Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro

Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Outrage Velocity 90 Nitro Helicopter Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Bad starter coupler....

The saga never seems to end with this 90. Brand new starter coupler/shaft, 1st start and the coupler has literally cracked in half. Not hydrolocked, turned over by hand first before starting, sullivan starter on 4S lipo...

This is getting a bit frustrating, my Velo 50's seemed to have never missed a beat with anything mechanical. This 90 on the other hand seems to keep rearing its ugly head... I'm so close to ditching this thing and picking up another 90 size bird, but for some strange reason I really want to get it flying right and 100% reliable....

Anyone else broke the coupler after a few starts?
eric cartman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2011, 12:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As much as I loved my V90, and was envied at the flying field, all the problems I had with it drove me to selling it. Pity, as it really has presence. I had the coupler break, plus many other frustrating issues.
knysna4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2011, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Anyone else broke the coupler after a few starts?
By coupler do you mean the shaft that connects your starter to the clutch bell?

Having starting issues and trying to diagnose
devens is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2011, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I agree, it is a nice looking machine. I've had my share of issues also. Considering selling mine too.
goldwing1957 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Could you show a picture? Cracked in half? Sorry to hear it but I am just surprised. I picked up a V90 and have had no real issues yet.
I did get a few of the upgraded parts ( such as the motor mount, new fan housing ...). Other than that I did not have to make any changes.
Old 11-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Old coupler is in the trash. I haven't had any issues with the newly "upgraded" one, knock on wood.

I've had pretty decent luck out of it as of late, although I'm still fighting a reeeealy noisy gear train that I've been able to quiet down to some extent with a few gear changes trying to find the right combination. I'm hoping these new 'black' gears that are coming out will resolve this issue once and for all.
eric cartman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in