Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default SK360 positioning

I've searched around and not found a 100% clear answer on the positioning requirements for the SK360.

I understand it needs to be aligned exactly (or nearly so - w/in 2 deg) of the pitch and roll centers.

I am planning to use one for a scale application, and am planning to mount it off centerline (about 2") and even with the bottom of the frames (TRex 600 mechs).

Is this going to be a problem?

As I understand the gyros, they sense angular rotation on a particular axis, and the exact positioning is not as critical as the alignment....

"we are the people our parents warned us about" - J. Buffett
Rodan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2008, 09:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

>the exact positioning is not as critical as the alignment....

That's correct. As long as it's aligned well, the position doesn't matter. The surface it's mounted should be stable though, ie not have a lot of flex. Other than that, as long as you don't have electrical noise issues, anywhere on the frame ok.

Re the alignment, if it's off even by 5 or 10 degrees, it won't crash the heli, it will just be difficult to tune and won't fly quite right.
Skookum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks for the quick reply! That's exactly the info I needed. Should be ordering one in the next couple of weeks...

"we are the people our parents warned us about" - J. Buffett
Rodan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2008, 09:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,
I got one question.
I plane to buy one sk360 for my trex 600 . However, I am using my own modified frame. The bottom part of frame is 1.5cm lower in front, so the heli stand on ground with head got angle with group like when it move forward, the tail go up at the end. Mean when it on group the blade dish is not parallel with ground. it is lower in front .
Does it effect on sk360 configuration and operation. the aileron sensor is seem ok but the elevator??
Also is I place the heli on fields which does not parallel with ground. can sk360 still workings fine and correct control ?

looking forward to hear from you.

regards
caotri
caotri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2008, 10:47 AM   #5 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

It doesn't matter how the heli stands on the ground. The sensor needs to be 90 and level in relation to the main shaft. Thats what counts. If your bottom plate is not 90 and level to the main shaft then don't mount it there.

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2008, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Bob, Thanks for reply and guidin. I plant to pace it at the gyro place. on my trex 600. So it will be Ok. I just worry about the setup place when it is stand with not 90 degree.

Thanks again. I am going to order one now.

caotri
caotri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in