Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2015, 07:52 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Hey, MB, could you ever fly the nano cps 'normally' like you would a prior nano with none of that SAFE/stability active?
Hey, Sorry, I've not been keeping on top of this thread.

In short, no. My CPS felt all over the place in 3D mode with the same settings I would normal use for a CPX. In Agility mode it felt like what I was what expected SAFE mode to be like, i.e. limited flip and roll rate, but it did seem reasonably stable. in SAFE mode I had to pretty much move the sticks to full travel before the heli reacted to my inputs at all. I actually crashed it indoors due to the lack of reaction from the heli and cracked the trailing edge of one of the bullet blades.

I have sent my heli back to the shop where I bought it from. They are going to send it to HH UK tomorrow for them to have a look at it. We will see what their reply is. In the mean time, there seems to be no stock of CPS's left here in the U.K. So I'll need to wait on the next batch to arrive.

MB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2015, 10:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miracle Boy View Post
I have sent my heli back to the shop where I bought it from. They are going to send it to HH UK tomorrow for them to have a look at it. We will see what their reply is. In the mean time, there seems to be no stock of CPS's left here in the U.K. So I'll need to wait on the next batch to arrive.
This is definitely concerning as HH begins shipping the Nano CP S this week. Keep us updated.
critical is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2015, 04:24 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hey, Sorry, I've not been keeping on top of this thread.

In short, no. My CPS felt all over the place in 3D mode with the same settings I would normal use for a CPX. In Agility mode it felt like what I was what expected SAFE mode to be like, i.e. limited flip and roll rate, but it did seem reasonably stable. in SAFE mode I had to pretty much move the sticks to full travel before the heli reacted to my inputs at all. I actually crashed it indoors due to the lack of reaction from the heli and cracked the trailing edge of one of the bullet blades.

MB
Thanks. Much appreciated.

That is a little concerning. Hoping to retire my nanos for this, but I'll wait a bit.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #24 (permalink)
HF Support

If there's one lesson I've learned over the past few years with micros and pretty much any model for that matter it's ....NEVER buy one from the first run release. Wait a couple of months for them to fix all the kinks they overlooked to meet their aggressive marketing timelines. It happens almost every time.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2015, 04:49 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
If there's one lesson I've learned over the past few years with micros and pretty much any model for that matter it's ....NEVER buy one from the first run release. Wait a couple of months for them to fix all the kinks they overlooked to meet their aggressive marketing timelines. It happens almost every time.
I can't argue with that, in fact I totally agree, I'm just a total sucker

My recent track record with Blade is not great. First batch 180CFX was a POS out the box, tipped over on it's maiden and broke the TT, damaged the canopy and the XH connector on the battery. It's taken me months, and a lot of effort and cash to finally get it to fly right. And now this carry on with the Nano CP S. I bought a first batch T-Rex 150 and that thing has been nothing but a money pit, and it still doesn't fly right, it's the most finicky, temperamental heli I've ever had Grrrrr!!

Every other Blade heli I've had prior to the 180 CFX was pretty good out the box though, so IMO blades QC has dropped a fair bit since HH was sold off.

MB
Old 10-19-2015, 04:59 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Thanks. Much appreciated.

That is a little concerning. Hoping to retire my nanos for this, but I'll wait a bit.
Yes, I had hoped to retire my Nano's for the CPS as well, but the main board on the CPS is a very different animal to the CPX in the way that it fly's.

That, and I personally don't like the way the new board is mounted on a rubber suspension floaty thing, it's very odd, I can't see how it can help at all with 3D when the board is free to twist from side to side and back and forth on its base. I think I'll be sticking with the CPX if I don't get the issues resolved fully and then the CPS will end up on E-Bay

MB
Old 10-19-2015, 11:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Miracle Boy
Maybe it is good idea not to buy fresh helis from the first buggy batch and wait a little to let HH correct some little mistakes.
Also I don't see any NCPS in stock. So the one you got is really a test batch.
Agree on QC. But it dropped for all products (not only RC) especially after world economic crisis in 2008 and it continue dropping with all new models.
As for me I'm really eager to buy NCPS but I'll wait till Christmas sale or at least till Black Friday.
Tigron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 07:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

my nano cps flys fine after "Callibratingfly"
The manual as we know was wrong from HH, but no problem at all..
baked1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 08:38 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigron View Post
Miracle Boy
Maybe it is good idea not to buy fresh helis from the first buggy batch and wait a little to let HH correct some little mistakes.
Also I don't see any NCPS in stock. So the one you got is really a test batch.
Agree on QC. But it dropped for all products (not only RC) especially after world economic crisis in 2008 and it continue dropping with all new models.
As for me I'm really eager to buy NCPS but I'll wait till Christmas sale or at least till Black Friday.
Yes, Hindsight is a wonderful thing isn't it. As I said previously, up until the 180 CFX, I had not had any issues with Blade products, so assumed it was a one off.

