Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 08:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 690SX max head speed and pitch

There is a yellow sheet of paper that came with my 690sx stating that the max head speed and max pitch should be less than 2000 and +-11 degree respectively. Can this heli take more than that?
benben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2014, 03:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

the Heli can not more. When you will more Pitch,then you risk a free wheel broke.
Florian_S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2014, 05:23 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

My 550sx manual says it has a limit of 12 degrees but I've been running 13+ without issue for over 200 flights. They tend to be conservative with specs so as not to put out a product that can fail under normal use, and normal for this model is hard 3D.

Once we have more pilots banging on production kits under real-world conditions it will be easier to say with confidence whether or not the machine can tolerate more pitch. I will not be running less than 13 degrees on mine.
Old 07-01-2014, 07:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Definitely interested on the latest on this one. Does Mr. Florian have some inside info on this one? I'm guessing "free wheel broke" means trashed OWB. I was actually ready to maiden my 690SX today but hesitated after the "don't fly e-mail". I guess I'll wait for a few more details about the recall cause I'm in no hurry. Mikado DE told me 14 days for a solution. I have no problem with the 2000 HS especially after seeing Kyle's video. I wonder what his pitch was. I did discover after shooting for my normal 13 degree set-up that the slider in my Vcontrol topped out at about 12.5 degrees max.
It's All Good
Old 07-01-2014, 07:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technoman View Post
I did discover after shooting for my normal 13 degree set-up that the slider in my Vcontrol topped out at about 12.5 degrees max.
With servo arms set per manual and swash centered, I'm able to go beyond a useable pitch range with the VControl collective sliders. You may have something artificially limiting your travel?
Old 07-01-2014, 08:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just measured everything up per manual and did the 90 degree visual on the servo arms and went for the pitch adjustment. Seems like geometry was the limiting factor because plus and minus the pitch was real close. Anyhow, the big question is what are we going to fly this bird at as far as pitch. And..I really want to know what pitch Kyle used in the video..LOL..... I did use the middle holes on the Mikado arms...
Cheers,Scott

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in