Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One)

DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) DJI Heli Autopilot System(Naza-H/WooKong-H/Ace One) Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 AM   #361 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkman View Post
Guys I had another guick test flight today and it was unsuccessful. At least no damage was done. I won't be able to look at it for a couple of days at least so I'm hoping someone can point out something I may have overlooked. I have done all the reading on all the posts so maybe I have information overload or something and need to get away from it.
Before putting the RJX head on and the Naza the heli flew perfectly with the FB so it is not the heli. Just as it take off it vibrates very bad and I have to land it. I went through all the settings etc and all seems ok. The swash moves as it should when I tilt the heli and besides I don't think it would get off the ground if anything was reversed there. I did reduce the FBL gains to 80% and the rate to 180.
Thanks guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nz4_fRR8xvw

PS the field may look like a bomb site because it would used for halloween fire. I had not got time to go to my usual spots!

Edit: this is not my first FBL setup. When it was a 600 ( it is a stretched 700 now) I had the BlackWidow gyro on it but I ended up putting that gyro on my 450 ages ago and put back on the FB head.
TOTAL stab-in-the-dark here ... I'm a HC3SX flier, and my HC3SX will pretty much do that if the head gain is set too high.

The figures may or not be comparible, but if mine is set anywhere above 70 I see that if taking off on a hard surface.

Might be as simple as lowering the gain a bit. Incidentally, I'm able to power-through mine; once it's off the ground it's fine (not recommending, just saying!).
ColinSouthern is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 03:29 AM   #362 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for your reply ColinSouthern. I woke up this morning and I think I solved it but if not I will lower the gain a bit more. I think the blades are too loose. I know the usual rule...hold the heli with blade extended and they should stay put and give it a shake and they should drop. That's the way they are. But its the way it shaked it looked like loose blades and I am using nylon washers with the blades as the grips are 14mm and and blades are 12mm so maybe they are a bit loose and the heli is heavy (12S) and the blades are also heavy ( 215g Spin semi's). I will thighten them up and if that does not work lower the gain and if that does not work just put back on the bloody FB head!
Thanks again
Joe
Valkman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 AM   #363 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still the same
I tightened the blades up and still the same. I reduced the gain down to 60 and still the same.
It's raining here again so Ill have another look at it again.

I might try reducing the cyclic pitch range next. I have it at 8 degrees as suggested.
Old 02-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #364 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
Rob you have al lot more experience than I do with FC controls. I am making some suppositions on what DJI is trying to do. They do not always state that. The ATTI controls and GPS controls center the throttle at 50% for hover. That may pitch or throttle or both.
Just trying to bring some clarity to the situation. I haven't seen any evidence to suggest they are changing the throttle output in any way. My understanding is that in Manual, the throttle is straight pass-through. In GPS or Atti, it simply locks in to what the throttle was when you came out of Manaul, and holds it. As Titus says.

This is a very simple approach. It would work fine if you are using a governor, but it would probably be not great if you're not using a governor, because the throttle is locked. It's like having a flat throttle curve with no governor. Blade speed will rise and fall. Realistically, it's probably not a huge deal considering the type of flying you are doing in these modes. It's not like you'll be doing 3D.

But generally, I just recommend people to use a governor mode, then you don't have to worry about it.

They must be controlling the collective pitch to hold altitude, not headspeed. That just wouldn't make any sense.

Former Managing Director of Maxxum Robotics Inc.
R_Lefebvre is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #365 (permalink)
Registered Users

Success!! After reducing the cyclic pitch to 6 degrees it works fine and I got my first hover. The tail seems to hold very well but I did have to add forward cyclic to keep it in the hover. I hope the auto trim will sort that which I am going to try shortly.
Old 02-11-2013, 10:15 AM   #366 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI Naza-H GPS

Plus it wouldn't work particularly well with a governor function... And there's no advice about not running a governor.

But with DJI that's no proof of anything lol, they have some BIG holes in what they tell you.
Align T-Rex 600 EFL Pro, SK720/600MX/YGE-90HV/BL9180/BL9188
zeeflyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #367 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well done - congrats!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #368 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! I put the gain back up to 80% and it was really solid.
Now my ESC will not arm
It is a fairly new YEP120 bit pi$$ed of over it because all the effort to get this rig going and when I am finished this packs in on the Chinese new year so it will be another month lying up for a new one.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #369 (permalink)
Registered Users

I feel your pain. When ever I need a part you can practically guarantee that it'll be 5 minutes after the dealer closes on a Friday, and I'll have to wait until Monday for it to ship, so I get it on Tuesday.

I crashed a 450 Plus so bad I ended up buying a 450 Pro to get me going whilst they ordered "parts they've never had to order before" from Align -- I wasn't going to be grounded for a couple of months!
Old 02-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #370 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question

HI all I have a gaui 2x and the naza h gps I hear that the gps compass is to heavy on 2x can I just use everything else, and would the 2x be stable . or should I get other controller:? I dont want to get bigger heli yet. but if I can get by with naza h at least I can get some flying in ...OH I have a gaui 200 md 500 scale with 5 blades u think yhe gps would work on this? I know I should of done more research...
pert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 03:14 PM   #371 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkman View Post
Thanks! I put the gain back up to 80% and it was really solid.
Now my ESC will not arm
It is a fairly new YEP120 bit pi$$ed of over it because all the effort to get this rig going and when I am finished this packs in on the Chinese new year so it will be another month lying up for a new one.
Try reversering your throttle before you buy a new ESC, this has happened to me twice now for no apprent reason even though it looks right in the assistant.
lrrace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 03:27 PM   #372 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI Naza-H GPS

I highly doubt the weight is a big issue... The unit is very light.

