Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Turbine Helicopters

Turbine Helicopters Turbine R/C Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2014, 09:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Jetcat PHT3-3 Clutch Problem

I have a Vario UH1-D equipped with Jetcat PHT3-3 mechanics. I had an issue yesterday that I will try to accurately describe.
In flight, I noticed a sudden drop in power to the head. Turbine running fine, tail rotor at full speed, but a sudden drop in power to the head. Landed, and saw the problem. The nut holding the pinion gear to the shaft from the clutch bell and collar had loosened (my fault for not checking, I know) and the shaft was spinning inside the pinion gear. I pulled the nut off and red Loctited it, but noticed that the threads on the shaft were somewhat chewed up but was able to tighten the nut down securely.

My question is: does that shaft go all the way through the clutch bell, or does it go only into the collar between the bell and the pinion gear? Will I need to take the clutch out completely and tear it down to replace the shaft, or just loosen the collar and pull it out? I am hoping it will hold until I need to pull the mechaniocs to send in for service and maintenance, but if not, I am wondering how involved it will be to replace it. If I can replace it myself, I am going to look into getting a left hand threaded shaft.

Thanks.
Charlie
RookieAv8r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2014, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do these pictures represent what you are talking about?!

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=626324
KevinChiu123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thats the ones. The threads where the nut that holds in the bevel gear are somewhat chewed up, presumably from the nut working loose and the gear and washer spinning on the shaft.

I was able to Loctite the nut and tighten it securely, so hopefully it will hold until it is time to go to Jetcat for service.

Thanks
RookieAv8r is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
clutch, jetcat, pht3-3, turbine

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in