Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2012, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default White dust on frame next to main gear

I know this is most likely normal but wanted to get input from other X50e pilots. I recently noticed buildup of white dust (presumably from the main gear) on the right frame (as you are looking from the tail forward). Since the main gear rotates clockwise it appears to be wear slung off from the main gear/pinion contact. I have double checked my pinion free play and it appears to be just right, but wanted to know if others have seen this after approximately 20 flights?
ghenders is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 02:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

its normal.

Sent from my GT-S5690 using Tapatalk
Langelus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-07-2012, 07:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got that on my mini titan aswell. The dust got sucked into my motor and caused a build up between the magnets causing 2 packs to get greatly over discharged in under 3 min. I examined the pinion and found 2 teeth on it were wearing and had one sharp edge. Replaced it with a rhino gear and have not had any white dust since.

If you motor has a chance to suck it up be sure to check it often.
Old 11-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Got that magic white dust also from the first few flights of my X50E. I thought I have the right amount of mesh between the main and pinion and they are just breaking in so to speak. Until my buddy checked it out for me. He rotated the main gear and showed me a "tight" area between the pinion and main gear. He told me to adjust my mesh from that spot. I did and wiped the old magic white dust and never had some ever again.
what-d-heli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the responses. I will rotate the main gear and check the gap all the way around and see if I have a tighter gap at a different point on the gear.
Old 11-18-2012, 11:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

my x50 did that too for the first couple of flights until the gears broke in or if there's no grease on the gears

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in