Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2012, 06:00 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far so good my Warp went together with very little issues and it fly’s like no other 450 class heli I have EVER EVER flown. In terms of issues with a handful of kits this is expected and is quite the industry norm. In the past I have had had far more problems with other kits like (Align, TT, HDX, TDR yes TDR) other than the TDR support from Jan, Compass support is the best in the business.

Reference the links cracking this will happen if you put them on the wrong way I know because I have done this before other than that I have not had any cracked links.

Over all this first batch of Warp kits were a success and minor issues will be addressed over time as new kits arrive on dealer shelves.
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default success

Funny but I'll guarantee I could tell you everybody who either sells compass products or is sponsored by compass. Can't believe somebody would call this a successful release with all the issues it seems the only people who aren't complaining about the issues are the ones will actually fly for compass or sell their products. Sorry man I like to call a spade a spade and this thing has poor quality materials and questionable engineering . I can't complain about the flying because mine still is not flying yet due to issues with the kit. I also love that they say they have the best customer support. you can't even find list of parts for this helicopter on their website. No other information really available on their website either how many times have you seen that? I'm guessing none. By the way I would love to find out what your issues were with the TDR where it has more issues than this.
P.S. Anybody looking for a brand-new warp 360 kit with align ds415 cyclic 425 tail, yge 60 and ar7200bx with 2 turnigy batteries let me know. Will sell at a discount. $750 bnf
frito169 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:21 AM   #63 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Good to hear esmo.

Sent from my phone
Old 12-09-2012, 09:22 AM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great, esmo!!

The helicopter truly does fly great!
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:33 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito169 View Post
Funny but I'll guarantee I could tell you everybody who either sells compass products or is sponsored by compass. Can't believe somebody would call this a successful release with all the issues it seems the only people who aren't complaining about the issues are the ones will actually fly for compass or sell their products. Sorry man I like to call a spade a spade and this thing has poor quality materials and questionable engineering . I can't complain about the flying because mine still is not flying yet due to issues with the kit. I also love that they say they have the best customer support. you can't even find list of parts for this helicopter on their website. No other information really available on their website either how many times have you seen that? I'm guessing none. By the way I would love to find out what your issues were with the TDR where it has more issues than this.
I don't sell Compass nor am I sponsored/rep for them. I put my kit together with a couple minor issues I found and resolved either on my own or from others that posted here. Put flight 50 on my machine yesterday and it's rocking right along.

This is a first batch run, they will get the issues worked out.

Team Scorpion
Gawl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #66 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gawl View Post
I don't sell Compass nor am I sponsored/rep for them. I put my kit together with a couple minor issues I found and resolved either on my own or from others that posted here. Put flight 50 on my machine yesterday and it's rocking right along.
SNIP
Great news!!

I'm not sponsored by nor do I rep for Compass either. I've never bashed any heli I've had. I've just done like you and worked through the issues. If the heli is something you truly "want", it's the least frustrating and most rewarding way to go about it.

Old 12-09-2012, 09:53 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default support

Definitely starting to feel a little bit better about the machine just got a PM from Jeff and asked me if I need anything to take care of the Heli I might just take him up on that offer. I hate being the negative Nancy but when all these reps and stuff are so gung ho about pushing their product it just makes me crazy. You get the sponsored pilots and reps just pushing and pushing saying that it's a great helicopter when in fact it is not there are issues with it and the average perspective buyer would like to know these things. I have a lot more respect for a company that could admit their mistakes and move on with it. That being said, I really appreciate the p.m. from Jeff and it may have just changed my mind on this whole company. I have mine listed up for sale in the electronic helicopters if anybody's interested but now I'm starting to think I would like to at least try it out. I have been able to fix all of the issues or replace the parts through my own engineering skills. Is soon as I receive my two flight packs I will take this out for a test flight maybe that will change my mind about how I feel so far about this particular unit.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:15 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
P.S. Anybody looking for a brand-new warp 360 kit with align ds415 cyclic 425 tail, yge 60 and ar7200bx with 2 turnigy batteries let me know. Will sell at a discount. $750 bnf
I am not sponsored by compass. This is in fact the first experience I have ever had with a compass helicopter.

The quality of the machining is as good as anything I have ever seen. Plastic is fine too. No issues with cracking or holes drilled in wrong place etc.

I noticed you have ds415 on yours. Those servos would be very weak for this heli. I had them on my g5 and I could easily push down any servo with minimal effort and they would stop moving.

