Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > Belt CP

Belt CP E-Sky Belt CP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Just a teaser, lol, almost there, version 0.16 is coming soon...
Need to make some final compilations and distrubution zip files, and upload everything.
The website needed to grow a bit with the application, but it stayed clean and simple.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	teaser016.PNG
Views:	239
Size:	228.2 KB
ID:	150779  
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2010, 12:01 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That went smooth: HeliPort version 0.16 is now online.

New are the data modules "Tailbelts" and "Electrical wires", and the tool "Battery calculator". In other words, only the "Flight logger" and "Battery logger" need to be developed. That will be version 0.17, probably the last one before we jump to a first final release version 1.00.

And I ugraded the website a bit, enjoy, no more programming for me tonight...

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	champagne.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	150808  
Old 04-12-2010, 12:22 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i have a question, i really like the HS calc but i'm trying to use the tachometer with a wav. file and it seems i can't get it to work... am i doing something wrong ?

i red the manual but i can't set that kind of sample rate etc.
is there a better program to convert a mpeg file to a wav file then AOA ?
www.rs-modelstore.be follow us on facebook !
flybar-les is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybar-les View Post
i have a question, i really like the HS calc but i'm trying to use the tachometer with a wav. file and it seems i can't get it to work... am i doing something wrong ?

i red the manual but i can't set that kind of sample rate etc.
is there a better program to convert a mpeg file to a wav file then AOA ?
Some people might have more experience with other programs, but for me Music Editor Free works very well. It can convert a wave file to any wanted setting, as you can see in this picture. It's indeed totally free, has a whole lot of features while still being easy to use, look at http://www.music-editor.net/

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wave.PNG
Views:	245
Size:	16.1 KB
ID:	150839  
Old 04-12-2010, 03:37 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

nope i can't get it to work, i did everything like you showed me in your post with that program and if i push record while i play the file in the media player the tacho says that i have to try again...
Old 04-12-2010, 03:47 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
nope i can't get it to work, i did everything like you showed me in your post with that program and if i push record while i play the file in the media player the tacho says that i have to try again...
Wait, are you using the tacho to record a wave file, or are you using the tacho to analyze a wave file of your own ?
Normal use is having the tacho do the recording. The mic should work of course.
The added feature of "feeding" a "tacho.wav" file to the tacho works also perfectly, at least as far as we know. But then you must not push "record", this will overwrite your file ! Only "RPM" to make the calculations. Might need some more details, what have you done until now, step by step ? Mobile or desktop version ? Or send me your non-working wave file, and I'll help you out in no time, I can analyze it further, and see what's wrong, it won't take long, and we'll help you out.

Edit: if the tacho says to try again, then you mean the "weak signal message" ? Means that the sound volume is extremely low, something must be very wrong with your file, does it at least sound like a running heli at a somewhat normal volume ?
Old 04-13-2010, 02:00 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yes i have 'weak signal' message...

i'm trying to record a file that i converted from a vid i made of my ATOM from mpeg to wav.

in the first 10 seconds i spool up and let it sit on the ground for a few seconds, perfect for measuring the HS. !

i just now also tried to just only push the rpm button while playing the wav. file on my mediaplayer but no result...

where can i send my file to so you could take a look at it ?

thanks for the help btw !
Old 04-13-2010, 02:30 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The emailadres is in the about box of HeliPort, and also on the website, I don't mention it here to avoid spam caused by webbots.It starts with 'heliport', followed by the usual domain name.
I don't understand why you are playing the wave file in the mediaplayer while hitting the RPM button, it is absolutely unnecessary, and can only give problems, as Windows will have the file locked for use in the mediaplayer, and I don't know if HeliPort will be able to get access in the same time.
In short: get a normal sounding wave file, in the format as described in the help. Call it "tacho.wav", copy it to the HeliPort folder, and hit the "RPM" button".
BTW, you can also zip the file, and post it in this thread as an attachment !
And if you would trust me enough to send me a mail with your phone number or so, I will even gladly call you, we're both in Belgium and Dutch speaking I guess. We'll help you fast, it worked hundreds of times without a glitch, we are simply missing something here, can't be hard to find. And call me Raf, that's my real name
Old 04-13-2010, 02:55 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hey Raf, it worked !

i did it just like you said by placing the file under 'tacho' in the program, it tachs great !
the rpm's are correct !

tnx for the very nice tool
Old 04-13-2010, 03:26 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
hey Raf, it worked !

i did it just like you said by placing the file under 'tacho' in the program, it tachs great !
the rpm's are correct !

tnx for the very nice tool
Glad to see a happy customer, lol.
And remember, we'll do a full refund if you're not pleased.

Oh, and if you would feel so, do mail me if you like, I fly a Compass Atom500 myself and Iove it, would be nice talking a bit with you. I met other fellow countrymen on this forum, and some even became good personal friends.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:45 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird300 View Post
Glad to see a happy customer, lol.
And remember, we'll do a full refund if you're not pleased.

Oh, and if you would feel so, do mail me if you like, I fly a Compass Atom500 myself and Iove it, would be nice talking a bit with you. I met other fellow countrymen on this forum, and some even became good personal friends.
LolZ ! i would like a refund then !!

