Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2011, 09:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Esky Honey Bee Ct

http://www.xheli.com/eskyheli-002850...y-rtf-24g.html

I am new to the world of helis and i like what you get with and the price of esky helicopters. I was just wondering if the one in the link above is ok for a new guy like myself
firefighter_mechan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-28-2011, 10:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi ffm and welcome to the forum. You'll get a bit lonely out here so I'll move your post into the HBFP Esky forum where there are plenty who will help

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 11:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter_mechan View Post

I am new to the world of helis and i like what you get with and the price of esky helicopters. I was just wondering if the one in the link above is ok for a new guy like myself
Xheli is OK, but do a search for Esky Honey Bee and you'll find a number of sites to chose from.
boykintom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-28-2011, 11:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefighter_mechan View Post

Stay away from it if you're a beginner. The CT is very hard to fly. I have the CPX, which is the same heli with a regular two-blade head, and it's a handful. I've been told the CT is worse -- no flybar yet no 3-axis gyro.

Also note that the Esky radio is very basic. No throttle hold, no expo, and you can't adjust the throttle or pitch curves (both of which are set up fairly aggressive).

About the only good thing about this heli (and the CPX) is that they are inexpensive.
V-Man is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 03:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

What would you reccomend instead of the Honey Bee CT if you're new to these type of helicopters.
Would a Coaxial RTF be better?
Av8tir is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Any good recommendations as far as decent first helis go, pref one i wont grow out of in 2 weeks
firefighter_mechan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You're going to get a variety of opinions on this.
If I had it to do over again I would just get an MCX2 from Horizon Hobby
to fly around in the house. They're pretty stable and survive most crashes well. (Always cut the throttle when you crash to avoid frying your electronics).

Get a computer simulator such as Clearview or Phoenix. There are some free sims available but I don't know how good they are. You'll need a sim compatible practice transmitter as well. Some sims come with one.

Practice. A lot.
Then get yourself a Honey Bee and put a pair of Super Blades on it. Read everything you can on here about the Bee. Resist the urge to modify it right away. (except for the Super Blades).
Keep practicing with it until you get it. The Bee is to large to fly inside unless you have a very large room to fly in, and can be flown outside if the air is calm.

You could skip the Bee and get an Esky CP3 if you find you can control it well on the sim. In the end, it's up to you.

Research replacement parts cost on any heli you buy. Don't buy what you can't afford to fix......because you will crash.
Old 12-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post
You're going to get a variety of opinions on this.
If I had it to do over again I would just get an MCX2 from Horizon Hobby
to fly around in the house. They're pretty stable and survive most crashes well. (Always cut the throttle when you crash to avoid frying your electronics).

Get a computer simulator such as Clearview or Phoenix. There are some free sims available but I don't know how good they are. You'll need a sim compatible practice transmitter as well. Some sims come with one.

Practice. A lot.
Then get yourself a Honey Bee and put a pair of Super Blades on it. Read everything you can on here about the Bee. Resist the urge to modify it right away. (except for the Super Blades).
Keep practicing with it until you get it. The Bee is to large to fly inside unless you have a very large room to fly in, and can be flown outside if the air is calm.

You could skip the Bee and get an Esky CP3 if you find you can control it well on the sim. In the end, it's up to you.

Research replacement parts cost on any heli you buy. Don't buy what you can't afford to fix......because you will crash.

Thanks alot for your honest input
Old 12-30-2011, 07:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post
+1 to that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in