Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2015, 04:43 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

A quick update... So I spoke with horizon, verified my settings and re-bound the bird 3 times with no luck/change. We left it at me trying a calibration flight or them replacing it after I went to my lhs. So fast forward to later that day at my lhs, and they messed around with the heli, bound it at a different radio then to my dx6 g2 again and viola, a little tail trim and it flies??? Keep in mind they couldn't get it to bind to the RTF radio at all so there is some issue and as soon as stock is available it will get swapped out. Also of note the 3 in 1 board is solid red now, not blue as per the manual and it is flying good. When it flies, it flies well. What a fun little heli, it's no speed demon, but with some adjusted rates and expo it's a blast indoors, and on full rates with little expo outside I admit I'm impressed with the response of such a little heli. Unfortunately I will have the board issue in the back of my mind until it's replaced, and every so often it gets a blip of full elevator for mabey half a second randomly flying which I attribute to the board as well. Basically what I'm saying is if they get the kinks out it will be a great docile yet capable indoor heli for people imho. Oh and lastly, until I re-calibrated the heli as per the .pdf on the website, when I hit the safe button, it would pull hard aileron to the right which obviously wasn't helpful. Also I noticed last night from the factory one of the rubber mounting balls for the 3-in-1 board wasn't attached so I fixed that. I'm sure that didn't help matters out at all?
TimBaconHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2015, 04:26 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

A small sample or 3.

1) Bound up fine and other than a little drift is fine
2) We had some issues binding it but is fine now and it has a little drift
3) Bound fine but in stability mode unusable seems OK in other modes
it will probably be going back. If we cannot figure out how to sort out
the fully tilted forward swash in stability mode.
gonesailing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonesailing View Post
A small sample or 3.

3) Bound fine but in stability mode unusable seems OK in other modes
it will probably be going back. If we cannot figure out how to sort out
the fully tilted forward swash in stability mode.

I had this after a heavy landing. I pulled the servo leads out and plugged back in and reconnected battery and it cleared up and aint done it since in 25 flights. think a plug might not of been all the way home. but everything working fine now ive loctited my feather shaft. and reattached my blade grips and blades . flew off in living room when switching to stunt mode with the bullet wieghted blades.
marlbororman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-06-2015, 06:55 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

So, just a quick update. On my second ncps, had some issues binding, apparently the manual is incorrect on a couple things and timing with moving the rudder to the right is everything when it comes to a good problem free bind. Also a misprint, I followed the dx6 programming to the letter and had no self leveling etc in all modes and the bailout button, switch I was the opposite of safe, it sent the heli to the ground. A little investigation and we realized the gear needs to be assigned to switch b in channel input configuration and viola. Safe mode and self level works flawlesslly. So I think better binding instructions, account for the misprint In the manual and a calibration hover.....or two and it's proving to be a fun little heli. It's been 3 days of misery, but In the end I feel it worth it. Nothing is perfect on launch day. Games have bugs, cars have gas pedals that launch the family prius into a storefront. I'm having fun flying Indoors with a fairly accurate representation of my bigger cp helis so I say thanks Blade for another addition to my fleet. I must admit through all this and any other issues I've had with other helis, Horizon Hobby has had exemplary customer service and in my opinion gone over and above. Now I'm off to work on some flips to inverted....In the living room. Yeah.
TimBaconHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2015, 10:48 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

The CPS seems to be fussy about the -100, 0, +100 signals on the flight mode switch.

My CPS bound and flew fine with my old Spektrum DSM2 tx module (used with my JR9303). Unfortunately the module failed, so now I am using an Orange tx module, which will only bind in DSM2, 22ms, 1024 mode.

I addition, I only get a red LED in flight mode 2 (3D) if I lower the travel adjust on the switch to -95%.

