Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > JS TZ-V2 Frenzy

JS TZ-V2 Frenzy JS Models TZ-V2 Frenzy Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2009, 04:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Mystery dust over and around clutch bell

After every flight I'm noticing what looks like fine particles of G10 frame matierial around the top of the clutch bell area. The entire bottom part of the bearing block above the clutch is covered with it. What could be causing this? I can't see where it would be coming from. Does anyone else notice this on their machine?

Is it belt dust or something?

Last edited by simusphere; 05-13-2009 at 08:15 AM..
simusphere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2009, 08:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Here is the dust:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Strange-Dust.jpg
Views:	439
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	96755  
Old 05-14-2009, 12:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It's kind of hard to tell in the photo, but from the color of it my guess is that it's from the main gear. Some particles may be normal on the first few flights but I'm a little concerened with the looks of the pinion. It looks like it's distorted and has some really rough spots that might be wearing into the gear. Did you ever clamp it with pliers or something? I would keep an eye it and on your mesh, have another pinion and main gear handy and fly the heck out of it!
Frenzy 50 with SK-360, AR7100R, BLS451, Edge FBL Blades, Spartan DS 760.Frenzy 90 with SK-720, AR7100R, BLS451, OS 91 HZ-PS. ELY-Q Vision 90 with BeastX, AR7100R, BLS451, OS 91 HZ-R, Radix FBL. JR X9303

Last edited by heartnspirit; 05-14-2009 at 12:51 AM.. Reason: spelling
heartnspirit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2009, 12:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm pretty sure that the camera is picking up a lot of crazy lighting reflections that are making the pinion look that way. If I cleaned the dust up it looks fine to me plus the gear moves very smoothly with no binding. I am very particular about things not being mechanically right to begin with so if there was main gear binding or distorted pinion, I would have noticed it. I am a little worried though because it looks like I'm the only one having this issue. I may just pull everything apart on a rain day to inspect everything a little closer. Right now still have no clue what the dust is since there is no visible wear marks on anything. It's like the dust is coming from nowhere.
Old 05-14-2009, 05:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmmm. Fairy dust? Don't they need a steady supply of it to keep flying? (Sorry, just couldn't resist. )
tessex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2009, 10:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you sure that it's not dust from the clutch liner ? Did you have a hot start or anything ? Does the clutch engage early or is still wearing in ? Or some aborted autos maybe ?
Just a couple of thoughts...
chosen69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2009, 09:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not sure what it is. I have not had any hot starts and the clutch engages earlier than most helis I've flown. You would think that dust from the clutch would be below the clutch bell and not above it, right? My mystery dust is on the top of the clutch bell and under the bearing right next to the pinon. I have to clean it up after every few fights. I only have a little over a gallon of fuel through this heli but if no one else has noticed this dust them I'm a little worried about it. It almost has to be from the main gear mesh but the darn thing has spun smoothly since day one and don't see any wear on it.

It flys great. Not much vibration to speak of but it is creating mystery dust on my bird. I guess there are worse problems to have but if I keep cleaning up dust eventually the part that is wearing should show some signs of wear.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by simusphere View Post
You would think that dust from the clutch would be below the clutch bell and not above it, right?
I guess that totally depends on your flying style...

I wouldn't worry too much about it if the mesh is perfect, if the clutch engages early as you say it might as well be the clutch liner still wearing in... I say fly it 'til it brakes - can't go wrong for that price !
chosen69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2009, 11:46 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, that's a what I'm a gonna do. It really does fly great. I had a more experienced pilot help tune the motor up today and I'm getting pretty good power considering today was so humid here in Virginia Beach. I think the dust is subsiding too so it must have been something wearing in.

I need to take a break from flying for a while. I'm getting burned out from too much flying.
Old 05-18-2009, 04:19 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

could it be the control rods rubbing on the canopy??
Old 05-19-2009, 10:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Even though my gear mesh seems to be good, I think the gears are the only place that make sense where the dust is coming from.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in