Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Bergen R/C Helicopters

Bergen R/C Helicopters Bergen Intrepid 90 Intrepid Turbine Observer Industrial Twin Observer Turbine Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2013, 12:21 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Getting in a few paying AP projects and produced a short Demo-Reel from my exploits aloft:
[ame]http://youtu.be/iANtRUVgdTg[/ame]

Cletus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I'm on a video shoot, I got the cameraman on a separate PTZ remote and wearing the Fat Shark Goggles, so he's fully immersed in the downstream video and I am peering into my 7" tripod-mounted video monitor.
Usually the client would have two or three people along on the shoot and low and behold, they are competing with me for viewing-space on my 7" monitor ....very distracting, especially the hot ladies .....right there, in my face
So I just picked-up this bad-boy for $110.00 from Amazon:

Picture shown is from the FPV cam on my Quad (Ardupilot)

Make/Model: NAXA NT-1506
Display: 15.5" LED
Power: 115vac / 12Vdc, 36W
Resolution: 1366x768
Aspect-ratio: 16:9
Signal Inputs: Digital/analog tuner, USB, PC, HDMI, Composite Video, Audio
Signal Outputs: Composite Video, Audio
Other features: Remote control and switchable Blue-screen / Static.

Last edited by Cletus; 06-07-2013 at 06:23 AM..
Old 06-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #243 (permalink)
Registered Users

Next phase of this project may be Thermal Imaging. Got an industrial inquiry for us doing monthly, ongoing aerial thermal inspections.
Looking at Flir and Thermoteknix .....this stuff ain't cheap!

Old 06-23-2013, 05:44 AM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

DJI released an update to Ground Station yesterday ver. 4.0.8, no biggie just some flight restrictions for China:
"Add Flight Restriction in Specified Area.
Ground Station Waypoint Functions are restricted within the radius of 15Km from Tiananmen square in Beijing, China."

Old 01-10-2014, 09:54 AM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a problem as here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
DJI Ground Station 4.0.6 was working perfectly for me (5-waypoint Wookong-M). This morning I updated to 4.0.7 and Google maps wont load. I keep getting the following message, even if I do as it suggests and try the VPN:
Maybe the network is not good, You can try to open the GS VPN(Sys_set->Options->NetWork Setting->GS VPN) to load the map.
I am really not happy with this development. Can anyone shed some light on this?
I sent an email to the effect to DJI
GS 4.0.9, Win 7/32, internet via LAN
I read a tips after this message, but nothing helped me. What do I do?
Vialom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2014, 09:33 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not at all familiar with Win 7 at all ......all my machines are running Win XP Pro and the tips I posted is what solved my problems. Maybe you can contact DJI directly neil.li@dji-innovations.com was of great assistance to me in resolving a number of issues.

Old 01-26-2014, 12:43 AM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
Not at all familiar with Win 7 at all ......all my machines are running Win XP Pro and the tips I posted is what solved my problems.
It looks like Microsoft is finally walking away from XP on April 8th? We still have a lot of machines running Win2k at work but we carefully keep them isolated from the internet due to security vulnerabilities of these unsupported operating systems.
Old 01-21-2015, 12:36 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ha! ....finally got around to mounting a set of APC MR Series 14x5.5 props on my Folding Hexa!
Can't wait for weekend to go give it her whirl!

Old 06-11-2015, 07:38 PM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just completed a successful, but really interesting, WEIRD, R&D, Proof of Concept project for a huge conglomerate here ....that's about all the info you're gonna get, cause I had to sign a confidentiality contract about a month ago when this all started.
But, I can also say, for this project, I needed a whole bunch of way-points in relatively close-quarter 3D space and although we cannot presently hold anywhere near the trigonometric accuracy we ultimately desire, we got the concept proved, knocked their socks off, and looks like the principals want to take the R&D effort forward with budget over the next couple years and Chris is gonna get a call from me next week as we may move on to a couple Custom Heavy-Lift Octocopters and some really custom fittings.

Keeping a long story short, the project, moved from the proven DJI Wookong-M to APM 2.6 early o'clock simply for the unlimited waypoint access and all the weird open-source auxiliary functions I wanted to invoke both remotely and autonomously.

So I now have a Wookong-M with 5-waypoint license up for sale you guys have first dibs on it and anyone interested can PM me.

Old 06-12-2015, 06:05 AM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's exciting Cletus!

Couple of things to note, the WKM and the A2 now have 50 waypoint capability with the purchase of the datalink, IOW no extra license purchase is now required.

I'm currently in NC with the family, visiting OBX and hangin with the dolphins, then looking at a large project for the Army coming up soon. Going to be a busy summer and fall!!
Old 06-13-2015, 05:40 AM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great Chris!
Will call you when you get back to the shop and have settled-in. Got a customer with a really interesting application for this technology, but lots of development work ahead.
Enjoy the vacation!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in