(More info in the CPS forum in my post 'Orange Tx module won't bind'.)
dlgnut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-09-2015, 10:16 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is the one that Gonesailing spoke about. I've tried all the suggestions here for binding to my DX-9. I've bound as instructed in the manual, with right rudder first and with no rudder. I re-seated all the connectors. I check vibration dampeners on board to be sure they are all seated properly. We tried binding to Gonesailing's transmitter. Nothing helps. It does 2 strange things. In Agility and 3D modes it flies fine but when throttle cut is engaged, the tail motor continues to spin unless the throttle stick is at center and even then, the tail motor will spin if I manually move the heli. If the throttle stick is above or below center (zero pitch) the tail motor spins continuously even with the heli sitting on the table. When I switch to self-level mode or engage panic mode, the swash tilts all the way forward and I have no elevator control. The rear servo is all the way up. I have aileron but that's it. It can't be flown this way, nor can I do a drift adjustment because it won't even take off. It just rolls forward if I attempt to take off. If I take it up to a hover and engage panic mode, it nose-dives. But the tail motor doesn't run continuously in self-level like it does in the other 2 modes. Something is definitely hosed with the controller.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlbororman View Post
I had this after a heavy landing. I pulled the servo leads out and plugged back in and reconnected battery and it cleared up and aint done it since in 25 flights. think a plug might not of been all the way home. but everything working fine now ive loctited my feather shaft. and reattached my blade grips and blades . flew off in living room when switching to stunt mode with the bullet wieghted blades.
Toolman Joe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2015, 04:31 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

try plugging battery in with the tx off, wait for swash to level and stop, unplug battery, then switch tx on, and plug battery in to heli again, and see if that recentralizes everything.Apparently it goes to zero pitch with heli battery in and tx off. read it on another thread in cps forum on here. Dunno if it will work,just a suggestion.
Old 11-10-2015, 08:39 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Marlboroman. I tried it but it didn't help. Plugged in battery. Swash levels as you said. Blue light flashing. Unplug battery, TX on, plug battery back into heli. Swash all the way forward again. Very frustrating and irritating.

Is anyone else having the issue where the tail motor runs even in throttle hold when in advanced or 3D modes (aka Idle 1 & 2)? Gonesailing's was behaving that way initially but now it stopped!

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlbororman View Post
try plugging battery in with the tx off, wait for swash to level and stop, unplug battery, then switch tx on, and plug battery in to heli again, and see if that recentralizes everything.Apparently it goes to zero pitch with heli battery in and tx off. read it on another thread in cps forum on here. Dunno if it will work,just a suggestion.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:10 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

I had the problem with the rear servo. I disconnected it from the board then reconnected and all is fine again now.
Burmboy360 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2015, 11:18 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting. I tried that to no avail. I disconnected all the servos and reconnected them. Nada. Let us know if the problem comes back.

Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burmboy360 View Post
I had the problem with the rear servo. I disconnected it from the board then reconnected and all is fine again now.
Old 11-10-2015, 12:31 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Several issues with new Nano CPS out the box

Tail motor runs with TH and in 3D mode here also, Contac horizon as I did
Old 11-10-2015, 01:59 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman Joe View Post
Interesting. I tried that to no avail. I disconnected all the servos and reconnected them. Nada. Let us know if the problem comes back.

Joe
only just got back in. Check the 3 in 1 board is seated properly, as it could of got wedged back at an angle, unplug the offending servo, power up heli then plug servo back in, should re centralise it hopefully. just be very careful as them sockets could be fragile.

Mine aint had a single issue for a lot of flights now, must be 40 or so now. maybe 80 in total and apart from the very beginning very few issues anyway. Most programmng issues or trimming out, which i expect on any heli. Soo happy i got some bling ordered
Old 11-10-2015, 05:40 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

These binding issues you guys are having is just ridiculous.
No reason you should have to go through so much crap just to bind a heli.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-11-2015, 10:17 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MariaFan View Post
These binding issues you guys are having is just ridiculous.
No reason you should have to go through so much crap just to bind a heli.
Agreed, I can't believe this either! It's crazy! What's really sad is, if a newbie gets their hands on one of these defective birds and thinks the entire hobby is full of trash. If I'd had this much trouble with heli's in the beginning, I'd never have stuck with this hobby.

