Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flight Stabilization

Flight Stabilization Flight Stabilization

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2012, 12:25 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The new one looks really nice and neat. But I'm too lazy to swap my old one out. Would have to re-route my wire and stuff.
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2012, 11:09 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is already in and looks pretty clean so I hate to fool with it. I've found an 1800mA 3 cell in my battery box that is only slightly larger than the flight pack I have and just over an ounce and a half heavier. I'll see if I can get the heli balanced with it on board before changing the BEC.
Sure glad wondered brought up the voltage requirements. I was just looking at the output voltage and thinking I was good to go.

Trex 500CF - Trex 600ESP
Futaba T8FG
gpbill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 12:30 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I was thinking of using a LIFE pack instead of LIPO without the BEC..
I have no life anymore - only heli's in my head..
wonderd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the opportunity to take the heli to the back yard between showers yesterday for the first test flight. Didn't get to fly it.

I'll share why just so others don't go through the aggravation. After doing the GPS calibration and pre flight checks, every time I would flip the throttle hold switch, the blessed heli would start to spool up with out any stick input. Most folks would probably see the error of their ways quickly but in a senior moment that lasted most of the day, I finally realised I had not set up the Castle ESC to see the transmitter throttle end points after I had set up a new model in the TX.

Trex 500CF - Trex 600ESP
Futaba T8FG
gpbill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2012, 05:18 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just finished installing a new Naza H on my Trex-500 ESP and couldn't be happier! After a bit of minor tuning it flies really nice in manual mode and is rock solid in ATTI and ATTI GPS mode.

As for bailout, I just finished my first round of fast forward flight. If I fly in manual mode, get the heli moving fairly fast in forward flight and flip the switch that puts it in GPS mode it stops pretty darn quick and locks in place. I'm not sure what people mean when they say it doesn't support bailout. Maybe other systems stop quicker?

Aaron
Aaron Hartwell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in