Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Esky F150 Scale Lama Review

This is a tiny 4-channel scale helicopter (just barely over 7 inches long, main rotor diameter 6 and 3/4 inches, about 2 and 3/4 inches tall). It is fixed pitch and has three non-retractable landing gear instead of a landing skid. It is very tiny and pretty and has the softest and least offensive motor sounds that I have encountered--this one actually doesn't sound like a dental tool.

The swashplate is worth noting because you can't actually see it--it's inside the scale fuselage. Pretty nice bit of designing, actually.

You can get a flight time of a little over five minutes on the battery. The battery charges from the included transmitter--not my favorite way of doing things, but it does work. Since the charging wire isn't permanently connected to the transmitter, be careful not to lose it.

Some 4-channel helicopters are very stable in the air...this one isn't, probably because it is just that tiny, and weighs almost nothing. Hovering it feels similar to hovering a Blade Nano...you need constant tiny corrections from the cyclic to hold the copter still in the air. So probably not a really good helicopter for beginners. Also the tail hold is not very solid--I don't think you'd be likely to be able to do much in the way of fancy flying on this little one.

The design is pretty robust...there is some crash survivability built into this little copter, in spite of it being scale. Which is a good thing---as I noted above, it would not be a particularly easy copter for a beginner to fly.

At a price range of $40 to $50, it's a fun if not very serious addition to my collection of rc helicopters.

And I do have to admit, it looks pretty cool, moving through the air. Very pretty little copter.

Last edited by Woodflute; 08-30-2014 at 10:59 PM..
Woodflute is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2014, 08:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was drooling over this a while ago. It's a scale model of the Bell 222 in Airwolf's colors, but sadly it is NOT Airwolf as it doesn't have The Ladie's width.
Other cool thing, is it has a bigger brother called the FB300 which is slightly larger than the MCPX helicopters.

Finally, the neatest thing I thought was that the tail-rotor is FINALLY on the correct side for scale! We've never had a tail-rotor on the left side before.
It's very tempting, but I wonder if the fuselage could be fitted on the Blade NCPX for a much better helicopter.
Old 12-12-2014, 01:44 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I have a Nano nCPX...I don't think you'd ever get the fuselage onto it. The Nano is bigger, taller, and the Esky has an internal swashplate that's inside the fuselage...the only one I've ever seen made that way, actually.

That said, I have seen people with fuselages for the Nano, but I'm not sure where they got them.

My main "scale" bird is a Red Bull 130x and I love it, so I've not had much reason to try to "scale" the Nano.
Woodflute is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2014, 08:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've got a Hughes 500 fuselage on my Dad's NCPX. It's from the Solo Pro micro FP helicopters and fits perfectly. I've posted a how-to-scale your Nano in the forums and others have followed suit. Perhaps that's what you've seen.
Old 03-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see not much interest in this toy,
anyway I bought one, it's a bargain for that price.
Very nice look, not pretending too much, but the best in this scale.
It's a pity not to have led's.
Dinamyc behaviour: just good for indoor hovering and very slow forward/sideward fly.
swash travel is minimal and if you get too much speed you cannot stop it !
Anyway a nice TOY to have for airwolf enthusiasts.
Make your little sons happy during an outside raining Sunday.
dado099 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in