Real story, my brother was into RC stuff before I was. I always wanted to get into it but I didn't have the time. Several summers back, I decided to get into RC trucks. So I purchased an XTM Rage rc car, and the thing was constantly breaking something on it. I'd hit a bump and break the front swing arm and it'd be down for repairs AGAIN! I was about to give up and he told me "This isn't the hobby, you've made more repairs in the last month than I ever have!!" So I decided to purchase another truck and then saw that the Rage was just FULL of issues and soft defective parts.

Needless to say, I eventually got into heli's and I love this hobby. But had I gotten into this hobby alone and without the help and support of a fellow RC'er, I'd have given up and bashed everything RC and said it's full of trashy parts. This NCPS with all of it's problems could be doing this same thing to many, many people as we type. Which is just really sad and a true loss for the hobby and those involved in it
Old 11-11-2015, 10:23 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman Joe;
Is anyone else having the issue where the tail motor runs even in throttle hold when in advanced or 3D modes (aka Idle 1 & 2)? Gonesailing's was behaving that way initially but now it stopped!

Joe
My tail motor continues to spin and I have a DX9 and a friend's does also and he has a DX6. I'm hoping to get a SPM file from someone to see if I made a programming error or if there is a problem with my bird.
Old 11-11-2015, 01:31 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's not a programming error. I can't think of any possible programming error you could make that would cause the tail motor to continue to spin in throttle hold. I'd be happy to send you my SPM but keep in mind that my nCPS doesn't work correctly either. We confirmed that the problem is with the model though by binding it to my friend's DX9 and it didn't work. His nCPS works fine, although the tail motor did continue to spin one time when he hit throttle hold. He said the problem went away on its own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Tom View Post
My tail motor continues to spin and I have a DX9 and a friend's does also and he has a DX6. I'm hoping to get a SPM file from someone to see if I made a programming error or if there is a problem with my bird.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:30 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 SPM file for Nano-CPS

Here is a working SPM file for the Nano CPS. I downloaded it from Horizon Hobby but it had errors that I was able to fix using a text editor (rudder trim was set and locked so the model with Piro out of control off the launch pad). There were a few other issues as well with weird settings. I uploaded the fixed file to my DX-9 and tested it. It is working fine now.

This file will work on the new DX6, DX9 and DX18 and also the new DX8 and DX8. It will not work on older DX6, DX7 or DX8 (the ones without voice propmpts) so be aware of that. I have rates set on D, Flight Mode on B, Panic on A and Throttle Hold is on H. If you don't like that, you will have to change them in the appropriate menus. I also have voice prompts setup on Flight Mode and Rates. Remember when you bind to hold the bind button for 2-3 sec, then release it and move the rudder stick all the way to the right until the radio says, "Bind Complete". I'm not sure that really makes a difference but that's how I did it and it worked. This file eliminates the tail motor running in Throttle Hold and also the main rotor starting up on Panic.

Good luck and if any questions, you know where to reach me. :-)

Joe
Attached Files
File Type: spm 002~02Nano CP S.SPM (25.0 KB, 286 views)
Old 12-04-2015, 09:25 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolman Joe View Post
Here is a working SPM file for the Nano CPS. I downloaded it from Horizon Hobby but it had errors that I was able to fix using a text editor (rudder trim was set and locked so the model with Piro out of control off the launch pad). There were a few other issues as well with weird settings. I uploaded the fixed file to my DX-9 and tested it. It is working fine now.

