Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 09:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 700 to 800 stretch

Hi,
I am thinking about stretching my 700 dfc to 800, i think mine is a v2, with 750mx 530kv motor,

what parts i would need ?
Also can i run 800mm main blades with that motor?
How would bigger blades effect my flight time ?
Whats the flight time on a 800 with 5000mah ?
Will the 800 trekker canopy fits 700 ?
AlignKing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2012, 11:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here are a couple of threads on the subject.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=305668

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...highlight=unit

What parts i would need ?
Boom, torque tube, rudder control rod, blades, maybe pinion, motor mount. Possible more.

Also can i run 800mm main blades with that motor?
Probably but you would mostly likely need a pinion change, and that would mean a motor mount change to an adjustable one like KDE. I'm not an expert on motor variations. Maybe someone else can offer better info.

How would bigger blades effect my flight time ?
Yes, your 3D flying style would also have to change somewhat. Pitch management is a must.

Whats the flight time on a 800 with 5000mah ?
I'm getting 5 minutes on 5300mAh taking out 75%.

Will the 800 trekker canopy fits 700 ?
No, not even close.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

I'm getting 6.5 mins flight time using about 70% of 5000mah packs.
You will want to use one f3c skid and one regular skid the f3c is a little shorter thus it will rise the tail up so you can used 115 tail blades.
Also I use a Nitro Canopy on mine gives it that bigger look.

Oh I am running the kde 395 motor now but I am changing back to the 495 like it better got about the same flight time just more head speed.
mu300pilot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 09:22 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

sounds good, 5 min flight time on that big bird is great,
but I am just wondering what you mean by flight style have to change ? i wanna know how it has to change if I am flying 3D ? or between the 700 and 800, which one is better for 3D ? what are some of the flying characteristics of each beside the size and presence in the air ?
AlignKing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 10:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've converted my 700E to the 800 using that Align kit so I maybe be able to help. I'm no expert flyer, nor do I perform any 3D, I pretty much set this bird up for AP with a GoPro cam. That said, I'm SURE it is capable of 3D though I think it would be a different setup than I'm using. I used the same motor, just went down 1 tooth in pinion and of course it required the KDE adjustable mount ( VERY nice piece of kit). It flys very smoothly, is ultra stable, but has a big, "heavy" feel to it like it's on rails. I can almost let go of the sticks in hover, but it is VERY responsive if you shove the sticks around. With 2 6S/5000 packs I am getting 12 minutes no trouble, 1 flight was 14 minutes but that's gentle forward flight, no aerobatics, no hovering. I have not measured HS but it's not screaming, keep in mind those big blades are like a glider doesn't need high speed to generate TONS of lift. My guess would be for 3D a 700 might be better, although anything can be done. Good luck hope this helps.
exhogflyer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2012, 11:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Me too. Both mine are 800s, and I have not changed my flying at all. I'm not Burt, but I do tick-tocs, and am working up the piro flip learning curve, so I slam it around a bit. Works great for me at 1850 headspeed using 11T and 470 kV motors.

Remember the PMs I sent you with the parts list and advice? What happened to those?!?! They had everything that you need...
Old 12-10-2012, 07:42 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

exhogflyer

You make a allot of good points. Very smooth, ultra stable, and tons of lift.

AlignKing

I'd like to add to that., When I commented on the 'flying style", this is what I was referring to. The bird has large presence in the sky and feels very light, and the hang time is outrageous. It moves fast, but it's size is a little deceiving on how fast which to me meant, to dig a little further with the pitch than I should have. ( hope that made sense)

I could not fly this bird like I did my 700. The amount of bite those 800mm blades have is huge, when you get greedy with the pitch, it will bog the motor. I had to re-learn my pitch management and learn to trust and use that hang time. And not try to plow my way through it. Once I figured that out, the fun factor rose ten-fold.

This bird will do all the 3D you can throw at it. But not the screaming smack down 3D the 700e DFC can do, at least at my altitude. Your elevation will make the 800 quite a bit more agile. Maybe when the 790mm blades are available, that may change somewhat. I was fortunate to be able to fly the 800e before buying it so I knew exactly what I was getting my self into.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in