Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Blade mCPX - DX6i/DX7/DX8 TX Settings for Beginner/Normal/3D

Dear William,

I noticed you still have posted my setup guides on your web site. I wanted you to know that I am currently selling my guides for a nominal fee on my website, . The content on your site is under copyright.

I kindly request that you remove my setup guides and please do not publish any new content of mine that users may try to post as it is all under copyright.

In return, I will occasionally post on your site important technical information your users can benefit from.

After years of helping people for no charge, I am at a point I need to generate some funds to cover the costs to continue providing useful information to this hobby.

My Helifreak user name is: CX2Pilot

Here are links to my setup guides on your site. The first one has 4 pages of my setup guides posted. The second one has 2 pages of my setup guides posted.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=400204

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=399727

I appreciate your cooperation.

Sincerely,

Tom Zadar

Last edited by CX2Pilot; 04-23-2012 at 12:12 PM..
CX2Pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2012, 05:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dear William,

I noticed you still have posted my setup guides on your web site. I wanted you to know that I am currently selling my guides for a nominal fee on my website, . The content on your site is under copyright.

I kindly request that you remove my setup guides and please do not publish any new content of mine that users may try to post as it is all under copyright.

In return, I will occasionally post on your site important technical information your users can benefit from.

After years of helping people for no charge, I am at a point I need to generate some funds to cover the costs to continue providing useful information to this hobby.

Here are links to my setup guides on your site. The first one has 4 pages of my setup guides posted. The second one has 2 pages of my setup guides posted.

Sincerely,

Tom Zadar

Last edited by CX2Pilot; 04-21-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Old 03-28-2012, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dear William,

Sincerely,

Tom Zadar

Last edited by CX2Pilot; 03-30-2012 at 10:35 AM..
Old 03-28-2012, 06:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sticky this! Thanks for the hard work
branmuffin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

HH now says for binding computor radios to hold the rudder over full right before even powering the TX in bind mode. They decided the time frame was to narrow to perform the proceedure the way they originally listed
Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome for beginners! (which is me)
TrevorFox34 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 10:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a DX7S ... should I be using the DX7, DX7SE or the DX8 configuration? I was reading around and I think it might be the DX8 option?

Thank you in advance
DeadServo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2012, 01:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same as DX8.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a DX10t and an mCPX v2.

Should I be using the DX8 configuration?

Thank you in advance

Last edited by alfiosca; 09-14-2012 at 04:49 PM..
alfiosca is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-29-2012, 10:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great Info CX2Pilot! Very informative especially for the beginner.

I found a cool video on how to modify the DX6i Throttle Hold switch that will really help beginners too. http://www.indoorhelli.com/Videos/tabid/88/Default.aspx It’s a quick mod and makes it easy to flip the switch.
ThinkMike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-14-2012, 09:52 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, great info!
65Driver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great thread, thanks for the info.

One question, with DX6i and 70% pitch up and down, my servos do not have enough travel to use 100% rates on cyclic (with max cyclic and pitch, the servos jam at the ends). Is this normal, and if so, won't those settings potentially damage the servos? Thanks.
1blahblah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2012, 08:33 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just curious... Just got my mCPx2 and haven't set it up yet. I've read they come from the factory with too much neg pitch and there is discussion on the first thing to do is to turn the swash links 2 or 3 full turns ccw (depending who posted). Any thoughts/experience with this? A little easier to judge with my 450
Old 12-30-2012, 06:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedude52 View Post
Just curious... Just got my mCPx2 and haven't set it up yet. I've read they come from the factory with too much neg pitch and there is discussion on the first thing to do is to turn the swash links 2 or 3 full turns ccw (depending who posted). Any thoughts/experience with this? A little easier to judge with my 450
The first thing to do is level the swash, then check for zero pitch at mid-stick and make it so if it isn't. If you start by making changes without checking, your next move may be un-making those changes.

(Guess how I figured that out.)
marinr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2012, 07:03 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinr View Post
The first thing to do is level the swash, then check for zero pitch at mid-stick and make it so if it isn't. If you start by making changes without checking, your next move may be un-making those changes.

