Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

I charged 6 lipos today and tomorrow I'll try to tune my 500E DFC if the wind will stop, during these days was more than 25kmh (I'm already regretting my flybar head) LOL
andrea_farins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2016, 10:45 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flew two quick flights before the sun went down earlier. Also 3 on my Blade 450.

I need to do some tuning on the SK 540. Tail whips around way too fast for my liking and the aileron feels too twitchy.

A little here a little there. At 2800 this baby is like a little speed heli! Honestly feels faster than my Goblin 630

-Markus
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2016, 11:35 AM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Drove mine into the ground today. Dumb thumbs got me and I feel like I got a prostate exam. All I wanted to do was bring it in for a pack change like I have done so many times before. Broke two servo arms and ruined one main blade. Also bent a skid pipe. A check of the shafts reveled nothing bent there though.
I guess I got lucky.
Pete
Old 05-01-2016, 01:06 PM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrench567 View Post
Drove mine into the ground today. Dumb thumbs got me and I feel like I got a prostate exam. All I wanted to do was bring it in for a pack change like I have done so many times before. Broke two servo arms and ruined one main blade. Also bent a skid pipe. A check of the shafts reveled nothing bent there though.
I guess I got lucky.
Pete

These suckers crash like tanks!

-Markus
* G700c BRAIN2 * T-rex 500 *308DUO *450x #429
Relisys190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2016, 07:55 PM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

I.got two flights on mine this morning before work . I needed some rc my work has me stressed. She flew well. It sure does make a driffrent sound while doing side rolls/flips. Need get some video and I need get a tach and see what it's doing. Only at 80%tc

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2016, 12:46 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
I.got two flights on mine this morning before work . I needed some rc my work has me stressed. She flew well. It sure does make a driffrent sound while doing side rolls/flips. Need get some video and I need get a tach and see what it's doing. Only at 80%tc
Wait, wha?! Last I knew, you were still in the market for a 500. Did you get one? Or was this your friend's 500?
Gladius is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2016, 03:42 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got rid of my Zeal tail blades and installed some Switch blades. The difference is definitely noticeable in a very positive way. I am looking forward to finish fine tuning it. I am excited to finally get it to fly good and gaining ground on fine tuning it. It has been a long road.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:02 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Last weekend flew my 500l about 10 packs. Funny even though I had my 600l dominator and 700 e7se, flew the 500l mostly trying out new stuff from the sim.

Just love the way she flies at 2900 hs.

Last flight was doing fast inverted funnels clockwise and just as it rounded out in front of me had a battery de solder.

Somehow the heli remained controllable and whilst I was losing headspeed managed to roll it to upright and auto it from about 5 metres up to ground.

Landing was a bit hard but got away with broken skids only.

Checked her out, resoldered battery lead. Replaced landing struts. She was due for a main shaft bearing rekit so did that also.

Had a little slop develop over time in blade grips, shimmed it out with another 0.1mm 6mm shim. She is ready again for this coming weekend

Synergy E7se - MSH Brain / CC Edge 120HV
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 09:23 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gladius View Post
Wait, wha?! Last I knew, you were still in the market for a 500. Did you get one? Or was this your friend's 500?
I finally got one, found another deal i just couldn't let go by me this time. I am loving it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solmanbandit View Post
I got rid of my Zeal tail blades and installed some Switch blades. The difference is definitely noticeable in a very positive way. I am looking forward to finish fine tuning it. I am excited to finally get it to fly good and gaining ground on fine tuning it. It has been a long road.
hate to see this, as i have some brand new zeal blades i ordered when they were having a sale few weeks ago. not installed them yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabl74 View Post
Last weekend flew my 500l about 10 packs. Funny even though I had my 600l dominator and 700 e7se, flew the 500l mostly trying out new stuff from the sim.

Just love the way she flies at 2900 hs.

Last flight was doing fast inverted funnels clockwise and just as it rounded out in front of me had a battery de solder.

Somehow the heli remained controllable and whilst I was losing headspeed managed to roll it to upright and auto it from about 5 metres up to ground.

Landing was a bit hard but got away with broken skids only.

Checked her out, resoldered battery lead. Replaced landing struts. She was due for a main shaft bearing rekit so did that also.

