Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters

450 Class Electric Helicopters 450 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 07:15 PM   #241 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv flyer View Post
I can remove hundreds of parts/screws from my car and it will still work. Im going to leave mine alone until I see a problem.
That's a funny analogy :-)

I've got well over 100 flight/hovers with no issues at all. Belt/tail are fine for me right now, so I'll not mess that up. I might leave it out the next time I have the tail apart and see how things go though.
lineus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 07:46 AM   #242 (permalink)
Registered Users

same here, well over 100 flights, pully still in place, i changed the belt as part of the spring check-up, but it still looked fine
rcflier1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #243 (permalink)
dze
Registered Users

ive run them both on and off, it makes little difference, but my personal feeling is with it on the belt can be run slightly looser which gives less friction than with it off and the roller is NOT a guide imo, its a roller designed to give the belt more contact on the tailshaft thereby allowing it to NOT have to be tightened like a guitar string .. overtightening a belt with an unwarranted fear that it has to drive a tractor is likely the main problem with any belt breakage/fraying with the pully on ... the idea with a belt in my opinion is 'how loose can i run it' and get away with it .. that equals less load on the drivetrain .. alot of people seem to be deathly afraid the belt is going to slip, you know what, its not, not unless its just floppy loose .. the roller can allow the belt to run a hair looser i think and thats the benefit of it if one takes the time to find the sweet spot .. that doesnt mean attach a come-along to the tail and see how tight you can get it believe it or not .. sorry for the sarcasm ..
dze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #244 (permalink)
Registered Users

way to go people!!! THE GUY JUST WANTS TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU LEAVE THE PULLEY IN>WHAT ARE THE POSSIBLE MALFUNCTIONS????
bchrny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 03:16 PM   #245 (permalink)
Registered Users

THANKYOU DZE YOU SHED SOME BETTER LIGHT I HOPE.PERSONALLY THOUGH FROM A PHYSICS AND ENGINEERING POINT, THEY DESIGNED IT FOR A SPECIFIC PURPOSE.ALIGN DOES ALOT OF TESTING(R&D) SO I'AM SURE THEY SAW A NEED!
Old 06-04-2010, 03:24 PM   #246 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, as far as belt tension--the belt crosses over itself in the center of boom -- it has to be semi tight, so the cogs do'nt hang up on each other.Did you ever see a heli have an occassional wag to the right???
Old 06-04-2010, 03:25 PM   #247 (permalink)
Registered Users

Tail that is, nose goes left
Old 06-04-2010, 09:54 PM   #248 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is not really such a big deal these days, being that we now have the torque tube tails.
No muss, no fuss, just as long as you don't tack the tail when landing.
Dumb Thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2010, 07:14 AM   #249 (permalink)
Registered Users

srry for boring you dud!i didnt see any and dont live in these forums! get a life or ill come down there from bracebridge and flog you with a couple of worn tail belts!
bowmaaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2010, 11:20 PM   #250 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I hate this stupid pulley

This is the second time I have lost a belt due to that stupid pulley. Should i remove it? Not only that but since I upgraded to the carbon tail boom and a new refitting set, (holds the tail boom in) I can not keep my belt tension tight. I have already wrapped tape around the boom to make it thicker. what the heck? In addition if any one out there was dumb like me and put a futaba 520 gyro on this bird let me know. I need help trying to get this thing to lock up. It does a real minor tail search in idle up and flight mode. It is killing me. I am very close to putting my 401 back on the darn thing. Any help would be great since my local hobby store bums are clueless.
flynandy1665 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 06:55 AM   #251 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Plenty of opinions here already about the idler pully so all I will say is, "the 250 don't need one, the 500 don't need one... Why does the 450 need one?" If you are breaking belts left & right I'd loose the thing, or at least get a flanged pully.

As for the boom slipping in the block the proper way to fix that is to sand off a little bit of metal where the two halfs meet, making the boom fit tighter in the hole.

The gyro is easy to fix. Replace it with a Spartan Quark.
Dumb Thumbs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #252 (permalink)
Registered Users

For the record, I have the new 450 Sport, and it does NOT have an idler pulley on the tail. There is not even a place where one could be installed anymore! That should tell everyone something about that useless pulley.
T-Rex 600N Pro, miniTitan E360
bronicabill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 10:34 AM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default stupid pulley

well that does it for me, either i will find a flanged pulley or this thing is history. I am sick and tired of ripping my helicopter apart and or freaking out as it does this in mid flight and i have only seconds to get back down low enough or landed before it just shatters. Last time I had to auto it down and trust me, 450 do not auto very well.
Old 06-17-2010, 12:06 PM   #254 (permalink)
Registered Users

Get a helicopter that has Torque Tube and you won't have to worry about the pulley :-)

Trex 900 DFC Ultra Combo OS HZ 195 Hyper , Goblin 1200 84S Flybared
Scotty T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

that is easier said then done, some people can not afford to revamp their entire helicopter specially if they do not make a tt for that heli.
Old 06-18-2010, 04:40 PM   #256 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you did put a TT on it, you would then have to deal with stripped gears every time the t/r blades barely touch the ground, or even heavy grass. No system is without its own set of problems!
T-Rex 600N Pro, miniTitan E360
bronicabill is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2010, 06:43 PM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

I vote for replacing the flat roller with a flanged roller.
I'd prefer to keep the extra 2 teeth of bite that the belt gets
on the tail shaft pulley. I've replaced mine with a flanged
roller and haven't had any problems since. But if I do
start having problems - it's going in the trash.
Old 06-19-2010, 07:55 AM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronicabill View Post
If you did put a TT on it, you would then have to deal with stripped gears every time the t/r blades barely touch the ground, or even heavy grass. No system is without its own set of problems!
I chop grass all the time. I never mess up the TT gears.

The only time I ever mess up the TT is in a bad crash and that's still rare.

People that are messing up the TT gears are zipping the tail against the ground. That's a bad habit to get into.

TT has 99.9% less problems than pulleys.

Old 06-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #259 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronicabill View Post
I chop grass all the time, during almost every take off. I never mess up the TT gears.

The only time I ever mess up the TT is in a bad crash and that's still rare.

People that are messing up the TT gears are zipping the tail against the ground. That's a bad habit to get into.

TT has 99.9% less problems than pulleys.

Last edited by Scotty T; 06-20-2010 at 07:30 AM..
Old 06-22-2010, 12:50 AM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default pulley

I have since removed that stupid thing and not I have not had any problems. Which is good because I am tired of wasting my money on belts. I am going to try a tt for this that way I have both and can rotate between both of them and see which one i like better.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in