(Guess how I figured that out.)
Thanks, should have come back sooner and updated. Mine (and a buddy's) came out of the box with dead level swashes and dead zero pitch at mid-stick. Maybe Blade is paying attention now? As well I read where many had to take the 3-4 ccw twists on servo links due to too much neg pitch. Not in our case. In fact the first 3-4 battery packs all I did was bump the Expo in normal mode from 30-35 which tamed it down a lot just to get used to it.Within a dozen or less packs I'm back at 30. Fly's great!
Old 12-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great info here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by firedude52 View Post
Mine (and a buddy's) came out of the box with dead level swashes and dead zero pitch at mid-stick. Maybe Blade is paying attention now?
To that particular issue, yes. I got my [first] mCPX in late May and read the threads here.

When I checked the swash the left side was too short by two full turns. I then twisted all three linkages three full turns because that was the advice, but when I checked for zero pitch it was way off. On a hunch I twisted all three linkages three full turns the other way, and when I checked again the pitch was as close to zero as possible.

A good general rule is to check first then adjust, no matter what others' experiences suggest.
marinr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2013, 09:01 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello everyone. Noob here. Looking to get this heli soon.

I few questions,

Can the beginner setting be used on a sim? And, what does it mean when you guys say to, "level the swash" and how do you do it?
- TREX
550e DFC
- DX7s
JBake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #19 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by CX2Pilot View Post
2. Setup for the Eflight Blade mCPX V2 Helicopter - Spektrum DX6I, DX7/DX7se, and DX8 transmitter.

Normal Settings

2.1 Buildem336 (Manuel) 3D settings for the Spektrum DX7
2.2 Beginner Settings
2.3 Transmitter and Receiver Binding

I don't have a DX8 so I can't make video settings for it like I did for the DX6I and DX7 which I own both.

Set your swash to zero degrees pitch at mid stick.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX9Ug...7&feature=plcp

Level the swash, set zero pitch and throws the correct way (my way)

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=372085

Normal Settings

Spektrum DX6I:

SETUP LIST
Model Type
HELI
Reverse
THRO-N
ELEV-N
GYRO-N
AILE-N
RUDD-N
PITC-R
Swash Type
1 Servo 90
Timer
4:00 Basic Flying
3:00 Advanced Flying

ADJUST LIST
D/R & Expo
0-AILE 70% 30%
0-ELEV 70% 30%
0-RUDD 100% INH
1-AILE 100% 30%
1-ELEV 100% 30%
1-RUDD 100% INH

Travel Adj
THRO 100%
ELEV 100%
GYRO 100%
AILE 100%
RUDD 100%
PITC 75%

Thro Curve
NORM 0% 40% 60% 80% 100%
STUNT 100% 100% 100% 100% 100%
HOLD 0% 0% 0% 0% 0%

Pitc Curve
NORM 30% 40% 50% 75% 100%
STUNT 0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
HOLD 0% 25% 50% 75% 100

-

Ive had my Mcpx v2 / Dx6i for some weeks now and i looked here to double check everything was correct. I have a question though...

Where it says "Adjust List" --> "D/R & Expo" on this forum , i look at my DX6i in there and i see the AILE - 0 - %70 - %30 , ELEV - 0 - %70 - %30 , RUDD %100 INH but thats the only 3 things on the list. On this post it shows 3 more below where the only changed is the 0 is a 1. Where is that? How come my Dx6i only shows the first 3 options?

Also... Are these the TONED DOWN settings for a new MCPX flyer or are these true to the helicopter and nothing is toned down.
Cali_Heli_818 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 01:57 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sv: Blade mCPX - DX6i/DX7/DX8 TX Settings for Beginner/Normal/3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali_Heli_818 View Post
Ive had my Mcpx v2 / Dx6i for some weeks now and i looked here to double check everything was correct. I have a question though...

Where it says "Adjust List" --> "D/R & Expo" on this forum , i look at my DX6i in there and i see the AILE - 0 - %70 - %30 , ELEV - 0 - %70 - %30 , RUDD %100 INH but thats the only 3 things on the list. On this post it shows 3 more below where the only changed is the 0 is a 1. Where is that? How come my Dx6i only shows the first 3 options?

Also... Are these the TONED DOWN settings for a new MCPX flyer or are these true to the helicopter and nothing is toned down.
Its because 1 is your idle up settings... So your have to switch your idle up switch to on.. Before you can see this settings

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk2
Blade mCPX v2 BL, XP-7A PnP with HP05S, lot of MH upgrades
CalleDK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in