Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger Electric Helis > Titan X50E

Titan X50E Thunder Tiger Titan X50E Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2013, 08:59 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Another thing I've found online but not sure of the accuracy of the method !

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xae7ggtH0M[/ame]
Flydynamics is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

This shims look good:

XRAY Washer 7x10x0.5mm (10)
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-7x10x05mm-10

you can do fine adjustments.
stiganas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The heli is pretty dialed in now. Very happy with the performance so far. It has a very positive feel and responds well to the fast cyclic rates I like. The main reason I was interested in the model was the saddle pack arrangement, and I 'm happy to report elevator performance is top notch as a result (saddle pack has less pendulum effect). It has a very good piro steering feel, and is happy with a very aggressive setup.

The low disk loading is awesome. My flight times seem a bit better than my other 600 class models and the machine moves around quite easily. I really noticed the light loading in maneuvers like piro tic tocs where they are very effortless with this machine.

It's a keeper.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 06:02 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What ball spacing did you user on your servo horns? Do you remember your cyclic % number on the servo trim screen? Just wondering.
WessCo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 07:14 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WessCo View Post
What ball spacing did you user on your servo horns? Do you remember your cyclic % number on the servo trim screen? Just wondering.
I'm using the Align plastic servo wheels. Good for reducing damage in crashes. Using the inner hole on these. I think my cyclic was around 28% for 10.5 degrees.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Meant collective, but I can see it'll probably be low. I'm using about 9mm ball spacing.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

OntheSnap thx for your background, will you have, by any chance, something to weight your machine ?

I'm interested in this machine for the lay-out of the battery and the intelligent idea to have the ESC ventilated by the relative wind ..... and not hiden under the canopy without any air entry !...

Thx again Snap, difficult to find accurate feedbacks on this model.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:09 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a really crappy scale that I only use for relative comparison.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:15 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK well ... I'm not looking for any super precise weight to the gram but just a relative idea of the weight, I'm not a fan of the heavy 600 like we can now see at almost the weight of a 700 !
I think a light set up with battery should be around 4000g (8.82Lbs).
Again ... Thanks for reporting your flight impressions ... really helpful ...
Looking for a machine reliable, well thought, light ... obviously the X50E is spot on ?!...
Old 03-06-2013, 05:30 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I measured 8 lbs. 8 oz. I have a 3s 2200mah lipo running the Castle Pro BEC, so there could be a little weight lost there.

My setup is:
MSH Brain
Quantam 4125-560
Castle Creations Ice2 80HV
Align DS610's on cyclic
Savox 1290mg for tail
6s 3000mah 40C Sky Lipo x 2
Castle Creations Pro BEC
3s 220mah 40C Sky Lipo
Stock main blades and tail blades
Old 03-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Good News

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
The heli is pretty dialed in now. Very happy with the performance so far. It has a very positive feel and responds well to the fast cyclic rates I like. The main reason I was interested in the model was the saddle pack arrangement, and I 'm happy to report elevator performance is top notch as a result (saddle pack has less pendulum effect). It has a very good piro steering feel, and is happy with a very aggressive setup.

The low disk loading is awesome. My flight times seem a bit better than my other 600 class models and the machine moves around quite easily. I really noticed the light loading in maneuvers like piro tic tocs where they are very effortless with this machine.

It's a keeper.
Happy that you seem to like it.

aerosmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun34 View Post
OK well ... I'm not looking for any super precise weight to the gram but just a relative idea of the weight, I'm not a fan of the heavy 600 like we can now see at almost the weight of a 700 !
I think a light set up with battery should be around 4000g (8.82Lbs).
Again ... Thanks for reporting your flight impressions ... really helpful ...
Looking for a machine reliable, well thought, light ... obviously the X50E is spot on ?!...
It's a good half pound lighter than my Fusion50. 3/4 lb lighter than my E5 stretch. 1.5lb lighter than my old Goblin 630. About 1/4 lb lighter than my old logo 600.

Packs are easy to swap out. Best in class.

On the con side - lets face it, it's pretty damn ugly, parts seem only available at Tower Hobbies in the US, no break away tabs for the canopy, mod .8 main gear with no slant option. I have not heard of any stripping issues though so it's probably a stout gear. Very high profile rotor head, which looks a bit retro.

But overall it seems like the perfect practice platform, like the Fusion50 was, but without the stripping issues and a bit less weight. In my mind it seems like a sleeper hit. The retro design is probably killing its popularity. But probably a revamped canopy design would do wonders for it.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wessco, Snap,

Thanks for the weights ... I initially was extremely disapointed by the modulus choice but it seems to be very happy with even insane power setting.
1/2 Lbs lighter than a logo wow .. very interesting ... might try the X50E with 14S A123 pack ;-) to get rid of expensive LiPos, spend the money on A123 once then you can fly hundred times with no worry of discharge level ! + A123 don't burn easily !...

Snap I agree with you for the parts availability, Amainhobbies and Towerhobbies got them, infinity hobby has also parts.
For the design I kinda like it, the head being a bit high gives, like you said, a retro style I like, I love the fact that the boom is parallel to the disk not like Logo or other machines having kind of a weird look in the air (my 2 cents) ....

Well guys thax again, you helped me making a decision on this one.
Old 03-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun34 View Post
Wessco, Snap,

Thanks for the weights ... I initially was extremely disapointed by the modulus choice but it seems to be very happy with even insane power setting.
1/2 Lbs lighter than a logo wow .. very interesting ... might try the X50E with 14S A123 pack ;-) to get rid of expensive LiPos, spend the money on A123 once then you can fly hundred times with no worry of discharge level ! + A123 don't burn easily !...

Snap I agree with you for the parts availability, Amainhobbies and Towerhobbies got them, infinity hobby has also parts.
For the design I kinda like it, the head being a bit high gives, like you said, a retro style I like, I love the fact that the boom is parallel to the disk not like Logo or other machines having kind of a weird look in the air (my 2 cents) ....

Well guys thax again, you helped me making a decision on this one.
Amain and Infinity only carry the nitrox50 parts. Lots are probably common but many are not.

One more pro - Saddle packs produce the best piro steering feel and minimum pendulum effect IMO. Helis already have the problem of way more mass on the elevator vs aileron. Making aileron faster than elevator in stopping/starting performance. Saddle packs move more mass to the aileron and minimize length wise mass. This gives it a more symmetric feel and produces a very positive piro steering feel. This is what I loved about the Fusion. Since support for that model seems to be wilting, this is my replacement.

Some of the newer 700's use the same principle. Logo 700, x7, rush 750. The trade off is some added width, but designers using this approach usually like narrow stiff frames, and a narrow canopy cut above the packs. Seems like the best design approach to me.
Old 03-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're right about Infinity and Amain ..... Heliproz has some parts for the X50E.
I agree with the pendulum effect, if you can center ALL the masses close to the rotor shaft and very close to the disk you'll have a more symetrical feeling ... some different manufacturers tried to achieve this with some or no success ....
I think Thunder Tiger did his homework on the electric side with the ESC located in the relative wind, light but robust machine, no major issue, cool design (I think) ....
Will order mine ;-)
Old 03-07-2013, 02:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I put the extra shim in mine, but it made everything to tight. Took them out.
Where exactly did you put the shim?
helicopter1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-07-2013, 02:17 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Between the cup and dampner.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:43 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Between the cup and dampner.
Thanks. Can we just put one shim instead of 2 if the grips get too tight?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The stock build flies fine for me.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:11 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The stock build flies fine for me.
The grips are a little on the loose side for me and need a little stiffening.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in