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 10:18 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hmm why don't you give the Warp a chance? It seems that improvements are already making their way into the 2nd batch and that's mighty quick in my opinion. It's not as if things are going to get worse. In fact they are more likely to improve yes? If I were you I would make a list of all the parts that I have issues with and get back to my dealer to see if I can swap them out if they have genuine problems. I know that's an extra hassle and all that but look at the earlier Goblin threads when it first came out. Issues with fit and finish as well. Plenty of people thrashing it when comparing it to the TDR and Diabolo. Now after a year it's matured significantly and one of the more popular helis around.

There's no long-term economical sense in Compass trying to make a quick buck off the Warp by intentionally shipping low quality kits. All I hope is that when the loose ends are tied up, the improvements make their way back to us the pioneer batch free of charge, if for anything to reward us for the belief in the brand at buying sight unseen.
yhchoong is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My personal feeling (no prior experience with Compass products) is that this is an excellent design but a few too many compromises were made in the initial release. I, too, hope Compass realizes what a great model they have here and improves their QC. I would guess that I am in the minority here, but I would willingly pay more for the kit if the quality were significantly improved.
ScotY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2012, 10:58 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default support

I received a nice helpful pm from Jeff Barrett one of the compass reps I believe out of Canada And he has convinced me to definitely hold on to the Heli and give it a try. This is my first experience with compass also and after the initial disappointment the customer service has renewed my faith in them slightly. I like the design it's the reason I bought the Heli I just didn't like the " poor quality parts. unfortunately I must have gotten one of the earliest releases because it sounds like they've already addressed some of the issues. This amazes me seeing as the helicopter was just released last week. Hopefully I will receive replacement parts for this within the week and then I can make a better judgment, at least on how it flies.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I noticed you have ds415 on yours. Those servos would be very weak for this heli. I had them on my g5 and I could easily push down any servo with minimal effort and they would stop moving.[/QUOTE]

That seems pretty strange to me as the alignDS 415 are one of the strongest servos, especially for the speed or am I crazy? Speed .1-.07 torque 27-33 . The only servos I know of that are faster and stronger are the MKS And I'm not about to spend $75 a servo for a mini. Maybe if I was a pro flyer and flying it in competition I would consider that but such a waste of money IMHO.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:51 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes I know the ratings I have them too. Maybe they have a feedback sensor to prevent stripping if it cannot move?

With that said I did not need a lot of pressure with my finger to stop them from moving. Disregard my prior comment then

Old 12-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ds415m

So how do the ones that you own perform do they seem weak in the air or does it seem fast and crisp?
Old 12-09-2012, 02:30 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well when they were on my g5 (same config as a warp) they felt very soft for me. I changed out to some turnigy servos and it was a big difference. I know what the specs say but for me it felt like it didn't have holding power.

Old 12-10-2012, 10:06 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff_Barrett View Post
Your tail should weathervane and on a heli this small with those light little blades, it will not auto well with the additional drag of the tail ... this is why it is designed as such.
Sorry for the noob/non-native-speaker question... but this means you will not be able to turn your nose while autoing, correct? Or "weathervane" means he will follow "the direction of movement" so if you slightly bank it will just follow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewR View Post
Axial play in the grip is normal and is mentioned in the manual. Once it is in flight, centripetal force will pull every outward with such force that wouldn't believe.
Sorry for the noob/non-native-speaker question again... does "axial" in this case mean horizontal? Meaning there is some play while pulling the two grips apart?

And NewR, I think you meant "centrifugal force", correct?
Old 12-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coco66 View Post
Sorry for the noob/non-native-speaker question... but this means you will not be able to turn your nose while autoing, correct? Or "weathervane" means he will follow "the direction of movement" so if you slightly bank it will just follow?

Sorry for the noob/non-native-speaker question again... does "axial" in this case mean horizontal? Meaning there is some play while pulling the two grips apart?

Correct

Old 12-10-2012, 11:26 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Yup... it will naturally follow the path of least resistance (think of wind indicator on an farm house).
Jeff_Barrett is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 12:17 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

English is also my non-native language . Yes I meant centrifugal force. It is a reaction force corresponding to a centripetal force.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:32 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0laris View Post
Well when they were on my g5 (same config as a warp) they felt very soft for me. I changed out to some turnigy servos and it was a big difference. I know what the specs say but for me it felt like it didn't have holding power.
Solaris,

Youll have to post up how it feels compared to the G5. Both of mine are still going strong but someday Ill run out of spares (or desire to fix them) but i do love the way it flies (and for 6+ minutes too), so a comparison from someone who had one would be helpful.
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in