Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonJet View Post
Here's the Oversky 200 35C's...

http://www.overskyrc.com/200mah-37v-...ery-p-377.html

Charging a 1S battery in parallel will make all the batteries connected equal in voltage...using a balance cable assembly simply treats each battery as a separate cell...which is what they are in the first place

1S batteries will always vary in the amount of mAh's they need to get to full charge...but the weakest battery gets preference until the voltage is equal...which is why it doesn't matter what the mAh capacity is...as long as all are the same cell count they will charge evenly

So balancing is automatic regardless of the method used

I usually connect all the batteries I'm charging to the parallel board, and let them sit for a minute or two...while they are all connected, the balance is achieved before the charge starts

It becomes apparent when charging 2S and above and you have multiple batteries connected to a paraboard...then each cell gets balanced as the charge progresses...the balance feature simply separates all cells and charges them as if they were a separate 3.7v cell
hello, I just put the brushless upgrade in my cpx and im using the eflight 1s 150mah 45c batts.good power but i want more.I see that OVERSKY makes a 200Mah 35c will this batt. give me more power with out changing the board plug or the landing skids? and if i want even more power what do i need to change. I have the MICROHELI CF frame so i am open for any segg. thanks Pat
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2015, 09:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzel1 View Post
hello, I just put the brushless upgrade in my cpx and im using the eflight 1s 150mah 45c batts.good power but i want more.I see that OVERSKY makes a 200Mah 35c will this batt. give me more power with out changing the board plug or the landing skids? and if i want even more power what do i need to change. I have the MICROHELI CF frame so i am open for any segg. thanks Pat
The "power" is in the discharge rating...

So 45C should give more power, assuming the battery is at it's best potential

Far too many 1S batteries get damaged very quickly by running then to LVC...I've had it happen several times

Another option is to do a brushless outrunner conversion...ten times the power of any stock configuration and you can run the larger batteries with no noticeable loss in power
JonJet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2015, 09:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The "power" is in the discharge rating...

So 45C should give more power, assuming the battery is at it's best potential

Far too many 1S batteries get damaged very quickly by running then to LVC...I've had it happen several times

Another option is to do a brushless outrunner conversion...ten times the power of any stock configuration and you can run the larger batteries with no noticeable loss in power
Hi Jon, the brushless outrunner , is this the same as the blade brushless upgrade ?? i have one NIP but have not installed it yet if there is something better can you shoot me a part #
Old 09-17-2015, 10:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizzel1 View Post
Hi Jon, the brushless outrunner , is this the same as the blade brushless upgrade ?? i have one NIP but have not installed it yet if there is something better can you shoot me a part #
No it is not the same...a brushless conversion uses an outrunner motor (typically Oversky's HP03 for the nCPX) and creates about 10 times the power...at about twice the cost of HH's brushless upgrade

You'll need a better tail motor, I've used the 7mm with great success

Connect with Rudy at Megas Micros...he does them and has all the needed parts, and will mod your frame for the larger motor
Old 09-21-2015, 11:14 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Voltage value

This looks like good thread to ask this question. I am using Pulse 160 ma batteries ( a total of 15 flights so far) with my Cp X. I am charging six of them with an iCharger 3010B at 1000 ma and a six port parallel cable (Buddy RC). When I am done I measured the voltage and got:

I charged them individually from this point and the three lower values came to 4.13 to 4.14. These values just seem too low. Shouldn't they be closer to 4.2?

Last edited by ByronTrantham; 09-21-2015 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: missing word
ByronTrantham is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015, 12:13 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ByronTrantham View Post
This looks like good thread to ask this question. I am using Pulse 160 ma batteries ( a total of 15 flights so far) with my Cp X. I am charging six of them with an iCharger 3010B at 1000 ma and a six port parallel cable (Buddy RC). When I am done I measured the voltage and got:

I charged them individually from this point and the three lower values came to 4.13 to 4.14. These values just seem too low. Shouldn't they be closer to 4.2?
Did you let them equalize before starting charge?
heli227 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015, 02:57 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Balance charge, they should all go to 4,2v
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2015, 04:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

So I'm looking for the BEST 1s packs for my upcoming Nano CP S.

I see some suggestions for mylipo's however I'd prefer to order from within the US. Not sure if the 205mAh would be slightly heavy (I will likely keep the CP S stock). They list the 205mAh at 6g and the 160mAh at 4.7g The website also shows a red "on demand" for availability. Not sure what that means.

Guys rave about the larger (above 3000mAh) 6s Pulse packs but not sure how their 1s 160's are.

I've got some 150mAh 25C Eflite's from my old Nano CP X but they're 2+ years old and probably shot. I don't know what the quality is like on the current Eflite lipos but it usually seems hit or miss.

Any other recommendations?
Old 10-08-2015, 05:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want the Nano to fly good I would go with the my lipo batteries you can get them from micro motor warehouse and you can get the from the mylipo store in THE US. The Miniaviation are good batteries to they are 220 mah 45c but you can only get them over seas
motp4tj1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2015, 09:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

What are the best batteries people can get in Canada? I know I can't get anything across the boarder from the US and therefore have only ever used E-Flite batteries on my Nano.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2015, 09:04 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't see a Canada exclusion from this seller...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lectron-Pro-...b66c6#shpCntId

And I've shipped batteries to Canada recently
Old 10-08-2015, 09:18 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's who I usually order from on Ebay because they're pretty close to me and my items always arrive exactly 1 week later (super fast for Canada).

I added it to my shopping cart and sure enough it let me go to Checkout. I suppose something has changed because it didn't let me do that before for batteries. Sweet, good to know this for NCPs ETA!
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2015, 01:13 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

motp4tj1 & Shyguy, I went with your recommendations.

Just ordered 5 of the mylipo 205mAh packs for my pre-ordered Nano CP S.

I've never done a pre-order on a new heli because I've never wanted to be the beta tester for a it. This Nano should have no surprises though so figured I'd go for it.
Old 10-09-2015, 03:24 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Great, you won't regret it - they rock!
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't see a Canada exclusion from this seller...

Lectron Pro 3 7 Volt 180mAh 45c LiPo Battery 6 Pack Blade Nano QX | eBay

And I've shipped batteries to Canada recently
I've had decent luck with these batteries.

I have to turn the music down while driving so I can see better.
MariaFan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 05:22 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heli227 View Post
Did you let them equalize before starting charge?
How can we know they are equalized ? It does explain why some batteries are less chharged, i always use the boards.
proy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-11-2015, 05:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Several 1S batteries in parallel should become equal in voltage after just a few moments...

The only exception would be weakened batteries plugged in with some that were only flown briefly

My best guess would be that in a worst case, 6 1S batteries would be equal in around a minute...jmo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in