Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Warp 360

Warp 360 Compass Warp 360 Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2013, 05:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Forget the heli" because he is trying to make a good point that has to do with tolerance stacking. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge compass fan, but it should be on Compass to be making sure that all the booms and belts are the same length and the correct length, not an individual who fly's a compass heli. FWIW I have had this issue with all of my booms. With both 17t and 19t tail pulley. The 19t obviously being worse.

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 06:11 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

For those of you that are unsure ,as soon as you take the 17 tooth out you will see right away that the 19 will not fit .Its just a simple case of taking a file or dremel and take an 1/8 off the boom and the slots .I do have the old boom and the new boom and there the same size
kachur779 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2013, 05:49 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMarvin View Post
"Forget the heli" because he is trying to make a good point that has to do with tolerance stacking. Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge compass fan, but it should be on Compass to be making sure that all the booms and belts are the same length and the correct length, not an individual who fly's a compass heli. FWIW I have had this issue with all of my booms. With both 17t and 19t tail pulley. The 19t obviously being worse.
+1
Modding the boom to fit is simple, assuming someone has tools to do it, but should not be necessary.
Compass should update the boom/slot dimensions to fit out of the box.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob O View Post

Maybe you can purchase a bunch of tail boom and tail belts, measure them all, and see if you can find some inconsistencies.
I would speculate that if I were to buy a bunch of booms and belts that they would likely all be pulled from the same portion of the same batch.

If production variances were actually happening it would be far easier for ProStar or Compass to check random samples of current stock. It could be that all previous runs have been depleted and they could not readily investigate but they have a far larger sample size at their disposal.

However, ProStar is unaware that any variances might exist, hence have no reason to check. "Clairvoyance" is, of course, not a reasonable expectation for either a manufacturer or distributor.
Hawk404 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2014, 02:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I can 100% confirm that there either ARE variances or that Compass has changed the part without notifying anyone. I have just replaced me boom (had a small dent) with a new boom purchased from heli direct within the last week. Both booms are the newer thicker booms. I just took one off the heli and one out of the package after reading this thread, so i was a little curious. The new boom is 3.5mm shorter than the other and allows much easier installation and correct tension, using the 19t pulley, without any modification. I personally am glad to see that it is shorter because it is much easier to work with. I am attaching pictures of the 2 booms (old on top new on bottom)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0899.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	477320   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0902.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	477321   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0903.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	148.3 KB
ID:	477322  

Controlled by: Jeti DS-16
Clay333 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2014, 07:07 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

If this is indeed on purpose, thank you compass!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-07-2014, 08:48 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put the 19T and did not have to modify the boom.
The heli had some tail wag during some high speed manouvers. Now it does not.
AlvaSpeed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2014, 07:16 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick question... Do you still use the limited tail throws on the 19t? I just bought this warp used and it had the 19t already installed. I have a kinda nasty tail kick after the heli loads up. Like the gov is to aggressive. I should switch off the gov to properly tune the tail. Can I use a YEP esc card to change gov gains? Or which yge esc cards? thanks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in