time. Oh my goodness! I thought I was going to crash it. Talk about horrible tracking. But I'm not an expert pilot by any means.
SoftwareDrone is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2009, 05:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

now I got both. Im gonna slowly buy a piece at a time for my synergy with the metal grips at the top of the list. Itll probably be this years xmas present to myself. Next years is my preordered HEINSELEIT RIGID>

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in