Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba 14MZ - 12Z

Futaba 14MZ - 12Z Futaba 14MZ and 12Z Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 04:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

My HF Map location

There is 12 channels available when in PPM mode on the 12Z/14MZ. Spektrum has only designed there modules to use 8 channels for the Futaba.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-28-2007, 08:25 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I purchased my 14MZ from Cyberheli in Hong Kong.

I can't update in respect of PPM shift and 12 ch PCM1024 which the update document specified "USA and European version only".

How can I find out which version (region code) my Tx belongs.

Thanks.
ycchu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2007, 08:33 AM   #23 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Probably need to call Steven at Cyberheli. He would be the one to answer that question. From my experience there is lot of brands outside the USA that do not use the shift. For example a Futaba tx can control a JR or Airtronics that is on the same frequency and vice versa.
So that my be why the shift capability is not in some of the 14MZs.
The pulse shift capability came out over a year ago. So any recently purchased 14MZ should have it, That is if it is suppose to be there in the region your radio is set for.

David
Old 03-28-2007, 09:09 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

David,

I read somewhere along that you can some how access the region code information on screen with the 14 MZ.
ycchu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2007, 10:07 AM   #25 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Yes look on RC Fan website. I believe he has the information there how to access the menu.

David
Old 03-28-2007, 06:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bravo to Futaba on the virtual cyclic ring, but it took long enough. I remember requesting that feature on a radio a long time ago; however, for it to be made available for a radio that I already own certainly makes it worth the wait. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

An FFC member?
Old 03-28-2007, 06:27 PM   #27 (permalink)
Team Taco Member

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH
Yes look on RC Fan website. I believe he has the information there how to access the menu.

David
Isn't that for the FX-40 only?? or does the FX-40 utility software work on the 14MZ

If so I have to ask why is the software so secret for 14MZ owners but with the FX-40 it made available in the upgrade package

Morley F1 60 Max (OS 61LX-H), Hirobo SDX (OS 55HZ-H, GY701), Trex 450SE + some planks
MarkD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-30-2007, 11:34 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Phaedrus, i dont know all the uses for the hysteresis but i use it to activate a higher gyro rate setting on my 14. + or- 8 degrees of pitch im in the hysteresis zone with 20% gain above + or- 8 it switches to 40% gain. this allows me to run a longer tail servo arm for fast response with with no wag and excellent tail authority
Old 04-11-2007, 07:42 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello, I have a problem after instaling the new firm ware. I can't make the receiver to change the frequencie, i've tried with DSC also, but nothing seems to work. Anbody have a suggestion? Thank you
vinh troc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2007, 07:48 AM   #30 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Do you have the transmitter set for the G3 type A receiver? With the new software update. There is type A and type B G3 receiver settings.
You want it to be set to type A.

David
Old 04-19-2007, 02:17 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCfan
Calibration is back (that didn't take long ) ...

Starting with the 2007-03-21 12Z update, follow these instructions to access the calibration utilities of the radio.

All you need to do is add some text to each of the .ini files. There's also a new file that operates a subset of the calibration utilities (handles stick mode and calibration as well as switch arrangement), if it exists, it takes precedence over T12ZTEST.ini but not T12SETRX.ini

Listed in order in which the 12Z searches for these files on the CF card:

1) T12ZSETRX.ini::
Execute T12Z Setting Rx Program

2) T12ZTESTLIGHT.ini::
Execute T12Z Reduced Test

3) T12ZTEST.ini::
Execute T12Z Test Program

The above text should be the very first line in each of those files.
Ciao.
I am an Italian. I have bought an used T12ZH and I must change the mode1/2 and a calibration stick . I have read your post (Mini tutorial) but I don't succeed in accessing the utility. What text I must write in the files.ini? Where am I wrong?
The Tx has update to V.1.37.
Thanks Mark m&m

PS- sorry for my very bad english
Old 04-19-2007, 06:26 AM   #32 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:

You place the text in blue in each respective .ini.

--Felix
RCfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2007, 07:06 AM   #33 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Marcomm
The above needs to be the only files on the CF card. There can not be any models saved onto the card. There will be a model folder on the card once the radio boots up. That is OK. Just no models that you might have saved to the card need to be deleted.

You can use either #2 or #3 above to do what you want to do. Use Notepad or Word to write to the card the files above. When it ask you to save them, put T12ZTESTLIGHT.ini in the file name. All you actually write in the Notepad or Word is Execute T12A Reduced Test. Then click save and write the .ini command above in the file name.

Hope that helps. It confused me also till I called and talked to Felix

David
Old 04-19-2007, 08:01 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCfan
Quote:

You place the text in blue in each respective .ini.

--Felix
Thank you. Now it's ok!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:02 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidH
Marcomm
The above needs to be the only files on the CF card. There can not be any models saved onto the card. There will be a model folder on the card once the radio boots up. That is OK. Just no models that you might have saved to the card need to be deleted.

You can use either #2 or #3 above to do what you want to do. Use Notepad or Word to write to the card the files above. When it ask you to save them, put T12ZTESTLIGHT.ini in the file name. All you actually write in the Notepad or Word is Execute T12A Reduced Test. Then click save and write the .ini command above in the file name.

Hope that helps. It confused me also till I called and talked to Felix

David
Thank's... now it's all right!
Old 04-19-2007, 08:28 AM   #36 (permalink)

Hi there.
Anybody know how to start the 14MZCalibration Utility after the new firmware of 2007-03-27?

Thanx!

RJ
Hirobofly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #37 (permalink)

I don't have the cal util but could you go back to an older firmware then calibrate then re-upgrade firmware. The calibration values should not change.
I have seen it on a CF card as a boot-utility program, one of the flyers at the field
had the service CF card. I do not know if Futaba changed how things work or not
with the new firmware.

Tony
tkilwein is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2007, 04:38 PM   #38 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
but could you go back to an older firmware then calibrate then re-upgrade firmware
How do you go back to an older version of software? If that is what I understand what your trying to say.

David
Old 04-20-2007, 05:14 PM   #39 (permalink)

Yes, that should work fine. A restore of the firmware from 2006-04-13 is pretty straight forward and will probably enable the use of the utility again.

-But it is not very convenient, so that is why I asked if anybody knows the "trick" on how to start it on the newest firmware.
I have seen that the 14MZ seems to start normally for calibration, but only for a short moment display the calibration-menu and then shuts down with "saving model data".

The reason why the utility is changed, is probably since the update for the FX-40 last January included the utility for that particular TX. Perhaps Futaba changed their mind and "closed" the function again.......

RJ
Hirobofly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #40 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I thought once a new version of software was loaded, that it would overwrite all the previous software and make it the latest. Just seems to me that you could not go back and load an earlier version of the software with the newer version already installed?

David

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in