This file will work on the new DX6, DX9 and DX18 and also the new DX8 and DX8. It will not work on older DX6, DX7 or DX8 (the ones without voice propmpts) so be aware of that. I have rates set on D, Flight Mode on B, Panic on A and Throttle Hold is on H. If you don't like that, you will have to change them in the appropriate menus. I also have voice prompts setup on Flight Mode and Rates. Remember when you bind to hold the bind button for 2-3 sec, then release it and move the rudder stick all the way to the right until the radio says, "Bind Complete". I'm not sure that really makes a difference but that's how I did it and it worked. This file eliminates the tail motor running in Throttle Hold and also the main rotor starting up on Panic.

Good luck and if any questions, you know where to reach me. :-)

Joe
Thanks for the share!
Old 12-05-2015, 08:35 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bind to the left not right on throttle

Well because I forget my right and lefts when opening a new toy.....mine bound on the 2nd try....I have the old dx7 dsm2 transmitter.

My trick was during binding I pulled the rudder to the left instead of right. Been running pretty good in normal but when I go to flight mode 2 it just goes full speed straight up....have to engineer that in the radio...

So I went back and tried to rebind pulling the rudder to the right and it won't bind.... Hmmmm so of you who are having binding issues pull the rudder to the left...

Dumb luck?

I finally gave up earlier today and just bound with throttle to the left... Works good again now...

Also put the expo dr rates at -50 not + 25 .... Almost unflyable for me at + 25. Now I am practicing nose in and circles in my living room.

Great to get off the simulator and fly for real. Darn my 450, 500 and 600 cost at least a hundred bucks when I hit the ground to fix... So I have hit the walls a few times and you have to reset it (nano battery pull) to get the gryros working again but. Even if I goof it up real bad for a hundred bucks I am still ahead not smashing the big ones.... This is like everything else in this hobby fix crash fly re engineer spend money and do it again. This is cheap stick time...

Steve
Perris ca outstanding in my living room....
ser123ser is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2015, 05:12 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser123ser View Post
Well because I forget my right and lefts when opening a new toy.....mine bound on the 2nd try....I have the old dx7 dsm2 transmitter.

My trick was during binding I pulled the rudder to the left instead of right. Been running pretty good in normal but when I go to flight mode 2 it just goes full speed straight up....have to engineer that in the radio...

So I went back and tried to rebind pulling the rudder to the right and it won't bind.... Hmmmm so of you who are having binding issues pull the rudder to the left...

Dumb luck?

I finally gave up earlier today and just bound with throttle to the left... Works good again now...

Also put the expo dr rates at -50 not + 25 .... Almost unflyable for me at + 25. Now I am practicing nose in and circles in my living room.

Great to get off the simulator and fly for real. Darn my 450, 500 and 600 cost at least a hundred bucks when I hit the ground to fix... So I have hit the walls a few times and you have to reset it (nano battery pull) to get the gryros working again but. Even if I goof it up real bad for a hundred bucks I am still ahead not smashing the big ones.... This is like everything else in this hobby fix crash fly re engineer spend money and do it again. This is cheap stick time...

Steve
Perris ca outstanding in my living room....
I agree with that. I got this after getting a $17 heli at Sports Authority thinking it was good.. It doesn't tilt but rotates with the right control stick which makes it confusing. Also it goes forward and backwards by spinning the tail CCW or CW but sometimes it doesn't even work. I returned it. Was steady though. Took a couple take offs to get it to work.

I got it after crashing my hk450 because of belt drive you have to add a twist but I've watched and researched everything prior to making it but nothing said you have to add the twist. : (

I dumped the throttle at 2nd take off but 1st take off and land was ok.. I couldn't get a rotation because it was obviously at limit but I got scared at the time and thought I had no control so I dumped it. I was at the park. It was hovering good though. This is why I got this small one.

It's not the same as the sim where the sim has a perfectly balanced configuration. If the tailboom is slightly rotated it makes a significant difference.

A lot of people running good configurations and have tons of skills not realizing and pointing out all the little details that make us w/ bad configurations frustrated.
Also your battery has to look like this (position) or the forward/rear weight balance will be off.

Last edited by AntDX316; 12-20-2015 at 09:37 AM..
AntDX316 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in