Had a little slop develop over time in blade grips, shimmed it out with another 0.1mm 6mm shim. She is ready again for this coming weekend

wow sounds like you got very lucky. nice.
i thought i had the tail issue on mine fixed but guess not. i was flying i guess a little hard yesterday faster backwards funnels and the tail is still kicking like 45-90 degree with me. not sure what to do next.,

Old 05-03-2016, 12:41 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
hate to see this, as i have some brand new zeal blades i ordered when they were having a sale few weeks ago. not installed them yet.
You think you hate that, go to the Zeal sub forum. Lots of love being given to Zeal.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:31 PM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have zeal on my 450 there fine.

Old 05-03-2016, 03:56 PM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
wow sounds like you got very lucky. nice.
i thought i had the tail issue on mine fixed but guess not. i was flying i guess a little hard yesterday faster backwards funnels and the tail is still kicking like 45-90 degree with me. not sure what to do next.,

Yes I was considering I had no backup guard etc. I still don't understand how i was able to control her in as I presume that if i lost power momentarily my gyro would take some time to reinitialise.

Anyways I've fitted her out with a scorpion back up guard now to take luck out of the equation.

Your tail kicking out could be a number of things
-Head speed / tail authority
-Overall gain
-I gain

You Need To Work at tweaking these
Overall gain needs to be set at a point just below setting causing tail wag. Then increase your I gain slowly. You'll know you've gone to far when you're tail starts slowly oscillating
Synergy E7se - MSH Brain / CC Edge 120HV
nabl74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2016, 09:06 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabl74 View Post
Yes I was considering I had no backup guard etc. I still don't understand how i was able to control her in as I presume that if i lost power momentarily my gyro would take some time to reinitialise.

Anyways I've fitted her out with a scorpion back up guard now to take luck out of the equation.

Your tail kicking out could be a number of things
-Head speed / tail authority
-Overall gain
-I gain

You Need To Work at tweaking these
Overall gain needs to be set at a point just below setting causing tail wag. Then increase your I gain slowly. You'll know you've gone to far when you're tail starts slowly oscillating
Yeah I would like something on mine but not sure what. even tho i dont know how to do autos, i feel i have a better chance if i just lost motor then to loose everything.
thanks for the advice on my tail. My chart is in my tx box, not sure what I menu is. your talking in the parameter menu? ive never tweaked those at all. only my main gryo gain on the tx.

Old 05-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fire fire

Turned on tx installed battery waited for heli to initalize, installed canopy , flipped hold switch heard a loud squelch and puff heli starting smoking and caught on fire! Got fire out and removed esc which was too hot to handle!!!! First time I had an esc fire. I was running the stock align esc in my trex 500e. But don't know if I want another! Anyone have a suggestion for a different esc? TY in advance
technut is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by technut View Post
Turned on tx installed battery waited for heli to initalize, installed canopy , flipped hold switch heard a loud squelch and puff heli starting smoking and caught on fire! Got fire out and removed esc which was too hot to handle!!!! First time I had an esc fire. I was running the stock align esc in my trex 500e. But don't know if I want another! Anyone have a suggestion for a different esc? TY in advance
I fried mine, same stock align 70A, few weeks back, there aren't good. I have a yep/rotorstar 80A and I'm happy with it, the governor is nice, my choice is rotorstar 80A or hobbywing 100A V3
andrea_farins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2016, 04:06 PM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

TY I will look into that!!
Old 05-08-2016, 04:40 PM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh wow.. I had the wires on my motor of a 450 smoke one time it was not fun I freaked out got on the ground fast..Motor wires were brunt.. I wonder why yours did that just by flipping off TH do you start it in stunt mode?

Old 05-08-2016, 04:42 PM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, I just yesterday set it to a 85% flat throttle curve. Did fine then...

Last edited by technut; 05-08-2016 at 04:50 PM.. Reason: Left out some words
Old 05-08-2016, 10:51 PM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by technut View Post
No, I just yesterday set it to a 85% flat throttle curve. Did fine then...
oh darn.. i have mine at 80% TC finally tach the head otherday. it was at 2550. zero pitch.. not sure what 100% would be at. i think i have read 2900 is the max safe with some blades. I think someone said 2600 on aligns and that is what is on mine.

Old 05-09-2016, 11:11 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have run 2800 on align 3G blades for long time, tons of flites not one issue

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
kiosk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in