I will send you a mail, no prob, i'm a field rep for Compass now and actually i was in you neighbourhood(i think) last week, i went to D-flyer's flying field in Oostende to meet and fly !
Old 04-13-2010, 03:57 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
LolZ ! i would like a refund then !!

I will send you a mail, no prob, i'm a field rep for Compass now and actually i was in you neighbourhood(i think) last week, i went to D-flyer's flying field in Oostende to meet and fly !
I know Dirk a little bit, he helped me a few times with advice about the Atom500 when I bought it. Very nice guy. It's a small world.
Hope to hear you soon !!! Really like to hear about the Atom 6HV, was thinking about getting one myself this summer. On the other hand, waiting a bit longer for the 7HV doesn't sound like a bad idea either, lol.

Edit: got your mail, you'll get a reply today probably, thanks !
Old 04-14-2010, 02:59 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi there,
Just to say thanks,,,

I installed this great software yesterday (version 0.16) on my notebook and Omnia I900 GSM.
Very simpel installation, i just would like to have some shortlink to my programs folder in my menu..
My omnia runs WM 6.5 OS and i really miss the exit function on the heliport.
Now i need to use the taskmanager to shutdown the heliport.

I used the Heli port om my GL450Ct witch is an early KDS 450 C version.
It has an 3550 KV motor running on 3S lipo and 13T pinion on 90% throttle
It gave me over 3100 rpm on the tacho check witch seems to be a bit high
I measured 4 different times with different distance but same values..

Looking forward to get the next version..

And tanks again for the great work..

Benno
plantjes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 03:51 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantjes View Post
Hi there,
Just to say thanks,,,

I installed this great software yesterday (version 0.16) on my notebook and Omnia I900 GSM.
Very simpel installation, i just would like to have some shortlink to my programs folder in my menu..
My omnia runs WM 6.5 OS and i really miss the exit function on the heliport.
Now i need to use the taskmanager to shutdown the heliport.

I used the Heli port om my GL450Ct witch is an early KDS 450 C version.
It has an 3550 KV motor running on 3S lipo and 13T pinion on 90% throttle
It gave me over 3100 rpm on the tacho check witch seems to be a bit high
I measured 4 different times with different distance but same values..

Looking forward to get the next version..

And tanks again for the great work..

Benno
Hi, thanks for your reply, and a few answers:

1) I make shortlinks by first installing a free extension for the File Explorer in my Win Mobile 6.1. It is called "fexploreext.cab", it is easy to find with Google or so. This extension allows you to rightclick and hold any .exe file, and make a shortcut immediately to your program folder.
2) You're not the first to ask for a dedicated exit button, no problem, I'll add one in the main screen in the next release, it's not much work.
3) Allow me to add a few considerations to your headspeed values: were you hovering or standing on the ground (blades are "overspeeding" then because of the lack of drag) ? A fresh lipo or not ?
An extreme example: on the ground at 100% throttle, with a 12,6 Volt fresh pack, with your setup:
Headspeed = 12,6 * 13 /150 * 0.85 * 3550 = 3295 RPM, would be 2903 RPM for an average RPM (11.1 Volt value for 3S lipo). And remember that ESCs don't have a linear curve internally, 90% throttle is not the same as 90% headspeed.
My Beam with a similar setup (3595 kV motor) runs 3169 RPM at only about 80% throttle on the ground.
So your findings make a lot of sense to me, I see no problem, your value of 3100 RPM seems absolutely correct. When in doubt anyway, zip and post your wave file, I'll do some extended analyzes for you. But I'm sure it is ok what you did.
There are many weird stories about headspeed out there, lol.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:25 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just a small anouncement:

The little red medical helicopter, symbol of the HeliPort application, is offically paid for and licensed by us. Just to be sure there are no misunderstandings about that, we use it in a perfectly legal way, according to the license, with the written approval of the original designer. And that includes distributing the picture in the application for example. In fact, I liked it so much I even ordered larger size hi-res pictures.
Don't ask me why for now.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:20 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, we won't ask! (Why??)
dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 06:22 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbird300 View Post
Just a small anouncement:

The little red medical helicopter, symbol of the HeliPort application, is offically paid for and licensed by us. Just to be sure there are no misunderstandings about that, we use it in a perfectly legal way, according to the license, with the written approval of the original designer. And that includes distributing the picture in the application for example. In fact, I liked it so much I even ordered larger size hi-res pictures.
Don't ask me why for now.

Zot
Old 04-14-2010, 06:27 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ah! Some other mad scheme then! LOL
dauste is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2010, 11:22 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantjes View Post
My omnia runs WM 6.5 OS and i really miss the exit function on the heliport. Now i need to use the taskmanager to shutdown the heliport.
Ok, it's done, as I said. Look at the exit button at the bottom of the screen.
User settings will be saved as usual, but it won't bother you with questions like "Are you sure... ?", lol.
It will be in the next release, just have a little patience, please.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Exit_button.png
Views:	331
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	151184  
Old 04-14-2010, 11:38 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey Raf, How come you've got an advanced copy of version 0.17. I'm very jealous.
sutty is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in