Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics

Futaba Radios and Electronics Futaba Radios, Gyros, Servos, Etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2015, 06:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Multi Mode Vs 7 channel mode -R6303SB

Is there any difference in speed between Multi mode and 7 channel mode?

Leads me on to my next question. I have a 12FG radio and R6303SB which I intend to connect to a vbar using SBUS. Tx configured in MM. I want to connect to the kontronic esc to a seperate channel on the Rx. The 6303sb has 3 seperate channels 1- 3. ---- 1 & 2 can be set to different channels, except for 6 which is my throttle CH. Port 3 is fixed and cant be changed from CH 3.

What should I do? I could change the radio mode to "7 channel", this would make the throttle CH 3, which could then be put into port 3, or leave in MM and reassign my throttle channel to say 7 or 8 which can be assigned to ports 1 or 2.
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2015, 09:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I thought that you had to run multi-mode with the R6303BS. The 7-channel mode is for the older Futaba 7-channel receivers.

What are you flying? That receiver is mostly intended for Sbus use where you get all 12 channels (or whatever the transmitter puts out) out through the Sbus port.

If you need more channels to run servos you can use a Sbus decoder. I use the FrSky decoder because the one from Futaba is crazy way overprices. With Futaba you get 3 extra channels for $57.99. With FrSky you get 4 extra channels for $11.25.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZKA6&P=ML
https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-sbus-...with-pins.html

RC Mike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2015, 10:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Mike View Post
I thought that you had to run multi-mode with the R6303BS. The 7-channel mode is for the older Futaba 7-channel receivers.

What are you flying? That receiver is mostly intended for Sbus use where you get all 12 channels (or whatever the transmitter puts out) out through the Sbus port.

If you need more channels to run servos you can use a Sbus decoder. I use the FrSky decoder because the one from Futaba is crazy way overprices. With Futaba you get 3 extra channels for $57.99. With FrSky you get 4 extra channels for $11.25.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXZKA6&P=ML
https://alofthobbies.com/frsky-sbus-...with-pins.html

Hi Mike, the instructions say it can run in 7ch mode. I'm going to use it on a Logo 550sx. I'm sure I read somewhere that 7ch mode was quicker than MM, maybe I didn't.

I could use the governor on the vbar, then all I need is the sbus link, however I was going to use the esc instead, so for that I need a link from a CH to the esc. In MM CH6 is for throttle, CH6 is not an option for ports 1-3, CH 7 and 8 is. So should I just reconfigure my throttle CH to 7 or 8 ? or in 7ch mode the throttle is CH3, so could use port 3.
Old 11-16-2015, 10:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey duc,

I believe that you already have this sorted-out (?) but, if not ;

Be sure to link your R6303SB RX. in HRS mode (both red and green leds flashing) this will give you the lowest latency (6.8ms) then, power-down.
Power-up and link to your T14SG TX. (using MULTI selection in the TX.).

Once you have done this select the correct port on the R6303SB for use with S-Bus connection and connect to your vbar with a single servo type cable (I use one-of the serial-links from my vbar kit (male-plug(s) on both ends)).

All your other cables should plug-into your vbar unit in the appropriate channels for each.

Then you will need to select Futaba S-Bus for the type-of RX. in your vbar programming (be sure to disconnect (2) of your motor wires before powering-up when using the Jive esc).

You should end-up with a nice / clean 1-wire S-Bus connection to your vbar

Futaba 14SGH FASST / FASSTest

Last edited by HilliHeli; 11-19-2015 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Clarified instructions
HilliHeli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2015, 11:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Duc, I have the same TX and RX. I have used the 6203SB both ways, 7ch and MM. In each instance though, I have configured my throttle channel to be Channel 3. This is for my own brain to be as standard with my configurations as possible. I swap channels in the TX as necessary to utilize Channel 3 for throttle, and then setup my FBLs (uBrains) spec to set Channel 3 as throttle.

Good luck! Steve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in