Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2012, 10:33 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pay the shipping and send it to them for repair. They will be able to tell if it has issues or if it was legit either way I have learned on the little helis getting it done right is best.

Just my 2 cents
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

For removing the conformal coating, I use the both solder iron and hot air solder station.
I set the hot air to just below the solder melting point. So it will heat up the conformal
coating, make it easy to peel off. Then I use the very fin tip solder iron (Weller with ETS
tip) to remove the coating. The hot air can blow away the removed coating as well.
It used to take me at least half hour to remove the coating, using only the solder iron
tip. Now using both hot air and the tip is much faster.
MCPX stock DIY firmware (Experimental)
coredump is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2012, 04:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks folks for all your help. user "4712" has offered me to send him my board so he can try to re-solder it. I am very grateful for that and since he also lives in Germany it makes the logistics so much easier.

I love this forum and the people in it - thanks again.

Old 10-22-2012, 05:10 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK folks - I wanted to take a minute to bring this thread to a conlusion.
I'd like to thank you all once again for your support - especailly user "4712" with whom I have had a nice PM-conversation.
I was about to send him my board for resoldering, when I damaged it even more during the dis-assembly.
I damaged one of the servo plugs and ripped a second one completely off the board.

I have now decided to get myself an entirely new Nano and use the current one as a source for spares.

Thanks again to all of you "heli-maniacs".

Have a great day
Ruediger

PS: the "lesson-learned" for me is: When you unplug one of the servos from the board, make sure you fix the servo plug (e.g. with a little screwdriver or a finger-nail), or there is a relatively good chance that you rip it off the board.
Old 10-26-2012, 08:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default nano binding

hey all, out of 3 nano's ... all 3 now have binding issues... when you squeze the rx chip they all bind... whats with that? is this a manufacturer defect?
yes i crashed it many times.. but c'mon....
elheffay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 08:35 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default nano

another 3 mother boards that dont bind... brutal
elheffay is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

are you telling me that you got yourself 3 Nanos, ey?
Old 10-27-2012, 11:41 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey elheffay, did you do that special Nano binding trick with the rudder stick to the right at all?
Old 10-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My motor started randomly cutting out, now it won't bind.

I've only had it about a week(20 or so flights). Called HH yesterday, told 'em about the issues, they just needed a pic of the heli and receipt.

They are sending out a new motor and board. Hopefully they last longer than a week...
HeliTripp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2012, 10:03 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unfortunately I can join this club now.

2 weeks ago I went flying my 130X and mCPXs on a nice large soccer field, and to keep a buddy entertained I thought he could have some fun with the nano (he has no heli experience). During the 3rd lipo and after many a crash (on soft grass) the motor stopped working and it wouldn't rebind.

Every time I tried it after that I had to rebind it first, which worked on the 1st try (DX7s says "binding" and then it works). Then the nano ran fine for a few seconds, when all of a sudden the small light on the board went out, and the motor stopped. The servos continued making their noise, but did not respond to TX control.

After re-plugging the lipo I wasn't able to rebind at all. At those times the DX7S said "binding" for a few seconds, then it changes to "transmitting" and then it loaded the nano setting, while the small light on the nano kept blinking fast, and it wouldn't respond to any inputs.

I can do this 5 or 10 times without success. When I let it rest for a few hours it starts at the beginning: the nano binds on first try, works fine for a few seconds, then the light goes out and the motor stops. At this point it won't bind for hours. And so forth.

I already have a new motor, because at first I thought it was just a bad motor. I read somewhere on HF that it's less forgiving when one is late on TH, and the friend who flew it was most likely late on TH more often than not.
I haven't replaced the motor though, because after some more testing it the problem appears to lie elsewhere. Still I attached the new motor externally instead of the original just to see if it makes a difference, which it does not.

Update: I'll ask the guys from the online shop I bought it from, they are awesome (there's no local HH branch). In the worst case I'll either buy a new board or maybe new nano with old one for spare parts... with the way I treated it, or had it treated, I'd not be surprised at this "casualty".
boli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 04:07 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Boli,

I guess you tried the binding "trick" with holding the rudder stick to the right during the binding process - right ? If not that would be worth a try.

I could not fix my board and when I dis-assembled it, I even broke off two of the Servo Plugs - so it is now in the trash.

