Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2015, 04:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default A Puzzle

Look at the file, and see if you can figure out what caused the crash. Watch the playback very carefully, or you will miss it.

Rick
Attached Files
File Type: skl LOG2.SKL (637.5 KB, 48 views)
rickn816 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2015, 08:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What caused the crash was the altitude dropping below ground level. You can see that at about the 25 second mark!

But in reality, I can't tell...I'll wait for the correct reply.

Dan

Last edited by dogbreath; 10-19-2015 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: added more
dogbreath is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-20-2015, 10:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickn816 View Post
Look at the file, and see if you can figure out what caused the crash. Watch the playback very carefully, or you will miss it.

Rick
Your GPS drops out at 25 seconds, but this is because the high vibe warning at that time disabled things. Whats with the strange wobble in the playback toward the end? Was there a mechanical failure and something let go?

Also, whats with the strange and unstable GPS2 barometer readings? I've been helping another member that has one, and the hold log is always very ugly and unstable altitude wise when place in position hold despite any and all hold gain adjustments.

The log also constantly shows the model as being below ground. I see yours looks the exact same way with a scribble being shown when in altitude hold rather than a straight line holding the model within a meter or so like I get on my original GPS. Yours is also the same below ground as if its has no real idea what the altitude is
Old 10-20-2015, 04:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Watch the vibration values in the playback.

Rick
Old 10-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Watch the vibration values in the playback.

Rick
Vibration is a user defined configuration in playback along with many other choices, so I will need to set mine up for that the next time I'm home to try again to see it.

Mine currently shows number of GPS sats and rail voltage during playback.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

At the crash site, the 720 was off to the side.

Here is what I figured out:

The intense vibrations at the beginning of the flight was the 720 coming loose from the heli frame.

A few minutes later, the vibrations dropped significantly - probably when it worked totally loose from the frame.

With no connection to the frame, a crash was inevitable.

It's now repaired and ready to fly again.

Rick
Old 10-23-2015, 02:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, I've had some pretty high speed crashes and the 720 either stayed stucktight or busted clear loose and tried to escape the crash scene. I'll recheck all of my tapes today.

Dan
Old 10-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
At the crash site, the 720 was off to the side.

Here is what I figured out:

The intense vibrations at the beginning of the flight was the 720 coming loose from the heli frame.

A few minutes later, the vibrations dropped significantly - probably when it worked totally loose from the frame.

With no connection to the frame, a crash was inevitable.

It's now repaired and ready to fly again.

Rick
Ignoring all the rest, what tape are you using? I have had three of my Skooks come loose using their tape alone. Quite ugly while inverted! And yeah the surfaces were clean with solvent and alcohol before application. Solved by adding better thin double sided tape to each side of their tape now.
Old 10-27-2015, 06:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvmyhelis View Post
Ignoring all the rest, what tape are you using? I have had three of my Skooks come loose using their tape alone. Quite ugly while inverted! And yeah the surfaces were clean with solvent and alcohol before application. Solved by adding better thin double sided tape to each side of their tape now.
It was the Green Zeal tape. Did not ever see the adhesive go bad before. I'm going to keep a closer watch. That was an expensive mistake. And on top of that, at my rebuild maiden Saturday, the Castle Esc blew up. It was an older one, and probably damaged in the first crash - although no damage was evident.

This can be expensive from time to time.

Rick
Old 10-27-2015, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It was the Green Zeal tape. Did not ever see the adhesive go bad before. I'm going to keep a closer watch. That was an expensive mistake. And on top of that, at my rebuild maiden Saturday, the Castle Esc blew up. It was an older one, and probably damaged in the first crash - although no damage was evident.

This can be expensive from time to time.

Rick
Oh man that truly sucks! Been there. Also used to religiously use the green zeal back when teething with the old crappy vibe prone Aligns I started learning on. OMG nothing but super expensive modding helped those, and Zeal was a total must at the time. One thing I did learn is to never reuse the Zeal's own adhesive if it had ever been reused. The thin layer either comes off or looses its super sticky'ness. I did have a few come loose when super hot days hit?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in