Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question heli vibration problem need help

i hav an erazor 450 and i hav replaced the flybar main shaft main gear pinion nd fethering shaft and i still seem to hav a vibration from something and im pretty much lost i cant figure it out doesn anybody have any ideas whats causeing it help help help
bioactive23 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2011, 06:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have you check your blades pitch?
Dampeners?
Servo links?
Main rotor head?
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2011, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dose it vibrate with the blades off?
srt4tom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2011, 06:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

have you replaced the tail shaft? I had a really bad vibration a couple days ago and then i noticed that the tail shaft was bent considerably, enought to see it with the whole tail assembly on the tail shaft. You should replace the tail shaft if you havent already.Spool up with out the main and tail blades on too because might be unbalanced blades.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan Hudock View Post
have you replaced the tail shaft? I had a really bad vibration a couple days ago and then i noticed that the tail shaft was bent considerably, enought to see it with the whole tail assembly on the tail shaft. You should replace the tail shaft if you havent already.Spool up with out the main and tail blades on too because might be unbalanced blades.

Dude!! that's just not right, telling someone to replace something that you haven't even determind that's it's the problem.

Last edited by srt4tom; 10-17-2011 at 03:53 PM..
srt4tom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2011, 09:47 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail shaft was the only thing that he didnt list that he had checked. I only told him he maybe should replace the tail shaft or atleast check it because that was causing me a bad vibration other day and that could maybe fix his vibration problem.
Old 06-19-2015, 03:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounded reasonable to me!!!
Michael bacon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good luck finding parts for that thing...

(I.Y.A.O.Y.A.S.)
alyon187 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2015, 04:53 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My Hughes 500 Vibrated like crazy when I spooled it up the other day. I've stripped it and checked... knackered bearings on the tail, so I replaced them... just spun it up on the bench, checked all again... knackered bearings in the tail box again!

I had a glass of port last night, and while tinkering, I spooled up, blades off, under fluorescent light... I got a bent tail shaft! Need to change that at the very least and then maybe it'll stop eating bearings!!

Another thing though, is that the motor doesn't spin up the same every time??? I have no idea what that is yet... almost like it only spins to 75% one time... shut down and re-spool gives 100%

Think this one is a Friday afternoon built heli! All sorts of bits changed and I haven't flown it in anger yet either.

Getting there slowly though
Old 07-17-2015, 05:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is also plenty of opportunity for binding in a Flybar head. Make sure you don't have any binding anywhere in the head.

Since you replaced the feathering shaft, I would probably start by checking the main blade grips.

Also, since you changed the main shaft, you should make sure everything is level at mid stick and the endpoints.

I also agree that you should check the tail rotor shaft. I have bent these from a rough landing on skids. No tip over or anything and the tail rotor bent.
Oxy 2, Gaui X3 #1, Protos 380, Gaui X5, Synergy 766, Specter 700
Oxy 2/X3/Protos 380/X5/766/Specter 700 Consecutive Successful Flights (Current) = 32/16/12/145/7/50
Consecutive Successful Flights (Max) = 145
macdad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2015, 11:07 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Being a flybar head the flybar needs to be exactly centered in the cage and the paddles need to be the same distance from the cage or you will have vibes. A slightly bent tail shaft will also induce vibes that can be hard to locate unless you are looking specifically for this cause.
When chasing the illusive vibe diagnose on the bench with no blades and start removing rotating parts until you find the culprit, just remember it could be the bearing this part is turning on.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2015, 01:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

One other thing that often gets overlooked in troubleshooting vibrations is the pinion to main gear adjustment. If it's too tight it could also lead to vibrations. Too loose and you could strip the gear. Check that the clearance between the two gears is sufficient to pull a piece of paper through without binding.

Highspeed
Highspeed1964 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in