Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Bottom line:

1. Get a DX6i or better Spektrum DSMX computer radio so that it can be easily programmed and will work correctly with the AR7200BX.

2. Get very familiar flying the mCP-x before attempting to fly the 300X or larger heli. It will be far less expensive in the long run and the mCP-x is more durable while training.

3. Get an experienced heli friend or find a club to get to so that you have help as these become more complex as you go up in size and you will have better chance of success with flying the larger birds. Make sure you get your AMA# so that you can go to these fields and be allowed to fly.

4. The 300X is what the SR was supposed to be...so yes it's a great heli.

5. The 450X is also a great heli but you need room to fly it, again to fly this one you will be best served by getting into a club with a flying field.

Hope that helps and happy flying!
I did exactly this, and have been successful with it...I like my 300, and next year I hope to pick up the 550 pro. Keep flying the mcpx as much as you can in between the 300. It's nice to practice new things on the smaller bird. Better on the wallet

Nano bl, Mcpx bl, 300x

Sent from my IPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2012, 10:29 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyby2.4 View Post
I have both 300x and 450x. I agree with Tom by the time you get carbon blades and aluminum head block wich is a must if you really want fly it . Then you probably want a little better motor for power. When your done you basically got small 450x. The 450x comes like that out of the box and the frame strength and design is better than the 300 x. I say go with the 450x. Flying space to fly these helies doesn't really seeme to much difference in my opinion.
Happy flying
I hope people notice that this is his first 'big' heli. There is absolutely no need to upgrade anything for a new flyer, since the original stuff will probably get broken earlier in. Likewise for a 450 x, so IMHO, you do save $100 or more right off the bat.

My 300X is still going great guns with no upgrades. No crashes though.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 10:53 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

You know, with all this 450X discussion I'm going to have to get one too so that I can see the difference between the two helis directly and be able to talk about this intelligently. You guys talk me into more things...

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 11:33 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You know, with all this 450X discussion I'm going to have to get one too so that I can see the difference between the two helis directly and be able to talk about this intelligently. You guys talk me into more things...

Go for it! Right now there are good prices on them. I have time off for the holidays and going crazy waiting for mine to arrive..in fact I think I will email/call to make sure it has been shipped. On another thread they are talking about good deals on the align version, but I still went with the 450x because the BX computer has proven itself to me and I have heard some negative reports on the Align version.

Speaking of the BX computer....my area got hit with tornado's Christmas evening and came within a couple of miles of my house. Overturned cars and other large objects, damaged drug stores, etc. Well I waited till the aftermath, where the rain had stopped but the winds were still kicking. Didn't try to fly but did do some hovering to see how well the BX could compensate for the gusts. Other than having to manage collective for altitude and slight drift the 300 did great! Took her up about 35feet and still no problems and had plenty of power when needed to adjust for the gusts. So even if the 450 turns out to be just as good I will hang on to my 300 as it has proven to be a great flyer that can handle all sorts of bad wx..

Retired: Hirobo Shuttle .28, Kalt Barron .61, LM 110, Corona 120
Fletchb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 11:59 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I already have an Align 450 but that is for a scale project anyway. The BX has worked well for me too but I do need to get more proficient in setting it up. I prefer being able to USB/computer connect three axis gyros or components so that I can get confirmation of setup but the BX is fairly simple to work with but takes practice going through the menus. I think it's a good idea then to get one! Got to save up for the 500X and 550X pro then too.

Old 12-27-2012, 04:57 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletchb1 View Post
On another thread they are talking about good deals on the align version, but I still went with the 450x because the BX computer has proven itself to me and I have heard some negative reports on the Align version.
I'm thinking of my next step too...

No reason you can't use a BX on an Align (based) heli.. they sell them without the 3gx so you can use whatever system you want.

I'm tending toward building a 500 with HC3SX.... I can't see the point in basing it on a Blade model.... Align looks cheaper in general with greater parts variety.
xpantz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2012, 09:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I already have an Align 450 but that is for a scale project anyway. The BX has worked well for me too but I do need to get more proficient in setting it up. I prefer being able to USB/computer connect three axis gyros or components so that I can get confirmation of setup but the BX is fairly simple to work with but takes practice going through the menus. I think it's a good idea then to get one! Got to save up for the 500X and 550X pro then too.
Yea I wish you could do everything via USB...hard to see those tiny lights upside down, but at least it seems reliable. So what is your opinion of the the Aligns version?

I have read mixed reports on Align so hard for me to judge them. flybar models always seem to be good reports...but the FBL models seemed mixed on both the computer and the head itself. For all I know this could but nothig but hype. So how would you compare blade/bx to the align versions?

Old 12-27-2012, 11:53 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to say that there is a certain quality feel to the build on a CF framed Align. Their frame design is very rigid which promotes a good base for precise alignments of components and typically smooth and consistent operation. I still have to program the FBL unit and I'm not going with an Align 3GX system so I cannot comment on it specifically but from others with experience with that system have stated that it's easy enough to program especially with the USB cable. If I program one, I'll let you know what I think of it.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:43 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Yea I wish you could do everything via USB...hard to see those tiny lights upside down, but at least it seems reliable. So what is your opinion of the the Aligns version?

I have read mixed reports on Align so hard for me to judge them. flybar models always seem to be good reports...but the FBL models seemed mixed on both the computer and the head itself. For all I know this could but nothig but hype. So how would you compare blade/bx to the align versions?
I think it's the DFC head some say to avoid... and if you use a different 3D system then no problem.
xpantz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 02:46 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have to say that there is a certain quality feel to the build on a CF framed Align. Their frame design is very rigid which promotes a good base for precise alignments of components and typically smooth and consistent operation. I still have to program the FBL unit and I'm not going with an Align 3GX system so I cannot comment on it specifically but from others with experience with that system have stated that it's easy enough to program especially with the USB cable. If I program one, I'll let you know what I think of it.

Thanks..that will be good info in case I wish to expand in the future. I have seen "fake" aligns on rcgroups for incrediably cheap prices...almost too good to be true. It seems fishy but a few swear they are legit,.

Old 12-30-2012, 02:48 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpantz View Post
I think it's the DFC head some say to avoid... and if you use a different 3D system then no problem.

Yes you are right ...it was the DFC that I saw the complaints about .

Old 12-30-2012, 10:24 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks..that will be good info in case I wish to expand in the future. I have seen "fake" aligns on rcgroups for incrediably cheap prices...almost too good to be true. It seems fishy but a few swear they are legit,.
I can say that there probably are "possibly" some good quality clones but I do not have direct experience nor have I had good experience with cheap helicopters in general. I strictly have experience with Align and Blade mainly but have a 500 sized Gaui that I'm just working on now and have helped with an SAB Goblin 700 assembly and troubleshooting for a friend that has one. The new Pro Series of Blade has made me sit up and notice due to the CF frame and I will be seriously looking at those to see what it is able to do compared to the others that I've seen in person. Just some of my observations.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in