Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System

Thunder Tiger GT5 FBL System Thunder Tiger GT5 Flybarless Electronics

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2012, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cool !

Wow, got my new ESC so could finally power this thing. Makes more sense when you see how the menus are laid out. Amazing looking , easy to use ?, though I dare say i will have some dumb questions coming.
mrultralite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 08:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm sure you will find the GT5 very intuitive if you are experienced at setting up other FBL systems. You will find spelling errors in both the manual and in the display like "hoover" instead of hover and "booth" instead of both. Enjoy it. It really does fly well.

I was pushing my 700N so hard with the GT5 I broke the clutch.
rexxigpilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2012, 09:17 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

OK now i have this thing i think i can narrow my remaining questions ;

- under swashplate menu it says ,set atv to 100 in Tx [ail,ele,,etc] . Do they mean in travel adjust? or swash mix or D/R?

- is 'total gain' composed of what? P [swash] /P[tail] ?. or P /I ? or some thing else?

- i take it that i can adjust 'expo' in the stick menu or on the TX , no default is given for the GT5 option [0-127] , though from the example sheet included zero seems to do.?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrultralite View Post
OK now i have this thing i think i can narrow my remaining questions ;

- under swashplate menu it says ,set atv to 100 in Tx [ail,ele,,etc] . Do they mean in travel adjust? or swash mix or D/R?

- is 'total gain' composed of what? P [swash] /P[tail] ?. or P /I ? or some thing else?

- i take it that i can adjust 'expo' in the stick menu or on the TX , no default is given for the GT5 option [0-127] , though from the example sheet included zero seems to do.?
1.) ATV - travel endpoints.
2.) Total gain is multiplier.
3.) At first try 20%.
swalko is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2012, 11:09 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

''2.) Total gain is multiplier''

so theres no way to adjust it except by changing individual parameters, correct?

ATV , again ,yes thats end points, but theres nothing labeled 'end points' in my Tx, google search turned up ATV = travel adjust ,my bad.

Thanks for your patience, i find i can understand things when they are clearly labeled!
Old 02-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is my beef with the "manual" right here;

" total gain means the gain of the tail and the swashplate. It is a quick way to change both gains........."

Then that's all it says, nothing about where in the menus too change it . Later there is something about using an "aux" ...???? Switch on the Tx , but I've just made all the GT5 settings for one channel , where would I input another list of settings or change the total gain as there is no menu item for that (back to the original problem . There are individual gains on the Tx , change them all from 100 ?

The rest of it makes sense.
Old 02-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
''2.) Total gain is multiplier''

so theres no way to adjust it except by changing individual parameters, correct?

ATV , again ,yes thats end points, but theres nothing labeled 'end points' in my Tx, google search turned up ATV = travel adjust ,my bad.

Thanks for your patience, i find i can understand things when they are clearly labeled!
You may change total gain through TX channel.

Yes, ATV = travels.
Old 02-02-2012, 01:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
This is my beef with the "manual" right here;

" total gain means the gain of the tail and the swashplate. It is a quick way to change both gains........."

Then that's all it says, nothing about where in the menus too change it . Later there is something about using an "aux" ...???? Switch on the Tx , but I've just made all the GT5 settings for one channel , where would I input another list of settings or change the total gain as there is no menu item for that (back to the original problem . There are individual gains on the Tx , change them all from 100 ?

The rest of it makes sense.
G-T5 use only one channel of your radio for cyclic and tail gain = total gain. If you set total gain to 80, then it is 80% for cyclic and 80% for tail.
Old 02-02-2012, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which Tx channel?
Old 02-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

HAHA , Swalko. i think you are having me on ! I know i have a memory span of a gnat thanks to too much internet, but at least i know how to straighten out the TT Manual.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in