I bought a second Nano last week and will keep the first one as a spare. For my second Nano I did this protective mod that was suggested in the other thread - not sure if you've seen it. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=463806

The board now is securely packed inside the canopy. Of course you can never be sure if it really helps, but I feel much more relaxed now. Does not cost a fortune and is easy to do - definitely worth trying.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

+2 here.

Two nano main boards with same symptoms, intermittent LED and I can't rebind. The first one was replaced by the store, will be swinging by there tomorrow to see what can be done.

Also had two stuffed motors. First one cut out mid flight. The replacement was low on power and often needed a bit of a poke to get it spinning.
sosman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2012, 10:33 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlharv View Post
No need to try to "sneak" anything. Call Horizon and tell them exactly what happened and ask them what they suggest you do about it. If they say you need to pay for a new board, you accept that as a result of dunking it. If they give it to you for free, even better. Either way, you have a clear conscience that you did not deceive them to get it.
This just happened to mine.. Dumped it straight into the street coming out of a loop..

I call HH and was honest about my beating of the bird (like they dont know already) and they sent me out a new board.
The one thing I did was mention that I had some intermittent wobbling while in hover/flight (true) first then told the story about the crash and binding problem. I the 2 issues were enough for them to send a new board..

Good Luck!

Oh no..
Old 12-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it looks like I'm joining this ever expanding club as well. Same problems like most here. Called HH they sent me a new board, I installed it and it didn't help. Same thing. I'm about ready to give up on the Nano (I only had it two weeks). Was thinking to get the 130x but it seems like a lot of people are having issues with that one as well. Hmmmmm
rcgood is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2012, 05:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman67 View Post
Hi Boli,

I guess you tried the binding "trick" with holding the rudder stick to the right during the binding process - right ? If not that would be worth a try.

I could not fix my board and when I dis-assembled it, I even broke off two of the Servo Plugs - so it is now in the trash.

I bought a second Nano last week and will keep the first one as a spare. For my second Nano I did this protective mod that was suggested in the other thread - not sure if you've seen it. https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=463806

The board now is securely packed inside the canopy. Of course you can never be sure if it really helps, but I feel much more relaxed now. Does not cost a fortune and is easy to do - definitely worth trying.
Megasmicros.com needs your old boards. Servo plug repair is a service he offers though for nano boards. He can't save them all, old ones are better used spare parts than trashed. Please consider donating old boards or getting them repaired as the few people offering this service are in need of nano repair jobs and boards
tchilds is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 05:02 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default need advice: Nano won't bind anymore

Just got my nano today. Awesome bird, feels and acts just like my 2 mCPX but tinynIt felt perfect. I flew one battery. Just hovering to break in the motor. I then flew my mCPX to let the nano motor cool down.
I then flew the nano, had a small crash. Like from 3 feet high It landed on the side. I still had 2:30 minutes on the timer out of the 4 mins I had on the count down. I tried to keep flying but it just started spinning counterclockwise. So I changed the battery an rebind it to see if it solved the problem but it is not binding to my dx8. I also have an MSR and a mcx2 nothing like it had ever happened to me before.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:05 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I called HH . The rep said it was crash damaged and a main board problem caused by the crashed I said impossible .I have 5 other blade helis. And nothing like it ever happened he also said that they charge over 65 for the board an a $30 per hour rate. That's way to much. Or that I can send the heli an if they decide that it was not caused by the crash. HH will fix it free. I will only have to pay shipping to their building.Im estimating $26 Priority. And they will ship it back to me. Shouldn't they just send me a main board free? It has just one flight an 1/2 on it.

No good deed goes unpunished. Not fair I'm so disappointed in HH.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:07 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Called again. This second HH rep was nicer. He suggested disconnecting the main motors and the servos. Just to keep the batteries connected and to see if that way it binds. If not I have to send it in.
Oh well I'll try that.
Old 02-12-2013, 05:28 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Delfin, they replaced mine when I had the same issue. Actually, I had a member fix it once already for not binding. Then 2 weeks later, same thing. I thought no way am I going to pay for another repair...

HH is usually pretty good at replacing/repairing.
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 05:41 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delfin View Post
I then flew the nano, had a small crash. Like from 3 feet high It landed on the side.
That shouldn't damage the main board. They advertise it as "very crash resistent"- if you crash and don't break anything else, the main board shouldn't break. IMO that should be covered under warranty. Call back and try a different guy.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in