Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Lynx Heli Innovations

Lynx Heli Innovations Lynx Heli Innovations - Heli Upgrades - Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2014, 08:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lynx 300x tail grips ready to use??

I just scratch built an entire 300x was wondering is the tail hub and grips fully assembled and loctited? It seems that way but the package came with washers and orings that I don't see a place for unless they are extras?

Put one flight on it and there is brass powder all over the tail from the pitch slider. That's just because it's new right?

Here she is

vtown nick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2014, 09:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Pre assembled parts are LocTited but you can re do it as a piece of mind.

O-rings are for buffering the pitch slider at full range. Washers are shims for on tail drive shaft. You keep adding one at a time until you have "NO" side play on the shaft but yet it rolls free.

No powder is NOT normal. But if you didn't know what the o-ring and shims were for, it sounds like it could be a install issue, or you have extra's?

What's your end points set at? You grinding parts together at max throw?
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I know the brass washers use and had to use all 5. No play and not too tight. 4 had play so I used all 5. The actual grips came in their own little bag. That bag contained silver washers that have a small hole much smaller than the tail shaft and it came with 2 small o-rings. Looking at the lynx diagram those o rings go on the tail hub. I checked and they move smooth and no excessive play as well as the mounting screws seem to be properly secured.

The hole position on my tail servo is the second hole out like what I run on every single one of my helis. Hitec 5084mg hitec horn, I set travel limits but the servo is full throw before fully bottoming out but just barley. If I come out one more hole I can run more travel but will have to lower my tx gain so I'm choosing to fly it like this and see if the tail holds. You can't run full travel in the direction facing the tail box because the links collapse so I made sure when setting right rudder travel I was careful. With the tail pushrod off it moves super smooth both directions.

The sides if the brass pitch slider looks like the sides of it are being polished up by the fork bolts but no binding is happening.

I'm really impressed with the quality of this build, just want to make sure before I take it out and do some hard flying with it.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I figured it out, the install instructions are very basic for the super combo you really do have to go to the individual component to see further.

This is what I bought

http://www.lynxheli.com/manuals/LX0996%20-%20LX0997.PDF

o-rings and washers are actually shown in this diagram

http://www.lynxheli.com/manuals/LX06...H%20SLIDER.pdf

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in