But then, the 180 CFX and the Nano CPS are the first two Blade products that I've actually bought at first release..... I sure won't be buying any further first release products from Blade / HH.

I agree the that he quality of ALL products has suffered as a result of the crash as companies scrimp and scrape on the components used to cut costs in any area possible.

MB
Old 10-20-2015, 08:40 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by baked1 View Post
my nano cps flys fine after "Callibratingfly"
The manual as we know was wrong from HH, but no problem at all..
Yes, this may actually have been what the issue was with my heli, but I sent it back before this information was available

MB
Old 10-20-2015, 08:45 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Assuming the first batch available in Europe have all been sold and delivered, you are the only one who has reported any major problems. I am sure that others would have chipped in with the usual 'mine does this, that or the other' perhaps you were just unlucky this time round ?

Only when they are in the hands of our fellow freaks across the pond will we know for sure - after all, I doubt very much if anyone at HH development have had a chance to see or try one of the production models.
Synchronome is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchronome View Post
Assuming the first batch available in Europe have all been sold and delivered, you are the only one who has reported any major problems. I am sure that others would have chipped in with the usual 'mine does this, that or the other' perhaps you were just unlucky this time round ?

Only when they are in the hands of our fellow freaks across the pond will we know for sure - after all, I doubt very much if anyone at HH development have had a chance to see or try one of the production models.
Yeah, It seems that I'm the only one we know of in the U.K. who had any issues with the CP S. I would have liked to try the calibration process with mine before I sent it back, just to try it. The frustrating thing about that is that I first heard about it less than an hour after taking the heli to the post office to return it. Is yours flying o.k. now? I thought the free floating, suspended board is a bit odd, Any issues with that in flight?

MB
Old 10-20-2015, 11:37 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi MB mine is flying fine, I am not a skilled pilot by any means but I did send my spm file to another person from the other forum who was having trouble, he uses it and reported back to say he was flying inverted 8s backwards.

It looks like you may have been unlucky with yours.
Old 10-20-2015, 06:40 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
... I thought the free floating, suspended board is a bit odd, Any issues with that in flight?

MB
My 977 and k110 (seen those?) have the boards in that orientation and on... soft mount, yes.. very spongy ... foam. But they fly alright. Fwiw.

Maybe your board is just gammy.

Old 10-20-2015, 07:11 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

^ Too bad we can't just go back to solder with real lead in it.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 07:29 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaFan View Post
Damn right!
Have you noticed? Your hair shampoo is not working that well anymore either?? That's what happens when they take the REAL active ingredients out of the bottle and leave you with the filler at twice the price.
Old 10-21-2015, 03:16 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I thought the free floating, suspended board is a bit odd, Any issues with that in flight?

MB
I think the 'floating board' is a good idea and would imagine that the compound of the mounts has been carefully chosen to provide enough immunity from vibration but still maintaining tight control for 3D. The fact that it is also on a sub frame would suggest the damped mass is a factor in this.

This would also suggest that mounting a brushless esc on top of the board may not be a good idea
Old 10-21-2015, 06:01 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I think the 'floating board' is a good idea and would imagine that the compound of the mounts has been carefully chosen to provide enough immunity from vibration but still maintaining tight control for 3D. The fact that it is also on a sub frame would suggest the damped mass is a factor in this.

This would also suggest that mounting a brushless esc on top of the board may not be a good idea
On the V977 the ESC is under the frame. I took some pics I believe, they're somewhere on that epic length 977 thread, but I figure if you google V977 images you'll get some decent hits on the mounting strategy. Works well, IMO.

Old 10-21-2015, 11:15 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaFan View Post
+ 100 For ALL electronic products. IMO The negative impact of lead free solder use i.e product life span and reliability, or lack there of, far outweigh the positive, environmental gains or removing lead from solder.

But of course this is rather subjective, depending on many other factors like whether you believe in, and support the concept of Global warming, that it was caused by humans, and that we can actually influence global warming in the future by doing "eco" things etc.

MB
Old 10-21-2015, 11:17 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

Agreed, that's why I have my reservations about this design.

MB

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in