Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2014, 10:32 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default STock motor & Castle settings ..GAIN ??

hi anybody using stock motor and castle esc if u could just post the settings u use for 3d flight ...currently am using stock motor 18t pinion and governor castle 3300 rpm ...gov gain 20 ...but i still dont flnd enough punch .i dont want to switch to a scorpion just yet so if u could share ur settings would be great
livedemon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2014, 06:46 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: STock motor & Castle settings ..GAIN ??

How much pitch are you running?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk
Tachead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Old 04-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are targeting 3300 hs, I would recommend running it on 17T. Your motor will be running more efficiently, particularly in normal and IU1 as well. The castle software will give you warning that you are running to high, but as I've come to learn through another thread, and experimentation, that it actually performs quite well in the 90%. The other key is that for your normal and IU1 you will likely be above 70% which CC ESC's prefer as well.

By the way, if you are choosing 3300 because that's what you fly on other 450's, you will find that the warp performs great at lower headspeeds and 3200 is a great headspeed for this heli, in which case, the 17T is definitely a better choice.

If you are using 18T, Governor high, a fully charged LiPo and a tach to set your 3300rpm, you are likely getting 3300 somewhere between 73-78% throttle. If you are not taching and simply setting throttle to 85%, your are likely running a headspeed at 3760 at the start of flight, going down to 3300 at the end of flight and likely bogging. If you are firm on using 18T, try using Set RPM instead and you will find the HS stays more consistent throughout. If you use 17T, you can set your throttle to 85% on IU2.
Old 04-21-2014, 10:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi thanks for the info I am using set rpm ...3300 but it does not feel snappy and tends to bog on aileron tic tocks...on hitting full positive also it does not pull up fast u can hear the rpm drop ...almost missed hitting the ground once upright and the other inverted ...constant flipping also causes bog ...agility on vbar is 116 still is not very high ...still the bog or else I think I'll go back to 16t and run flat 100 getting 3400 rpm I guess ...
Old 04-21-2014, 11:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

3400 on 16T will bog for sure. I would definitely not recommend that. For 3400, you should run 18T. You may be able to get away with 17T, but definitely not 16T.

basically,
16T max HS target is 3100 (can maybe stretch to 3200), min HS target should be 2500
17T max HS target is 3200 (stretch to 3300), min HS target should be 2600
18T max HS target is 3300 (stretch to 3400), min HS target should be 2700

As for the bogging, you may need to play with some of the timing settings of the ESC. This part I am not as familiar with as my flying skill is not at the 3D flyer level, so I don't get too much bogging. I do flips, rolls, inverted and elevator tic tocs running at 3200 on IU2 with 17T and don't have any issues.

What blades are you using? While I have, use, and like the stock compass blades, I found them to be great for stability and decent for flying I ,mentioned above. I have not tried them on typical FBL style blades yet but will likely over the next couple of days. Blades can also play a role in the bogging you are experiencing.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

spinblades 350mm red tip alot of guys use them n i love them but i think its the motor esc ...
Old 04-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take my YEP and test it out . I Believe Governor will hold better.
dhruvafreak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2014, 09:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

i doubt i think i will play wiht vbar and c or then get a scorpion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in