Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 08:24 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally released. Now that makes it easy.
macrop is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2010, 12:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well thats kind of a bummer being I just bought the combo kit. Question though, what makes the Align 3G FBL electronics so subpar? Will it still suffice for normal, sport, and mild 3D flight?
Old 04-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should try the 3G and make up your own mind, I think if you are coming from flybar flying, then you will find it fine for normal and sport flying - 3D hard to say, as I don't do that, but from the youtube video's of the align pilots, it clearly can do that too.
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2010, 02:10 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think it's a matter of what you learned on, just like standard-shift vs auto-shift cars. If you've got significant hardcore 3D skills, it took you hundreds of flight hours to learn how to react to the flybar. I haven't tried FBL myself, but all of the non-pro people who I've talked with about their impression say it feels more "locked in" and some have said it's a bit more "simulator-like." The guys like Bert Kammerer may prefer flybar simply due to their intensive training on flybar.

Personally, I don't think I'm ready for FBL yet, because besides the cost, it's just another bit of electronic complexity that needs to be setup, tested and maintained.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:21 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMicroHelis View Post

All Align heli's has "always" been available without any electronics - why not the FBL?

Pete

??? I'm confused... I have not had every Align helo and got into the electrics with the 450SE but every Align helo I've bought has come with the motor and ESC and my 500ESP came with motor, ESC, and cyclic servos and my 600ESp came with the motor, ESC, BEC, BEC battery. Do you consider electronics to only be servos and gyro?

As for the OP, I do agree Align should consider a few different versions of each model.

Flybarred kit w/o any electronics (not even motor and ESC), a version with just motor and ESC, and a version with all electronics.

Then if they have the FBL version have it in the 3 versions....

I think Align looses alot of sales because they are selling just the full kit versions.
Evan D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2010, 09:33 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think Align spent a lot of money developing their 3G, so it's completely understandable they would market their kits with it included.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:52 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveMicroHelis View Post
All Align heli's has "always" been available without any electronics - why not the FBL?
All the recent ALign heli's I've been interested in (450pro/250/250se) came as super combo's first with all electronics - the bare kits didn't come out until several months later - clearly Align make more money on the all ins so they will sell them first, people who are keen will either use the align stuff, or sell it off and replace with their own anyway, so they know they aren't losing any real sales at all.

IMHO the people who whine are not serious buyers anyway.
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2010, 04:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb72 View Post
IMHO the people who whine are not serious buyers anyway.
Who is whining?

Pete
ILoveMicroHelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in