Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450

Blade 450 Blade 450 Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2015, 08:17 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

One more thing I was wondering to get some insight on is as follows:
When I purchased my 3 Hitec 0257 servos in a bundle it came with a Racer's Edge 2472 Power Capacitor. Should I plug this into the empty port in my receiver ( blind plug port ) and use it thataway?
Usman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-20-2015, 08:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default savox servos

I use three 257 on cyclic and 262 on the tail, I have no problems and running on lower voltage setting, using the stock esc. not sure why yours is doing that? I did have play around with the rev on my dx6i though. I think Gladius help me out.

Brad
Old 09-20-2015, 08:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Bradley. Yeah that's odd for me. I do have another stock ESC laying around and will try seeing if I can do what you've been able to do.
Are you using the stock 420 motor?
I tried plugging the capacitor from Racer's Edge into the bind port and using the 262 servo on the tail and same problem. I left the capacitor plugged into the bind port and reconnected the stock 76t servo on the tail and we'll see if the capacitor makes any difference, right now it adds insurance to the piece of mind that its there in case?
Old 09-20-2015, 08:56 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe I should trying switching to the lower voltage.
Old 09-20-2015, 09:15 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using a 440 motor, I did switch it 6v for a while cant remember why I switch back?
Old 09-20-2015, 09:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

It sounds to me like a bad servo. Sometimes you will get bad ones right out of the box. You just need to call whoever you bought it from, and arrange for them to replace it. Most places are good about that kind of stuff, since they want to keep your business!

I would try plugging the 262 into another heli, and see if the problem stays with the servo. That will confirm that what you're seeing is being caused by the servo.
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2015, 10:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nope its not the servo. What I just did is unplug all three of the cyclic savox 0252 servos and then I plugged in the 0262 tail servo and powered things up and I got response to the 0262 servo with the other three unplugged...so its not the servo itself.
Old 09-20-2015, 01:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, that could mean that the internal BEC on your ESC is not up to the task. I found this:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=421511&page=4

Which shows that the internal BEC can only provide 4A continuous current before it shuts down. Maybe that's what's happening? In that case, a new ESC sounds like the right solution.
Old 09-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome to hear ! ! Perfect ! Right now all is well and the helicopter is flying well.
I flew it pretty hard last battery pack and now an appearance of a minor tail wag. In a nutshell what can cause that? : taxing on the bearings from use?; tail having come out of place ever so slightly during flight? It was perfectly fine just one battery pack ago?
Old 09-20-2015, 03:45 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was looking at the differences between the savox 0252 and the hitec 5065 and the one difference that stuck out the most to me is the fact the hitec has a 3 pole motor and the savox has a brushed.
Old 09-26-2015, 01:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I get the castle lite 50amp esc should I expect my fly time to decrease to what it is right now with the stock esc using the upgraded servos?
Old 09-26-2015, 02:32 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldn't expect the ESC to affect your flight times that much. That's really going to depend on how your servos and motor are using the power available to them.

Now if the ESC was a bottleneck, then you might see slightly shorter flight times, but your motor and servos should perform much better.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:51 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

If I ever wanted to replace my frame screws with some that are hex head, does anyone know the correct size screw to use for the blade 4503D? ? ? ?
Old 10-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure of the size. But you can take one of your frame screws to a hardware store. They should have a sizing board that will tell you the correct pitch and diameter.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:21 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds good ! Thanks. Also I ordered the castle lite 50amp esc. When I get it, and install it, is there anything else I should do with it? Since I'll be using savox servos, i'll change the volage to 6v. Anything else might be missing?
Old 01-29-2016, 06:39 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do have one more question, and I think its a silly one but im going to go on ahead and ask it anyways, and that is when using the stock esc and using this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Racers-Edge-...YAAOSwLzdWSQUW
so that the upgraded servos get enough power and don't glitch, is it so that I can just plug that glitch buster right into a spare channel in the rx without having to remove the red wire from the esc or anything? Just plug and play?
Thanks in advance !
Old 03-23-2016, 11:38 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

In the mist of a complete rebuild of my 4503d helicopter, I can say that this is the perfect time to elaborate on what this thread what started on and say that the top bearing is 3x7x2.5 and the bottom bearing where the tail drive gear shaft sits is 3x7x3. the frame wont house the 3x7x3 up top
Old 03-23-2016, 11:49 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

not 3x7x2.5 but 3x6x2.5 up top, sorry, just needed to clear things up
Old 03-23-2016, 12:27 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

whops, please disregard the last few posts, that's the case with a blade 400, I just realized I was working on a blade 400 frame and not a 450!
Old 03-23-2016, 01:41 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

both of the tail drive gear block bearings are 3x7x3 on bottom and on top. I just want to clarify with members one other thing. as im rebuilding and reassembling my 4503d frame, the frame came with a pack of screws and 4 of them are longer than the others. doe these 4 go where the tail boom will get secured?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in