The main problem is that you need to keep it clear of electronics do you don't interfere with the magnetometer. On smaller heli's it's just not really possible to get the recommended clearance.

I believe that us the main reason why they don't recommend it for small heli's.
Old 02-11-2013, 04:50 PM   #373 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question is 10 cm to close?

how far dose it have to be from any magnetic field the most I can get is 10 cm from rear servo and 10 cm from tail if I move motor to the front it mite help u think? change nuts on tail so there not mag. 10 cm is the most room I have. but if I cant use gps thingy , IM wondering if I could use the rest of the kit and would it stil be stable please help this fool
pert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 05:03 PM   #374 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DJI Naza-H GPS

I think they say minimum of 20cm from the tail servo but I'm not at home so can't check - perhaps someone else can confirm.

It will work without GPS but you won't have position holding, only manual and Atti (the latter being a sort of self stabilising mode that behaves more like a co-axial).
Old 02-11-2013, 08:21 PM   #375 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 20 cm from the the tail servo is correct according to the quick start guide.

Trex 500CF - Trex 600ESP
Futaba T8FG
gpbill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 03:44 AM   #376 (permalink)
Registered Users

Irrace....I already tried that and I also tried it with another RX. I ordered one with a buddy code and it works out 65 euro to my door the only issue is the wait. After doing a lot of looking it seems the only one that has issues with it was me ( ! ) so I ordered another one. To be honest it was a bit tempermental from the word go. It was a bugger to get to program for a start. Id keep plugging in and out the programming card to get it to go into programming mode. Then the last few flights I had to keep pluggin in and out the power cables to get it to initilize. Im glad it did not die in the air I suppose I should be happy for that. Man and it flew so nice and smooth/solid dam it anyway
Old 02-12-2013, 11:16 AM   #377 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like it is bad, just hoping there was a chance you might have had the same problem I did. I have the Naza mounted on a 600 Pro and it seems to fly really nice.

Good luck,

L
lrrace is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 07:41 PM   #378 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I thought I would try to get a flight or two in before the sun when down... Besides, I couldn't resist the 42*F weather.

Anyhow, I waited for the Naza-H to acquire GPS, but it seemed to be taking longer than usual. Finally, I got down to one green blink, and started the heli in manual mode. Flying was ok in manual mode, but GPS flight was very troubling today. The heli would drift backwards and to the right (nose out, tail in). And it seemed that no matter what I did, GPS was not locking in as it usually did. I finally let the heli drift to where it wanted to go. And once there, it seemed to hold fairly well, but seemed to float a little. I finally managed to get the heli back into manual mode and carefully land.

I disconnected the power from the heli, and let it sit for a good 10 minutes or so, then powered it up again, this time in a slightly different location... About 50 south. Again,I acquired GPS, then, I started up in manual mode, and switched over to GPS mode. I flew a very slow and large clockwise circle, then a figure eight. Upon coming out of the figure eight, the heli seemed to be really difficult to control, even while in GPS mode. I finally regained control, and went to land the heli. Again, I was dealing with what seemed to be severe drifting to the right and back, and it took quite a feat to get the heli out of GPS mode and back into manual, which nearly resulted in a crash.

So... My questions for tonight are... Even though the Naza-H seemed to acquire GPS signals, it seems to me I've heard somewhere that GPS satellites have alignment issues themselves... I don't know if that's physically, or because of the Earth tilting or what... I would appreciate some expert advice on this matter.

Also, with the way the heli flew tonight, it makes me wonder if I should re calibrate the GPS unit again. I did put a small offset for the Atti. drift... But was unable to truly confirm this tonight with the drifting problems I had. Any help or comments appreciated...

Edit / Update: I recalibrated the GPS and auto-trimmed the heli again today. Despite a good gusty breeze, the heli was able to hold its position a lot better today with no drifting. The heli was a little wobbly from making constant corrections in the wind, which was to be expected. I think now that I have a good result, I'm going to upload my settings and save them.

Last edited by NexxuSix; 02-14-2013 at 04:54 PM..
NexxuSix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2013, 07:55 PM   #379 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by NexxuSix View Post
...Upon coming out of the figure eight, the heli seemed to be really difficult to control, even while in GPS mode. I finally regained control, and went to land the heli. Again, I was dealing with what seemed to be severe drifting to the right and back, and it took quite a feat to get the heli out of GPS mode and back into manual, which nearly resulted in a crash......
I had a similar issue, it happend twice, as I was pulling out of a right hand banking turn, it seemed hard to control as well for a few seconds, that's why I borought it down the second time. Both times on camera, once gopro and once fpv downfeed see the video this was from my thread https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=495085&page=2

.......Just finished this video, they are taken 1 day apart. You can see at about 3 seconds there is a small tilt to the left followed by a larger tilt to the right. probably could have kept flying in the second video but it was heading for the parking lot with my vehicle and a big steel trailer. figured it was better to drop it in the bushes, once I reagian full control I tried to pull up but in GPS ATTI mode (and ATTI mode) it is very slugish to user inputs.

https://vimeo.com/58674115
Pasword: rex550

Last edited by StraightUp; 02-13-2013 at 07:56 PM.. Reason: added more info
StraightUp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #380 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does anyone know if the GPS module for the M model will work with the H model gyro?

Gh
goodhunting is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in